Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2004   #1
crazy4u310
Rookie

Default Can we beat the Colts?

I'm coming to Houston from New Jersey on Dec 12th to watch the game and I hope we can perform well so that my trip is worth it and we get to beat the Colts. Can the Colts be beaten by our team is my real question?
crazy4u310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Trite answer--on any given sunday, any team in the NFL can beat any other team.

More realistic answer--the Texans almost did last year, along with beating the SB loser and taking the SB winner to overtime and they are a better team this year so yes it could happen. Indy should obviously be favored, but the Texans have a shot.
Old 10-20-2004   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I firmly believe that our Texans can beat any team in the league. The have the talent, and they never give up!

Remember, any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team!

edit: beat me to it!
Old 10-20-2004   #4
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

NFL, Not For Long...........bank it!

We'll win one against Indy!
Old 10-20-2004   #5
profan
Veteran

Yes, We can beat them here and we can beat them there!
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to get out of there without injury. Their turf is the worst in the league.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
I know I remember the NO game last year. Did they change the turf during last season in NO, I don't remember? Is the turf in Indy worse than the turf that the Texans played on in NO?
Yes they have changed the turf in NO. No it wasn't the worst in the league--don't remember which was but seem to recall it was NE. Also seem to recall they changed it--may have been Philly.
Old 10-20-2004   #8
Jwwillis
All Pro

The Texans can beat any team in the league.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

In Reliant Stadium, the Texans can absolutely beat any team in the league. A year from now, they may be doing it away from Reliant on a regular basis. We actually are 1-2 in Reliant this year, and 2-1 on the road, but we all know how the SD game went, and the Vikings are on fire. We still took it to them. Never count the Texans out of any matchup. It's what I love about this team.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think this team is capable of beating anyone. Unfortunately, I also think this team is capable of losing to anyone.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #11
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

*****Yes.*****
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts are a beatable team ..... The New England Patriots showed the rest of the NFL the blueprint for success against them . The Texans system very much mirrior's that of the Pats . Ball control , tough defense , being prepared and most of all limit mistakes are the key's to beating the Colts .

I think the Texans offense can put up enough points to beat them , the Colts are suspect on defense as usual . The real question to this game is can the Texans defense slow the Colts Offense . The answer to that lies in which defense shows up , the one who forced 4 interceptions against the Titanics or the one who showed up against hte Chargers and Lions earlier in the season.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #13
DreamCatcher
Rookie

The confidence running through the Texans is a powerful weapon.If the Texans continue to play to their best ability they can take the Colts-no doubt.
Old 10-21-2004   #14
Mike Malone
Rookie

Default Beating the Colts

Any team with a defense can beat the Colts. The Texans offense can also beat the Colts defense. The key here is to put pressure on Peyton Manning and watch for the stupid penalties (offsides, personal fouls, etc.). David Carr (particularly against the Radiers) showed incredible toughness and I beleive is one of the better QB's in the league. If the Texans can run the ball and protect Carr for those few occasions that he'll have to pass, the Texans will win this game.
Mike Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Malone
Any team with a defense can beat the Colts. The Texans offense can also beat the Colts defense. The key here is to put pressure on Peyton Manning and watch for the stupid penalties (offsides, personal fouls, etc.). David Carr (particularly against the Radiers) showed incredible toughness and I beleive is one of the better QB's in the league. If the Texans can run the ball and protect Carr for those few occasions that he'll have to pass, the Texans will win this game.

I couldnt agree more

Hitting Manning in the mouth early and often is key .

More than 2.7 Yards per carry wont cut it . The rushing game must produce 3.5 ypc at a minimum , preferably more. If winning the time of possession battle is important against any team this is the one. The best way to do that is RUN the ball.

No mental errors . Stupid penalties will cut a drive short in a hurry on offense and extend them on defense . The more three and out possessions the colts have the better .

Protect the ball ......Turnovers are the main reason this team is 3-3 instead of 5-1.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Like Robaire Smith said, as long as Indy and Tenn are at the top of the division we have to beat them. But first things first. Let's beat the snot out of Jville.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know I remember the NO game last year. Did they change the turf during last season in NO, I don't remember? Is the turf in Indy worse than the turf that the Texans played on in NO
New Orleans switched to one of the Momentum/AstroPlay/FieldTurf variants after the Texans game - the one where Seth ripped up his knee.

Philly used to have the worst turf at the Vet but the Link has grass.

StL and Indy are the only two to my knowledge that still use the old hard as a rock Astro Turf. I've heard the players say that Indy's turf is as bad as it gets. Minnesota used to be the same way until recently but they also went to one of the Field Turf-like surfaces.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Of course we can beat the Colts. And ill give you one big reason that it is possible.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #19
phan1
All Pro

I'm actually more worried about the Jags than the Colts.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I wouldnt worry about the jags to much the only reason the offense put up such good numbers the last few weeks is because the teams have had no defense ! Jags got a pretty good defense but i know or D can really slow there O down more than there D can slow our O down ! LOL so we can beat the jags,,,if we play like we've been playing !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read