Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2007   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Thank you

I want to thank Kub and Mr. Smith on making this an interesting off-season so far. I am seeing drama, suspense, excitement, and good thought-out moves. We are not paying through the nose for people, and trimmed a few that we were paying through the nose on. The Plummer situation is a scenario I wouldnít havenít ever dreamed up (We wanted him; Broncos didnít want us to without a pick, trade to TB, so he retires, etc). Come-on... This is better then a movie sometimes on the positioning teams do and the strategies they have been invoking. I thought it was going to be boring for the off-season. Boy was I wrong.
Old 03-07-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you

i've got popcorn reading all the stuff thats goin on from day to day... feels like i'm watching my stories lol
Old 03-08-2007   #3
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes indeed, very interesting off-season. I just hope we come out ahead of whatever we decided to do on FA and Draft. Right now, this off-season situation sure beats heck out of any of TV soap opera show IMO! Just like Andrew said, I'll get my popcorn ready as well.

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 03-08-2007 at 06:44 AM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree, that whole Plummer situation has confused me
Old 03-08-2007   #5
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

I believe that as the drama plays it'self out that Plummer will be a Texan by 28 April and yes I agree this is off season is better then any mini-drama on network TV.
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #6
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

The beauty if this off season thus far is..... they haven't made the Todd Wade moves we were so used to in years past. GREAT SIGN for the future.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #7
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its been real boring we havent done anything, IMHO!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2007   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I think its been real boring we havent done anything, IMHO!
Thats the price we pay this year in hopes of being very active next year with more cap room.
Old 03-08-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been VERY happy with the non-moves so far. I THINK what we're seeing is the result of actually having a PLAN going into the offseason. IMHO, we're being very shrewd in FA and planning on building through good drafts(the way it SHOULD be done). I don't see us doing anything crazy in either one of them. I also don't see us making any major reaches along the lines of Babin or Travis Johnson. This is the 1st offseason since 2002 that I really feel like the FO has it's act together and is going to have the kind of offseason that a winning team can be built on. I'm impressed so far and juiced for the draft!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I've been VERY happy with the non-moves so far. I THINK what we're seeing is the result of actually having a PLAN going into the offseason. IMHO, we're being very shrewd in FA and planning on building through good drafts(the way it SHOULD be done). I don't see us doing anything crazy in either one of them. I also don't see us making any major reaches along the lines of Babin or Travis Johnson. This is the 1st offseason since 2002 that I really feel like the FO has it's act together and is going to have the kind of offseason that a winning team can be built on. I'm impressed so far and juiced for the draft!
Exactly.... this regime has an accurate VALUE placed on players, and simply refuses to overpay for them. Its healthy, and what we needed.
Old 03-08-2007   #11
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosh Tailgate. Please don't compare Rick and charlie. It's an insult to Rick!
Old 03-08-2007   #12
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Gosh Tailgate. Please don't compare Rick and charlie. It's an insult to Rick!
I did?
Old 03-08-2007   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

I just thoght that mentioning Todd Wade moves was an insult. I think Rick is much wiser than that. There may be a little wrong move here and there in the future but Todd Wade moves? No. Seems to me his got a real good head no his shoulder. We got a real GM now. What we had before is GM but that GM stands for Great Moron.
Old 03-08-2007   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
I just thoght that mentioning Todd Wade moves was an insult. I think Rick is much wiser than that. There may be a little wrong move here and there in the future but Todd Wade moves? No. Seems to me his got a real good head no his shoulder. We got a real GM now. What we had before is GM but that GM stands for Great Moron.
Absolutely. I was implying everything you said in my post. Todd Wade moves.. meaning the Charley Cass type moves.... is below Rick Smith.
Old 03-08-2007   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

I know Tailgate. I was just trying say for fun of it about Charlie. Because, it is obvious that Charlie does not belongs to a same league Rick is in.
Anyway, I'm really excited to have Rick as TEXANS' GM.
Old 03-08-2007   #16
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
I know Tailgate. I was just trying say for fun of it about Charlie. Because, it is obvious that Charlie does not belongs to a same league Rick is in.
Anyway, I'm really excited to have Rick as TEXANS' GM.
Ummm.... yeah. I am a little slow this morning apparently. Hump day happy hour will get you every time.
Old 03-08-2007   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Ummm.... yeah. I am a little slow this morning apparently. Hump day happy hour will get you every time.
Ha Ha me too Tailgate me too. You know, I'd just have feeling that Gary & Rick are cooking something special for us fans and city of Houston in near future!!
Old 03-08-2007   #18
slamdunc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardTexanFan View Post
I believe that as the drama plays it'self out that Plummer will be a Texan by 28 April and yes I agree this is off season is better then any mini-drama on network TV.
If anything happens it will probabaly be on draft day. Don't see much happening with Tampa and their 134 QB's till then. Just my thoughts on it.
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read