Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: . . . what should they do?
Cut him. 38 33.33%
Keep him. 76 66.67%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If they are unable to trade Carr . . .

. . . what should they do?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #2
real

Default Re: If they are unable to trade Carr . . .

cut him.
Old 03-09-2007   #3
real

Old 03-09-2007   #4
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58665 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 03-09-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL.... Let me go check my answer in the 3,000 other threads, just to make sure I stay consistent....
Old 03-09-2007   #6
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LOL.... Let me go check my answer in the 3,000 other threads, just to make sure I stay consistent....
Of course we should keep him. Given that the better free agent opportunities are evaporating, I am glad to see the decision to release Carr becoming incrementally more difficult.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #7
STONE D 55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Of course we should keep him. Given that the better free agent opportunities are evaporating, I am glad to see the decision to release Carr becoming incrementally more difficult.

We could use a new WATER BOY!
Old 03-09-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it's early, but those resluts are going to hurt some folks. 65% wow !
Old 03-09-2007   #9
real

Hurt ? ....No...

The Texans don't want Carr...It's not too hard to see...

They aren't going to cut him because someone will atleast give a 7th for him...

Carr will be gone even if that's all they'd get...
Old 03-09-2007   #10
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Keep him
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

...this should be a no brainer.

Looking at the remaining free agent starting Qbs i'm not excited. There is a few Qb's we could look at as a project type.

Those in favor of cutting him are you really that sold on the idea of Rosenfels being your starter with what Quinton Porter your back up? If we draft a QB the only way i hope he sees any playing time is either due to injury or getting play time in a blowout win
Old 03-09-2007   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post

Looking at the remaining free agent starting Qbs i'm not excited. There is a few Qb's we could look at as a project type.

Those in favor of cutting him are you really that sold on the idea of Rosenfels being your starter with what Quinton Porter your back up? If we draft a QB the only way i hope he sees any playing time is either due to injury or getting play time in a blowout win
You are acting like we'd be losing a lot by Starting Rosenfels and cutting David...

What has David done that's so irreplaceable ? I know he set the bar high with his 11 tds[], but I'm sure we can find someone to hand the ball off and fumble....
Old 03-09-2007   #13
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:

Yes. It's very hard to imagine anybody that could be more pathetically inept than Carr.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92649 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well it's early, but those results are going to hurt some folks. 65% wow !
ehhhh. . it's the typical offseason where it's mostly pro-Carr. If this poll were to take place during actual football season, the results would be vastly different.
Old 03-11-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Where has Carr shown that he is so much better than Rosebnfels..lol. I voted cut just for the sanity of the organization and so we can have damage control while moving forward. I think the talks so far have taken us to the edge of a cliff we can't get off.
Old 03-11-2007   #16
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of you people crack me up. You're thinking with your emotions, rather than what's best for the organization.

I still believe in Carr, but I'm also smart enough to be able to read the writing on the wall. It's my opinion that Carr will be traded on draft day & that it will be to Oakland for a 3rd round pick.

However, to answer the original question in this thread, if we are unable to trade Carr, then we keep him. We're going to take a big hit from his bonus, whether we trade him, cut him, or keep him, anyway. We can always let him go at the end of the year, next year. But, the main reason for keeping him is, some team is most likely going to have their starting QB go down during the season. That team would be more willing to part with a 3rd, or possibly a 2nd round pick, if they're in the middle of a playoff run.

So, if you can, try & take the emotional part out of your decisions. It'll help you see more clearly.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
. . . what should they do?
cut cut cut cut cut
Old 03-11-2007   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
So, if you can, try & take the emotional part out of your decisions. It'll help you see more clearly.
All things considered, that's a little easier said than done.
Old 03-11-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want carr gone more than many, but if we can't trade him this year, I say keep him around and let him compete. If Sage gets hurt, I'm not comfortable starting Van Pelt
Old 03-11-2007   #20
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I want carr gone more than many, but if we can't trade him this year, I say keep him around and let him compete. If Sage gets hurt, I'm not comfortable starting Van Pelt
IMO, it's beyond that. If they can't trade David, he'll be cut.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read