Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Seahawks cut Wistrom

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
As first reported by Adam Shefter of the NFL Network, the Seattle Seahawks have released defensive end Grant Wistrom. This is yet another step in the team’s constant process of reinventing its defensive line.

It is also a somewhat expected move, as team president Tim Ruskell had said that after Seattle recently signed former Atlanta Falcons DE Patrick Kerney to a six-year, $39.5 million deal, Wistrom would be asked to restructure his own contract, which was six years and $33 million, signed in March of 2004.

It would now seem that Wistrom and his agent, Tom Condon, refused to restructure. Condon is also Steve Hutchinson’s agent, and was the pointman in the “poison-pill” offer sheet that allowed the Minnesota Vikings to steal the Pro Bowl guard away from the Seahawks in 2006.

It was not a contract that Wistrom had lived up to – he was brought in to bring change to Seattle’s defensive line, but he never totaled over 52 tackles and four sacks in a season.

The Seahawks will save $3.5 million in cap room in 2007 by releasing Wistrom, but they can’t use the money until June 2, pursuant to the league’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Wistrom was selected out of Nebraska as the sixth overall pick in the 1998 draft by the St. Louis Rams.

Stay tuned to Seahawks.NET for more free agency news as it becomes available.

Do you guys think signing this guy for say a 2 year deal to play on the otherside of Mario could help free him up like Moulds did for AJ. I think for the right price it would help out along the line.

Hey this was a question regaurding our Texans and free agents so could someone tell me why this was moved?

Well than why is there always talk about guys being released and if we should sign them. I guess we will just start another 50 threads about David Carr.

Back