Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Depth chart:Anyone keeping score?

I have gotten lost on the additions and subtractions of our Depth chart ...I know i will be wrong on this stuff so could y'all help me and either paste and add or paste and delete what i have wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/HOU

QB-Carr,Sage,Porter,Van Pelt
RB-Green,Lundy,Taylor, DW,Gado
FB-Leach,Cook
WR-Johnson,Walter,Adams,Anderson,mathis
TE-Daniels,Putzier,Joel Dreessen and Ben Steele

RT-Winston,Scott Jackson
RG-Weary,McKinney
C-Hodgdon,Flannigan,Chris White
LG-Pitts,Atlas Herrion
LT-Spencer,Salaam,Black(new signee)

LDE-Weaver,Kalu,Earl Cochran
LDT-Johnson,Killings
RDT-Maddox,Th. Johnson, Tim Bulman, and Alfred Malone
RDE-Williams,Babin

LolB-Orr,Wong,Clark
MLB-Ryans
ROLB-Greenwood,Charlie Anderson

Rcb-Faggins,Hutchins,Alexander
SS-Earl
FS-Brown,Simmons
LCB-D-rob,McCleon,Wynn,Jason Horton

K - Brown
P - Stanley
LS - Pittman

NFLEL - Mike Brisiel (G), Cameron Muro (P), Quinton Porter (QB), John Walker (S), Harry Williams (WR)

Some players maybe put on the wrong side, but you get the gist of it... please fix what is wrong, I don't know how uptodate NFL.com
and ESPN has the list of UFA and releases

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou

Last edited by Wolf; 03-08-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Depth chart:Anyone keeping score?

Looking at it in me... as much as I like Adrian Peterson, I am thinking a Safety in first or 2nd round.

but I wouldn't mind Peterson in first and Merriweather in 2nd(if he is over his troubles)

This list is to kinda hopefully breakdown what we are adding and subtracting to get a feel of what we might do (yes I know that is almost impossible) in the draft

looking at the updated list... I can safely say we won't move up to draft Peterson, heck if he was there, I am not sure we would draft him(I would love him). RB is not one of our weak spots and there are later picks on Rb that we could get.

Last edited by Wolf; 03-08-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

You forgot Samkon Gado at RB. Also, Mathis at WR.
Old 03-08-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

added..thanks
Old 03-08-2007   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
added..thanks
Is Leach signed?
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Is Leach signed?
No. He is testing the market right now. The only thing is, he is a RFA, which means that the Texans have the right to match any offer that another team makes.

He will be a Texan next year.
Old 03-08-2007   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Need to add:

G - Atlas Herrion
C - Chris White
T - Scott Jackson

TE - Joel Dreessen and Ben Steele

QB - Van Pelt

FB - Cook

DE - Earl Cochran
DT - Th. Johnson, Tim Bulman, and Alfred Malone

OLB - Charlie Anderson

CB - Jason Horton

K - Brown
P - Stanley
LS - Pittman

NFLEL - Mike Brisiel (G), Cameron Muro (P), Quinton Porter (QB), John Walker (S), Harry Williams (WR)

Need to remove:

Poke? (Assume you mean Polk)
Evans
Stone

Last edited by aj.; 03-08-2007 at 07:10 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

thanks aj.. it is corrected
Old 03-08-2007   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just say NO to Hodgdon at Center. PLEASE
Old 03-08-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

RT-Winston,Scott Jackson
RG-Weary,McKinney, Winston
C-Hodgdon,Flannigan,Chris White, McKinney, Weary
LG-Pitts,Atlas Herrion, Black
LT-Spencer,Salaam,Black(new signee), Pitts

Just added positions that these guys can play, have played, or were drafted to play. Lot of backups now. Lot of depth. Still not set up front, though...
Old 03-14-2007   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I have gotten lost on the additions and subtractions of our Depth chart ...I know i will be wrong on this stuff so could y'all help me and either paste and add or paste and delete what i have wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/depthcharts/HOU

QB-Carr,Sage,Porter,Van Pelt
RB-Green,Lundy,Taylor, DW,Gado
FB-Leach,Cook
WR-Johnson,Walter,Adams,Anderson,mathis
TE-Daniels,Putzier,Joel Dreessen and Ben Steele

RT-Winston,Scott Jackson
RG-Weary,McKinney
C-Hodgdon,Flannigan,Chris White
LG-Pitts,Atlas Herrion
LT-Spencer,Salaam,Black(new signee)

LDE-Weaver,Kalu,Earl Cochran
LDT-Johnson,Killings,Zgonina
RDT-Maddox,Th. Johnson, Tim Bulman, and Alfred Malone
RDE-Williams,Babin

LolB-Orr,Wong,Clark
MLB-Ryans
ROLB-Greenwood,Charlie Anderson

Rcb-Faggins,Hutchins,Alexander
SS-Earl
FS-Brown,Simmons
LCB-D-rob,McCleon,Wynn,Jason Horton

K - Brown
P - Stanley
LS - Pittman

Some players maybe put on the wrong side, but you get the gist of it... please fix what is wrong, I don't know how uptodate NFL.com
and ESPN has the list of UFA and releases

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou
added today's signing of Zgonina
Old 03-14-2007   #12
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Our DT position still looks pretty thin.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

yes, and I am scared at CB also
Old 03-14-2007   #14
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Are there any decent Free Safteys out there?
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #15
amazingandre
All Pro

Default A new offensive lineup

with the new additions and a solid draft i think our offense can be very dominating.....

qb matt schaub
rb combo of green/dayne/taylor
fb leach........yes!!!!!!!
wr1 andre
wr2 jason hill rd3
te daniels
lt levi brown rd1
lg pitts
c weary
rg winston
rt spencer
this would be so great in my opinion....only downside is that our defense would be the focus on rds 4-7 and wed need to be very lucky to find starters.....but i think we need to find a fs in rd 4 that can start right away or we are doomed!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #16
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps
Default Re: A new offensive lineup

I like it... now imagine that we trade down with Buffalo or Green Bay, still snatch Levi Brown, and have an extra 2nd/3rd rounder to take a CB. Then we grab the FS in the 4th, and a DT in the 5th and DE in the 6th for depth.

Money in the bank.
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #17
tex
Veteran

Add Lundy to the rb's he's not as bad as people say imo.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #18
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think its too high picking Levi Brown at 10 and I am not sure if he is going to be good LT in the NFL. I always see him more as RT due to his size and lateral movement. He is not quick enough to play LT.

I would love to see them trade down and pick up few more draft picks that we lost. Simply put we have too many needs on our ball club and not enough money to fill all the holes.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #19
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Weary worth that C position?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007   #20
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Depth Chart Update?

Hey Mods,

How soon will the depth chart be updated. There are a few names that need to be added.......and deleted.......
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read