Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Some big Raiders developments

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
okay, just heard some very interesting stuff regarding where the raiders stand right now.

basically, there are three players oakland is targeting with the #1 pick:

- adrian peterson
- brady quinn
- jamarcus russell

don't know who's first or last on the list, so i alphabatized it. randy moss and jerry porter are going nowhere, so calvin johnson is out of the mix--for now.

using my brain and looking at al davis' history, i'd love to say that both QB's are completely out of the question. it's just not that easy though, is it? i still think ultimately they go with peterson, simply because he's a more rare talent than either russell or quinn, and i think the success of 2-back systems in the NFL will inspire davis to adopt a system with peterson and jordan toting the pill to take pressure off of his new QB Troy Smith.

yep, the raiders like Troy Smith--a LOT. he's #3 on their QB board right now, and al seems to have a thing for Heisman winners....hmm. i'm thinking they go Peterson round one, and toss the dice in round 2 and take Smith. his leadership, strong arm and athletic ability are all big draws.

take it for what ya will, naturally. i'm willing to trust this source. for now. because things change every day. in fact, this was told to me in an email i got 3 days ago that i didn't check till now, so who knows, it could all be different now....stay tuned.

R

real

This is the kind of post I like to see out of you...All that other stuff is for the birds...

J/K...

Or am I...:confused:

R

real

But if they take Peterson, That almost assures us that atleast one of the QB's is going to fall to us, if not both...

hopefully Quinn and not Russel

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
But if they take Peterson, That almost assures us that atleast one of the QB's is going to fall to us, if not both...

hopefully Quinn and not Russel
i have no clue. i heard a while ago that the browns really liked russell. but then i talked to some browns fans and they seem to be pretty confident that their team isn't going QB at all in the first round....i dunno. but then again, if the raiders take peterson, and the lions go thomas, what else can they do? alan branch?

atariworld2639

Practice Squad
i have no clue. i heard a while ago that the browns really liked russell. but then i talked to some browns fans and they seem to be pretty confident that their team isn't going QB at all in the first round....i dunno. but then again, if the raiders take peterson, and the lions go thomas, what else can they do? alan branch?
the lions could always go Quinn, they need someone besides McCowen and Kitna back there.

I would really like to see Russel come to us. I know it wont happen because if by some miracle he was passed by Browns the Vikings would pick him up so fast, but if he did come to us, I would love it.

He could also play linebacker 1 game against the titans and sack Young. Thus his smack talk would be something like "Theres a new sheriff in town" or something like that.

again im rambling.

R

real

They can go Calvin Johnson...

But I'm thinking that they go Quinn at this point...

the lions could always go Quinn, they need someone besides McCowen and Kitna back there.

I don't think the Lions go that route...It'd be nice if they did though...It would certainly shake things up...

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
gruden is on the hot seat big time. he'll be fired midseason if things aren't going well. the fans hate him right now.

Navy_Chris

Rookie
haha yea prob, they said that if they dont make it back to the playoffs that Gruden might be looking for a new job.
playoffs? I'd fire Gruden if he doesn't get to 8 wins. He's basically not done much since he's gotten there besides the one SB. Let's see:

He inherited a Dungy-built defense that was already pretty good. His only job there was to not screw it up. Well, he did. They're not like they used to be on D.

The offense has stagnated big time under Gruden. He continues to keep Chris Simms on the roster because of his "toughness"....bad move. He signed him to a 2 year extension worth "starter money", it's now known that he will be a backup to Jeff Garcia. Yeah, Gruden's gone after this season.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
gruden doesn't like simms. he was only kept because he knows the offense. and...there's a possibility he'll be traded.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
The offense has stagnated big time under Gruden. He continues to keep Chris Simms on the roster because of his "toughness"....bad move. He signed him to a 2 year extension worth "starter money", it's now known that he will be a backup to Jeff Garcia. Yeah, Gruden's gone after this season.
WOW...what's funny is take this comment 1 week ago and replace Simms with David Carr.....lol.

Navy_Chris

Rookie
gruden doesn't like simms. he was only kept because he knows the offense. and...there's a possibility he'll be traded.
he sure seems to talk him up a whole lot to the media. have you heard where? Houston's not interested in Simms are they? I hope not.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
gruden talks up everyone. he just lies, and everyone's getting tired of it around here.

simms was originally a target for Dallas. but since signing brad johnson, that's a big no. Oakland makes sense, speaking of the raiders...

Navy_Chris

Rookie
gruden talks up everyone. he just lies, and everyone's getting tired of it around here.

simms was originally a target for Dallas. but since signing brad johnson, that's a big no. Oakland makes sense, speaking of the raiders...
Don't you think it'd make more sense for Oakland to trade down and get a load of later picks?

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
Don't you think it'd make more sense for Oakland to trade down and get a load of later picks?
what do you consider a load of picks and what players would be better than having your choice of AP, CJ, Quinn and Russell. They would not get enouch to trade down to fill the team so it is better to take the player they think will have a huge impact for years to come and still have a high pick next year.

Texian

Hall of Fame
The hot rumor I am hearing is Plummer hasn't retired yet or filed his papers anyway and Oakland is talking to Tampa about getting Plummer as their starter. If that is the case I would say the QBs are out and it is between Johnson and Peterson. If Moss and Porter are staying then it looks like Peterson.

The hot rumor I am hearing is Plummer hasn't retired yet or filed his papers anyway and Oakland is talking to Tampa about getting Plummer as their starter. If that is the case I would say the QBs are out and it is between Johnson and Peterson. If Moss and Porter are staying then it looks like Peterson.

I think Plummer has shown it does not matter if you can trade for him, he only wants to play for Kubiak. No way he plays for Al Davis on Oakland. Plummer with his antics reminds me of the kid who takes his ball and goes home when something does not go his way.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
if ya read the first post, you'd see that to be the case. although i never said johnson was a lock for the raiders.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
yeah, changes everything. never thought i'd say it, but the raiders just may be going QB after all. and ya cant spell QB without BQ.

LORK 88

Wreck'em Ŧech!
yeah, changes everything. never thought i'd say it, but the raiders just may be going QB after all. and ya cant spell QB without BQ.
Never thought it'd happen too. Al Davis isn't going for a faster player for the 1st time in ages . . .

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Davis knows he's getting to the end of the line. My thought origianly when i was banging Russell, I don't think Big Al's ego can resist sitcking it to everyone after he's dead and gone. It fits.