Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Which one?
LaRon Landry S 33 66.00%
Levi Brown OT 5 10.00%
Brady Quinn QB 12 24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007   #1
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77
Default Who should we draft?

Of these 3 players, who do you think would be the best choice at #8?
Old 03-07-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who should we draft?

Give me Landry...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

now I would like to say why I would choose LaRon Landry. Levi would be a stretch at #8 and by taking Brady we would be building another Carr to get killed behind our autrocious line. I would like to take either Drew Stanton or Kevin Kolb in the 3rd and mold him while Patrick Ramsey or Sage Rosenfels starts next season. Our defense is pretty young and we obviously have a great LB in DeMeco Ryans and by signing Danny Clark we have some depth at the position. Kailee Wong is alright but not great. Landry is the best choice because he is obviously the best Safety in the draft and he would be a great pick to add to our defense. Focusing on defensive players this year, especially in later rounds, would help us build a very good defense. After all, defense wins championships.
Old 03-07-2007   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go Landry. I think out of the three he is the one that you can count on and who will improve your team from the start. I am not sold on Quinn and am afraid he will be serviceable but never good enough. I think you can get really solid value at QB in the 3rd. Levi has made me waiver. I think he will end up being soft. JMO.
Old 03-07-2007   #5
htownfoozball
Veteran

out of those, landry. if peterson was still there...peterson
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #6
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
out of those, landry. if peterson was still there...peterson
Yep!
Old 03-07-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

When your bucket has been leaking for five years, ya plaug it. It's that simple. Best case scenario...he works on the kinks with the lapsis and he's our OLT in this system. Worst case scenario after two years, you re-work the contract and you've got your right tackle for ten years at a bargin price. And I ain't the only one who thinks the pick makes sense.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10037862
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10038014
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10040690

Quote:
8. Houston: Levi Brown, T, Penn State -- There are numerous holes on the Texans and they have cap issues. Quarterback David Carr is on the market and the Texans realize they must continue to fortify the offensive line. Levi Brown is an unpolished, mean, athletic tackle who will be a cornerstone on the offensive line.
Quote:
8. Houston: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
The Texans know they need better quarterbacking than they've gotten from David Carr, and if Quinn is still on the board, they will have a hard time passing on him. One way they can help Carr, or any quarterback, is by upgrading their pass protection, which Brown should help them do.
Old 03-07-2007   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Give me Landry, but if we take Brown I won't hate it. If we take Quinn, I might be getting thrown out of a draft party for throwing beer at the TV screens in disgust.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Give me Landry, but if we take Brown I won't hate it. If we take Quinn, I might be getting thrown out of a draft party for throwing beer at the TV screens in disgust.
Quinn, hands down. I will be happy with Landry, also. Any chance we can draft Quinn and then trade our 7th round pick for Landry? Just asking. lol.
Old 03-07-2007   #10
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Quinn, hands down. I will be happy with Landry, also. Any chance we can draft Quinn and then trade our 7th round pick for Landry? Just asking. lol.
To me drafting Quinn is like setting the franchise back another 3 years. I don't think that Carr is the answer but with another good draft this year (meaning that rounds 1 thru 4 are able to contribute on the field this year) we could be real competative this next year.
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
To me drafting Quinn is like setting the franchise back another 3 years. I don't think that Carr is the answer but with another good draft this year (meaning that rounds 1 thru 4 are able to contribute on the field this year) we could be real competative this next year.
I don't think Sage starting this year with Quinn waiting in the wings is bad. We've gotta find our 'Tom Brady'. Quinn's it. I agree with you about the good team next year though. I don't think 10-6 is out of the question next season. We were a few plays away from going 9-7. (Jameel Cook, Thomas Johnson)
Old 03-07-2007   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
I don't think Sage starting this year with Quinn waiting in the wings is bad. We've gotta find our 'Tom Brady'. Quinn's it. I agree with you about the good team next year though. I don't think 10-6 is out of the question next season. We were a few plays away from going 9-7. (Jameel Cook, Thomas Johnson)
Something about Quinn says D. Carr not Tom Brady. If we have to take a QB in this draft to sit behind Sage, I would look at Staton in the 2nd.
Old 03-07-2007   #13
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Landry, no doubt!
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Something about Quinn says D. Carr not Tom Brady. If we have to take a QB in this draft to sit behind Sage, I would look at Staton in the 2nd.
Drew Stanton isn't all the media is making him out to be. I have placed the buyer beware tag on Drew Stanton.
Old 03-07-2007   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

without a doubt landry.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
Drew Stanton isn't all the media is making him out to be. I have placed the buyer beware tag on Drew Stanton.
You could say the same about Quinn. Notre Dame is the media daring. Quinn looks good against the weaker talented teams but when he faces teams with NFL speed in the secondary, his numbers take a nose dive.
Old 03-07-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
You could say the same about Quinn. Notre Dame is the media daring. Quinn looks good against the weaker talented teams but when he faces teams with NFL speed in the secondary, his numbers take a nose dive.
You have to look at the team he was on. His receivers were slow, lackluster offensive line....etc etc. Can't blame the USC, Michigan losses all on him.
Old 03-07-2007   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
You have to look at the team he was on. His receivers were slow, lackluster offensive line....etc etc. Can't blame the USC, Michigan losses all on him.
And then this next year, teams double AJ and then the rest of our team fits what you said about ND above. He couldn't be the difference maker.
Old 03-07-2007   #19
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
And then this next year, teams double AJ and then the rest of our team fits what you said about ND above. He couldn't be the difference maker.
not THIS year. If we can improv our line sometime between now and the start of the 08 season and pick up a guy like David Ball in this draft, I think we're on our way with BQ at the helm in 08.
Old 03-07-2007   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Quote:
not THIS year. If we can improv our line sometime between now and the start of the 08 season and pick up a guy like David Ball in this draft, I think we're on our way with BQ at the helm in 08.
I love the way David Ball plays, but I wouldn't call him a speed demon. And we will be sitting pretty with BQ at the helm (of some other team, not ours )

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read