Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-08-2007   #1
mike230765
Rookie

Default What about trading with the Bills

Since the Browns have signed J.Lewis and the Bills are trying to trade Mcgahee if the Bills do find a trading partner then could we trade or #1 for thier #1 and more picks so they could get Peterson if he is there at #8. The we could still draft Landry, Nelson or Brown?

Just a thought.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #2
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default Re: What about trading with the Bills

i think they just signed chris brown
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
i think they just signed chris brown
they did? well, so much for this idea. lol.
Old 03-08-2007   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike230765 View Post
Since the Browns have signed J.Lewis and the Bills are trying to trade Mcgahee if the Bills do find a trading partner then could we trade or #1 for thier #1 and more picks so they could get Peterson if he is there at #8. The we could still draft Landry, Nelson or Brown?

Just a thought.
It would be a thought, but if Peterson is there at #8 I would still draft him. Ahman Green is a legitimate RB but he's battled injuries his whole career and is 30 years old already, I don't expect him to have more than two good years for us (thankfully the first two years of his deal are supposed to be pretty cheap). If we took Peterson we could have a very talented RB duo for a couple years then when Green has outlived his effectiveness/salary cap number we can move him and Peterson won't have as much wear on him after those first two years. That is of course assuming Peterson is even available at #8. I think it would take quite an offer for us to move down before the draft comes around. If the Texans are seriously looking at Brady Quinn, I don't see them moving down becuase at #8 they have a decent shot at having Adrian Peterson available and have a pretty good shot at having Brady Quinn available, and I don't see them moving down and losing out on the possibility of both of those players without getting a stout deal in return. Once draft day rolls around if those top couple guys they are interested in are gone then I could see them moving down for less of an offer, but I wouldn't count on a draft trade happening any time in the next 7 weeks.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

rumor is willie is gone to the ravens

don't know the details but heard something like 40 million
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Ravens and Bills agreed to a trade Thursday that will send running back Willis McGahee to Baltimore in exchange for the team's third and seventh-round picks in this year's draft, along with the Ravens' third-round pick in 2008.

Jeremy Green's take
Green
The Ravens reacted quickly to the loss of Jamal Lewis to Cleveland by trading for Buffalo's Willis McGahee, a running back with a lot more versatility than Lewis. McGahee can run inside and outside, is a lot quicker to the hole and can make people miss. It's a huge upgrade for the Ravens, because Lewis was basically a three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust runner at this point. He was a sitting duck for tacklers, while McGahee is much more of a moving target.

Hours after the trade was announced Thursday afternoon, ESPN.com learned McGahee will sign a new seven-year contract with Baltimore, the last two seasons of which are options years, that can be worth a total of $40.12 million. In terms of so-called "new money," the contract places McGahee among the NFL's five highest-paid running backs.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read