Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2007   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top passing performances during the year

Don't know if anyone caught it, but NFL Total Access did a segment regarding the top receiving performances throughout the year, and 2 of the 10 were AGAINST us.

Terrell Owens vs. the Texans secondary

and the number 1 receiving performance

LEE EVANS vs. the Texans secondary.

In all of this qb hype, let's not forget to address the secondary in the draft.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default Re: Top passing performances during the year

I know, I'm really hoping we go Landry at 8.

I'm surprised that Evans's performance wasn't ranked in the top 5.
Old 03-10-2007   #3
A Texan
Veteran

One thing that would help the secondary and the defense in general is for the offense to hold onto the ball longer. Those 3 and outs are a lot to blame for those stats.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #4
Jwwillis
All Pro

A little pressure on the QB would be most helpfull. When the QB has all day to throw any 2ndary looks bad. Not to say we dont need CB/FS help, its just a 11 man package.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #5
CodeBlue
Rookie

i dont know if u have noticed but watch NFL network and ESPN...like 50% of the highlights are against us! especially indy. i told this to my room mate and he noticed it too after i pointed it out
CodeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
i dont know if u have noticed but watch NFL network and ESPN...like 50% of the highlights are against us! especially indy. i told this to my room mate and he noticed it too after i pointed it out
My wife and I talk about this ALL THE TIME. We always make the highlight reel....unfortunately the play is always being made AGAINST us.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #7
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
It's only because our uniforms are photogenic. They could just as easily use the Titans or Browns... but one is ugly and bright orange clashes with everything.
Old 03-10-2007   #8
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
NFL Total Access did a segment regarding the top receiving performances throughout the year, and 2 of the 10 were AGAINST us.
Houston has a long history of being on the bad end of the highlight reel. Long before the Texans.

The greatest playoff comeback of all time comes to mind.
Old 03-10-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 234554 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Don't know if anyone caught it, but NFL Total Access did a segment regarding the top receiving performances throughout the year, and 2 of the 10 were AGAINST us.

Terrell Owens vs. the Texans secondary

and the number 1 receiving performance

LEE EVANS vs. the Texans secondary.

In all of this qb hype, let's not forget to address the secondary in the draft.
You know what was interesting about that segment, the teams that the top performances had been against: Patriots, Chargers, Saints, Broncos, Jags, Eagles, a couple of other teams that I've forgotten, and us.

I'm not saying that we don't need to fix our secondary. We do. I think that needs to be a priority. I just thought that was an odd mix of teams. I would have expected them to be a rag tag bunch of losers but those are some pretty good teams.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

A secondary will look weak if there is no pass rush whatsoever.

Look at Chicago's front seven, forcing the quarterback to hurry an make poor mistakes.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #11
MATRIX
Veteran

Great example.

INDY

The D-Line and LB's look horrible aginst alot of teams. Look at the Jags game as a prime example...nobody could do anything but watch a RB run for 200yrds plus.

Then, they tightened up, played as a unit in the playoffs and won a SB.

1 more great D-lineman or LB will help our secondary look better. And another good corner or S would be nice.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read