Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2007   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default looking towards the WR position

ok i for one am all for trading carr to a team that has good depth at WR for a solid WR...ie...trade him to minnesota for troy williamson (mcnair favorite)

but i was looking and here is a list of who is still out there in FA at the reciever position:

donte stallworth for like another 2 minutes
antonio bryant
kevin curtis
justin gage interesting how he had so much promise when he came into the league now you don't hear anything about him
shuan mcdonald
quincy morgan
brandon stockley
travis taylor
kelly washington

still i think it would be worth it to bring in bryant for an interview along with justin gage...i personally saw this kid play when he was at missouri and he can play...just a matter i think of finding a scheme that matches his strong suites
Old 03-08-2007   #2
fdknuckles
Rookie

Default Re: looking towards the WR position

Pick up Bryant....he's a legitimate threat at #2. Pull Mathis and Anderson up to complete the wide out 4.
fdknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO i like stokley
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #4
Low Life
Rookie

what's the stat on mathis? how many balls has he dropped. i think his potential is untapped. is there a stat on that? his rookie season had no more drops than andre's from my recollection.
Old 03-09-2007   #5
Low Life
Rookie

oh yeah. i agree on stokley. that dude is solid.
Old 03-09-2007   #6
t_flare
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Life View Post
what's the stat on mathis? how many balls has he dropped. i think his potential is untapped. is there a stat on that? his rookie season had no more drops than andre's from my recollection.
drops are one thing... running routes, run blocking, getting open and Mathis' worst thing

INJURY PRONE! that and he feel off his bike
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #7
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post

donte stallworth for like another 2 minutes
antonio bryant
kevin curtis
justin gage interesting how he had so much promise when he came into the league now you don't hear anything about him
shuan mcdonald
quincy morgan
brandon stockley
travis taylor
kelly washington
Holy schnikes. If we could land Kevin Curtis, Rick Smith would rock the house. Big time.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

quincy morgan
I wonder how much he would cost ?
Old 03-09-2007   #9
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

The #2 WR position is the least of my worries. Between the FA and the Draft, the WR position is so deep that we will end up with a solid #2 no matter what.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #10
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Drew Bennett?
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #11
TommyS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
What about Drew Bennett?
signed with St Louis a couple days ago

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/60773/
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #12
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

For 30 million. Too expensive.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

granted all of the guys i listed above have faults

i would absolutely love it if jerome mathis could come back healthy, not have a hamstring problem, and become the #2 WR on for this team...he's speed would force teams to bring a safty over to him for insurence and even then he might be able to slip pass the FS

with walter you have what i think will be a solid possession guy...which a lot of quality 2nd WR's are...he has above average size...which is good for those endzone jump balls...and i think he runs routes better than gaffney did when he was here

of course out of the FA antonio bryant probably is the best option and had he not been a head case probably would still be with the 49ers

in the draft there is no shortage of guys available who look like they could fill the need...it's just a matter of how high does rick smith feel this need has to be addressed
Old 03-09-2007   #14
Buckle
Veteran

I hope that the Texans look at a WR in the draft and if Kalil is gone in the 2nd round maybe picking up one then depending on what we do in the 1st. I think that there will be a couple quality WR's who are gonna fall to us in the 2nd who could come in and be the Texans draft steal of '07! Last year we got the defensive player steal of the draft with Ryans, maybe we can pull a repeat this year with a high quality offensive player in the 2nd or 3rd.
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #15
bigTEXan8
All Pro

stokely was good because the colts also had wayne and harrison. not many people have 3 solid db's. other than that...meh. the only way the texans get a good wr is through the draft or by trading carr. that's as good as it gets.
Old 03-09-2007   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

kevin curtis is the best F.A. wr. available lets bring him in & see if we can sign him.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007   #17
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

stokely would be ok except that he is injury prone
Old 03-09-2007   #18
aproberts03
Rookie

stallworth if he can stay healthy for the whole season would be a great addition on the other side of johnson. with his speed and with johnson it would be hell for any secondary
aproberts03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read