Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-09-2007   #1
texan_fan_8
Rookie

Default Plummer announces retirement (now what)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...40813162&ATT=5

So with the missing banner, what does this mean if anything.
texan_fan_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #2
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Re: Plummer announces retirement (now what)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan_8 View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6...40813162&ATT=5

So with the missing banner, what does this mean if anything.

I already put a link on another thread.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/10051011

"I wanted to come in and tell you guys on camera and face-to-face that the speculation can stop tonight," Plummer said from the Denver Athletic Club. "You can know by the looking in my face and hearing my words that I am retiring from the NFL. At 32 years old, I'm running away from the game. Not in fear or fright, but health-wise. I'm healthy. I'm happy. I have a lot to look forward to in my life."
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #3
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

YES !

QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

When is the last time you saw a professional athlete retire because they didn't get their way, only to unretire?EVERYTIME.
Old 03-09-2007   #5
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
When is the last time you saw a professional athlete retire because they didn't get their way, only to unretire?EVERYTIME.
Not this time.
Old 03-09-2007   #6
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

To answer the now what, now the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to draft Brady Quinn.

Last edited by BattleRedToro; 03-10-2007 at 04:43 AM. Reason: mispelling fixed
BattleRedToro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Not this time.

And you know this how?That's right..anything to keep the selfish dream alive. It was a general statement. It is a ploy.
Old 03-09-2007   #8
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
And you know this how?That's right..anything to keep the selfish dream alive. It was a general statement. It is a ploy.
I'm just believing what the man said. Now, you know he's lying because...?
Old 03-09-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:

Because the preponderance of evidence these days points to the fact that when a guy retires in any sport and he is still young enough to play AND he didn't get what he wanted when he retired..a trade, more money, a championship, etc, etc...he will come back under the guise of "a perfect situation" or "love of the game." I'm not saying I want him here. I'm just thinking he is peeved.
Old 03-10-2007   #10
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:

Plummer's gone.
Old 03-10-2007   #11
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6475 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
Plummer's gone.
Carr's next
Topher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #12
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by danklover View Post
Carr's next

Carr isn't retiring.
Old 03-10-2007   #13
Topher
Darth Tardis

Rep Power: 6475 Topher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respectedTopher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
Carr isn't retiring.
But he will soon be gone player
Old 03-10-2007   #14
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

lol it would be funny if he retired
Old 03-10-2007   #15
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr's next
I can see Carr retiring. He won't be a starter for his next team and that team certainly is not going to be so forgiving of all his short-comings on the field.
The days of him being coddled are over.

He's made out like a bandit money-wise here, so why put yourself through more humiliation with subpar performance. Just invest it wisely, call it a day and live off the interest.
Then find something you're good at and enjoy life.

Last edited by 2BCF; 03-10-2007 at 01:27 AM.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #16
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
But he will soon be gone player
Only to come back and bother the heck out of you and anyone else that put the hate on him.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #17
Topher
Darth Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedy View Post
Only to come back and bother the heck out of you and anyone else that put the hate on him.
How am I hating ? I could care less what he does when he leaves! I was just giving the Carr jockey's a hard time.
Old 03-10-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

His lips are moving?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Because the preponderance of evidence these days points to the fact that when a guy retires in any sport and he is still young enough to play AND he didn't get what he wanted when he retired..a trade, more money, a championship, etc, etc...he will come back under the guise of "a perfect situation" or "love of the game." I'm not saying I want him here. I'm just thinking he is peeved.
I am going to go with Barry Sanders with Plummer. And Sanders was universally loved.
Old 03-10-2007   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
YES !

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read