Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2007   #1
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Cool OT Jordan Black Visits & Signs

Black, Zgonina speak with Texans

Following are comments from free agent offensive tackle Jordan Black after he visited with Texans officials on Thursday.

(on coming to Houston) Well, I am from Dallas. Its always good to come back to Texas, and it would make me very happy to be a part of this organization and this town.

(on helping out along the offensive line) You dont want to go someplace where you dont feel needed or wanted. I get the feeling that there is some interest here and I would like to help them any way I can. If it works out that way, that would be great.

(on him as a player) Im going to play hard and Im going to work hard. My goal is to get better everyday and my goal is to help the team the most that I can. Im just going to go out to practice and try to become a better player and help the team.

(on the Texans' scheme) Its the NFL, there really are no secrets; its just the manner in which you call the plays that really separates yourself. But, Ive been around for four years and I know a little, Im not going to say I know a lot, but it comes with experience. Im very confident that I could pick it up and play well here.

(on what he likes about the Texans) The facilities are unbelievable. They are far beyond the others teams that Ive visited; the weight room, the locker room, everything, its first class here. That just says a lot about the ownership and it shows the commitment they have here to winning and wanting to take the next step.

(on if hes a right or left tackle) Ive been playing left tackle, but, let me practice a position and Ill play it. Im easy that way. I can play whatever they want me to.

(on other visits) There are still a few teams that I might go visit. Ive been to Tampa and Oakland, the whole coast to coast thing, but I like Houston and I like whats going on here. Well see what happens as far as taking the rest of these visits

(on teams trying to keep free agents and sign them) If they can, they have some little tricks to keep you there, but, that is the way it is. There are little things. Ill just leave it at that.
Old 03-08-2007   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OT Black Visits

Jordan Black seems like he really wants to come to Houston and its a matter of the contract numbers (I really hope this is true). He turned 27 in January, is 6'5" 310 lbs, and has been a 2 year starter in KC. He visited Tampa Bay (who already signed OT Luke Petigout) and Oakland (but doesn't seem too interested). He seems like he would be a solid pickup and hopefully will be a Texan. Hurry up and sign him Smith!!
Old 03-08-2007   #3
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: OT Jordan Black Visits

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Black deal transpires, thanks for the post LORK
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OT Black Visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Jordan Black seems like he really wants to come to Houston and its a matter of the contract numbers (I really hope this is true). He turned 27 in January, is 6'5" 310 lbs, and has been a 2 year starter in KC. He visited Tampa Bay (who already signed OT Luke Petigout) and Oakland (but doesn't seem too interested). He seems like he would be a solid pickup and hopefully will be a Texan. Hurry up and sign him Smith!!
I hope we pick him up. He's learned from one of the best in Willie Roaf. Rt or Lft, who cares grab him boys.
Old 03-08-2007   #5
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure he says the same song and dance about every team. We deffantly need o-line help but I am starting to get a little concerned about replacing Moulds, Walters and a draft pick does not cut it to me. Same as QB, Sage and a draft pick is way to thin.
Old 03-08-2007   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love to see Jordan Black in the steel blue uniform this season.
Old 03-08-2007   #7
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

sounds like a GREAT insurance policy if Spencer isn't ready to go starting day and great back up or RT if we want to move Winston or have him be the swing backup T. If we land this...consider this a good offseason with the possibility of being a great one with another great draft and a few other FA signings.
Old 03-08-2007   #8
profan
Veteran

I was just getting ready to post this. This would be a good pick up. Sounds like he would like to be here, but, it's all about the numbers. If he's going to be here it should happen soon.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

thanks for the post, what kind of numbers has he put up?
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #10
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I've changed my signature to send good Karma out and positive energy.

Jordan's our guy...we'll get him.
Old 03-08-2007   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Young, experienced, and just might be able to cure our woes at the LT position. Get it done Rick.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody know how good he is, and would he be a LT or RT?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #13
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
I'm sure he says the same song and dance about every team. We deffantly need o-line help but I am starting to get a little concerned about replacing Moulds, Walters and a draft pick does not cut it to me. Same as QB, Sage and a draft pick is way to thin.
If we don't have to worry about a starting LT in the draft, then we are opened up to take a studly WR in the second round, or trade down in the first. There are a ton of quality WR's in this draft...someone's going to be around in the second round for us.
Old 03-08-2007   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Says he'll play wherever we need him...he's played every O-Line position except Center, I think.
Old 03-08-2007   #15
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
If you read some of the other players we've interviewed, the 2 players who have sounded most enthused about Houston have been Jordan Black and Danny Clark. Clark signed later in the day when he visited and I expect Black to do the same. Ramsey, Reed, and Zgonina liked their visits, but you can tell in their answers that their mind is elsewhere and their going to continue to look elsewhere (or sign elsewhere like Ramsey did).
Old 03-08-2007   #16
real

Sounds about right...

Going after a guy that can play if need be, yet still allowing Spencer to compete for the spot....
Old 03-08-2007   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
2 year starter at LT for KC, could play RT if need be as well. Seems like a good OL player who would fit the system well and help out where needed.
Old 03-08-2007   #18
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
sounds like a GREAT insurance policy if Spencer isn't ready to go starting day and great back up or RT if we want to move Winston or have him be the swing backup T. If we land this...consider this a good offseason with the possibility of being a great one with another great draft and a few other FA signings.
No, he would be a good LT and Spencer would be moved to guard. This would be a great addition and would allow us to focus on other positions in the draft.
Old 03-08-2007   #19
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
If we don't have to worry about a starting LT in the draft, then we are opened up to take a studly WR in the second round, or trade down in the first. There are a ton of quality WR's in this draft...someone's going to be around in the second round for us.
It just seems rare to find a WR that can start as a rookie, the learning curve apears to be stronger at that position
Old 03-08-2007   #20
SuperMario
Rookie

Should be a solid signing if he signs. How good will he be in the ZBS?
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read