Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default cbs:Texans offseason losers

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sport...10040633.shtml

Quote:
Houston Texans: I don't understand these guys. A year ago they could've had Reggie Bush or Vince Young with the first choice of the NFL Draft. Instead they took defensive end Mario Williams. Now they try to correct their mistake with the addition of veteran Ahman Green, and, I'm sorry, I'll take Vince Young as a running back.

Ahman Green was a terrific runner ... back in 2003. Now he's 30; he has missed 13 of the Pack's past 27 games; and he averaged 3.8 yards a carry the past two seasons. That's what is known as a running back in decline. And let's not get started about the fumbling. Paying Ahman Green $8 million in 2007 is not how you solve problems; it's how you complicate them.
Old 03-08-2007   #2
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default Re: cbs:Texans offseason losers

it always seems like no matter what the sport houston teams always get slammed in the national media...cbs is no different than espn...both have us listed as losers in FA...but i personally like what we're doing...so they can go butt a stump for all i care
Old 03-08-2007   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, ESPN has us as an offseason loser as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2789661
Old 03-08-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

It reminds me when everybody questioned what the Chargers were doing a couple of years ago, then bam they proved everybody wrong. The fact is that these guys have no clue what the hell they are talking about.

All they do is jump from bandwagon to bandwagon. I personally think paying a sports writer is a waste of money. They don't even report the news anymore. All they do is cram their east coast/west coast biased opinions down everybodies throat. Only in America can some tard like Skip Brainless have the job he has.

Speaking of east coast, has anybody ever seen a more over hyped, over blown pitcher like the japanese one in Boston, I swear you would think the freaking beatles just landed in america. Imagine if Drake McClain opened up his pockets and signed this guy, all the press would be bashing us for signing a unproven pitcher for a gazillion dollars and how most aisian pitchers flop...(Yao anyone), but NOOO!! the Red Sox signed him..............Greatest move of all time, give me a freaking break.

These people can go off themselves for all I care.
Old 03-08-2007   #5
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Ther media's job is no longer to report the news but create it. Yes they are bunch of bums and shuldn't be listened to and that goes for the Houston Chronicle as well.
Old 03-09-2007   #6
htownfoozball
Veteran

they dont realize that we're in a better position than we were with RB's last year...and they dont even realize we're not picking #1 again...how does that make us losers?
Old 03-09-2007   #7
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
it always seems like no matter what the sport houston teams always get slammed in the national media...cbs is no different than espn...both have us listed as losers in FA...but i personally like what we're doing...so they can go butt a stump for all i care
... and what part of that CBS write up do you disagree with?
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2007   #8
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

We pass up on Bush because any RB will be a stud with our new Scheme so we lost out on Bush.

We pass up on V.Y Because David is going to take us to the superbowl someday ) now The FO is just hoping someone offers them at least a third rounder for him.

I dont think their is any move that can be done this off-season to correct our huge mistake last year. its going to take us about 3 very good draft classes.

the so called experts arent only looking at the offseason but they look at what the texans are attempting to do for last year mistakes.
Old 03-09-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Well, first, I seriously doubt this guy was really reporting that we should take Vince Young prior to the draft or even prior to VY coming in relief of Collins and starting to win some games. So he's probably just jumping onto a bandwagon.

Secondly, I don't think not drafting Bush was a mistake. Bush ended up in a very good position for himself because he's got McAllister to carry the load and he can bounce around and play lots of different positions. If we had drafted Bush, we would have needed him to play more like a real running back and I don't think that would have worked out very well. Mario was a good pick. We had a good draft.

Thirdly, Ahman Green is admittedly a short term solution. Yeah, we have to find a real, young #1 RB to take his place pretty soon but he does upgrade our running corps. This guy was the hottest FA RB on the market and we got him. Therefore it must have been a mistake? I don't buy it. If he had landed almost anywhere else, he would have been a great move. If we can get a good year or two out of him, then it was a good signing.

Fourthly, we tripled our wins and aren't picking first again and this guy doesn't know what we're doing? We were the last team to beat the Colts. We finished 3-3 in a pretty tough division. Why should we give a rat's rear end if he knows what we're doing? Let me tell him what we're doing... we're turning it around.

Old 03-09-2007   #10
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

It's a weak argument and he knows it. He could've just used last season's statistics. He could've used career statistics. He could've used the somewhat commonly used three-year statistics. But he used two to give the one and ONLY anomaly in terms of injuries and performance in Green's career (2005) more percentage in the numbers. That's a weak attempt to twist facts.

Let's not get started about the fumbling? Actually, lets. He's lost two fumbles in his last two seasons (the sample size he brought up.) How is that bad? If anything, that's better than the average.

Here's the reality: when the Texans dared not take the media's glamour hero (Reggie Bush), the media took it as a personal slap in the face to the player who they spent years and years hyping.

Finally, the entire premise of the argument is ridiculous. He slams Ahman Green for his 3.8 YPC and wonders how in the world the Texans could use that to try and "correct their mistake", as if it's something impossible to do. Except, Reggie Bush rushed for... an even lower 3.6 YPC!

Clark Judge just lost any shred of objectivity he ever had... he's just another Reggie Bush fanboy. Next.
Old 03-09-2007   #11
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Simple, he is using last years draft to evaluate this years offseason. Well golly gee wiz homer why not use last years FA signing of LaVar Arrington to say how bad the giants are doing this offseason.

One has nothing to do with the other, but hey you can not stop sniff a jock midstream I guess for these reporters.
Old 03-09-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Simple, he is using last years draft to evaluate this years offseason. Well golly gee wiz homer why not use last years FA signing of LaVar Arrington to say how bad the giants are doing this offseason.

One has nothing to do with the other, but hey you can not stop sniff a jock midstream I guess for these reporters.
NICE!!! Good post!
Old 03-09-2007   #13
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I emailed him and let him know he has the football knowledge of a raisin.
Old 03-09-2007   #14
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

The losers are the talking heads in the media.
Old 03-09-2007   #15
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
nice, good job.
Old 03-09-2007   #16
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how he can call Leonard Davis a winner and not call the Cowgirls "losers"???????
Old 03-09-2007   #17
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, first, I seriously doubt this guy was really reporting that we should take Vince Young prior to the draft or even prior to VY coming in relief of Collins and starting to win some games. So he's probably just jumping onto a bandwagon.

Secondly, I don't think not drafting Bush was a mistake. Bush ended up in a very good position for himself because he's got McAllister to carry the load and he can bounce around and play lots of different positions. If we had drafted Bush, we would have needed him to play more like a real running back and I don't think that would have worked out very well. Mario was a good pick. We had a good draft.

Thirdly, Ahman Green is admittedly a short term solution. Yeah, we have to find a real, young #1 RB to take his place pretty soon but he does upgrade our running corps. This guy was the hottest FA RB on the market and we got him. Therefore it must have been a mistake? I don't buy it. If he had landed almost anywhere else, he would have been a great move. If we can get a good year or two out of him, then it was a good signing.

Fourthly, we tripled our wins and aren't picking first again and this guy doesn't know what we're doing? We were the last team to beat the Colts. We finished 3-3 in a pretty tough division. Why should we give a rat's rear end if he knows what we're doing? Let me tell him what we're doing... we're turning it around.

Very well put!
Old 03-09-2007   #18
cowboy62
Rookie

hehehe...bunch of loser's...yall s88k....
Old 03-09-2007   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the Jordan Black signing was huge IMO and if we can bring in Shawn Barber well we upgraded two very big positions right there.

Because of our record, noone will notice that the run game was a major part of any offensive production we had and that was with Ron Dayne. The lack of winning just doesn't show what we are capable of doing on the ground and they can't see that Ahman is an upgrade over what we currently have.

That's okay though. There will be plenty of suprise to hand out.
Old 03-09-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Nice.... You should have thrown in a link to this thread so he can get the rest of our feedback.....

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...t=36389&page=2

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read