Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-08-2007   #1
Newbsies
Rookie

Default Troy Smith

Where is Smith projected to go in the draft? It seems like he will be a late first to early second day pick, but why? In all honesty, I would rather have him than a guy like Trent Edwards or possibly even Stanton. Is the only knock on Smith that he is short? What's the big deal about being short anyway? It's not like the Big 10 is a bunch of midgets compared to the NFL. Dude has a better arm than a guy like Stanton, and is more mobile than just about any QB out there. Look what the guy did in college, nobody can deny that. Seems to me if he is there on the second day, whoever picks him is getting a steal.
Old 03-08-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Troy Smith

I'd take him over anyone but Quinn. He appears to have fallen to the 3rd round.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbsies View Post
Where is Smith projected to go in the draft? It seems like he will be a late first to early second day pick, but why? In all honesty, I would rather have him than a guy like Trent Edwards or possibly even Stanton. Is the only knock on Smith that he is short? What's the big deal about being short anyway? It's not like the Big 10 is a bunch of midgets compared to the NFL. Dude has a better arm than a guy like Stanton, and is more mobile than just about any QB out there. Look what the guy did in college, nobody can deny that. Seems to me if he is there on the second day, whoever picks him is getting a steal.
He's been projected all over the place...late 1st to 5th round...so I have no idea where he's going to go.

A lot of people say he sucked because he didn't look good in the Championship game against Florida. I don't care what QB we get in the draft....If kubiak likes smith better than the others...so be it.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

heh, just made a thread about smith, basically. check the raiders thread.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
heh, just made a thread about smith, basically. check the raiders thread.
Those would be sweet picks for the raiders....Peterson and Smith.
Old 03-08-2007   #6
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbsies View Post
He is the same height as Drew Brees, I wouldn't mind him on our team.
Old 03-08-2007   #7
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

yeah i don't think smith is a good idea for the texans. i would rather have a guy like Stanton or Kolb who expects not to start but be groomed under Kubes. Smith would probably expect to go right into the game on account of his heisman win. but i don't think he's that great actually.
Old 03-08-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

just got word that Smith scored a 15 on the wonderlic.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Sucks for him...if he scored half that he'd probably win OROY next season..
Old 03-08-2007   #10
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

Quote:
you mean you read it somewhere? jjjjk

anyways, I don't think Troy Smith will be a good NFL QB. I don't think he's very accurate and his height will hurt him.

Seems like a good guy though so hopefully he does well
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read