Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Broncos sign Ramsey

I hope he got alot more money than the Texans were willing to give him. He has no sniff at playing unless Cutler goes down.

Wow...so that leaves Harrington and Green?

Does this mean that Carr is more likely to still be on the team battling Sage?

I thought he wanted to compete for a starting job. He has no chance of starting for the Broncos.

No to Green. He'd get killed here...

so what.

If he signed that would be enough. That's an automatic change in starting QBs without the kangaroo court of an open competition. Then if he gets hurt, we can limp the rest of the way with Rosenfels.

2008 hot topic - how to advance in the playoffs and who will we most likely face?

he had no chance of starting here either... that's just me saying it though.

Maybe, but at least he'd be competing with Sage and (probably) a rookie. With the Broncos, Jay Cutler is the undisputed starter - no training camp competition whatsoever at the QB position.

so what.

If he signed that would be enough. That's an automatic change in starting QBs without the kangaroo court of an open competition. Then if he gets hurt, we can limp the rest of the way with Rosenfels.

2008 hot topic - how to advance in the playoffs and who will we most likely face?

Well, putting it like that....:hmmm:
Houston does have some of the best hospitals in the world....

Maybe, but at least he'd be competing with Sage and (probably) a rookie. With the Broncos, Jay Cutler is the undisputed starter - no training camp competition whatsoever at the QB position.

when I look at it from his viewpoint:
Denver is one injury away from starting and then starting in the playoffs
Houston is two and then playing for .500.

Without adding in whether or not competition would actually be open or what he really thought he could do.

Broncos | Team signs Ramsey
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:21:24 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) to a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.

oh well, another miserable year with Carr at QB. I have suffered through five of them, I guess one more won't kill me

*takes huge swig of whiskey*

Yall guys are forgeting about Tampa's bazillion QBs on their Roster, I don't think they are going to carry all those QBs, there are still back ups that are going to be available.

oh well, another miserable year with Carr at QB. I have suffered through five of them, I guess one more won't kill me

*takes huge swig of whiskey*

The FO is going to do something about Carr - or they'll need to get ready for a bunch of empty seats and tons of season tickets available...

Yall guy are forgeting about Tampa bazillion QBs on their Roster, I don't they carry all those QBs, there are still back ups that are going to be available.

I agree with you carr bomb, and my thank you was not an endorsement of Carr. We are trying to better the position. I dont see Ramsey filling that need.

yeah too bad ya didn't get patrick ramsey or jake plummer. man you would've REALLY enjoyed next year.

We weren't looking for a starter with Ramsey, why the hell did everybody on this board think that. They are trying to add depth at the position, so if they move Carr they're not held captive in the draft. Ramsey would of been very good depth, which is the reason why Dever went after him.

Regardless its starting to look like a 2nd round QB is coming here

I think the NBC Nobody But Carr mindset is as bad as the ABC Anybody But Carr mindset. A lot of us just want a change and we have changed everything but Carr. It's just time to try something different. Why is that so damn taboo? The pick was from 5 years ago. It was already wasted.

I think the NBC Nobody But Carr mindset is as bad as the ABC Anybody But Carr mindset. A lot of us just want a change and we have changed everything but Carr. It's just time to try something different. Why is that so damn taboo? The pick was from 5 years ago. It was already wasted.

More sad is you ASSume that because someone says that they are automatically pro Carr.

Honestly if preference comesdown...I'd rather start Carr then Rosenfels barely. While i'm not going to put any apologetic spin on Carr's performance and you can chalk it up to excuses(which i think is insane to ask anyone to succeed under the conditions he's been put through). If you seriously think that all of this franchises problems lay on his shoulders alone and not having him start is going to turn around the luck of the franchise....I can't help you.

If you believe Carr being moved is a start then i can deal with that. I agree i think it is time to part ways but to be so hostile about it. I'm just thinking ok hmmm i want better then Ramsey and Ronsefels battling it out. Both are journeymen at this point and i see NOTHING in either that suggest even close that we have the next Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, or hell Jake Delhomme even. More Like Commander Cody.

JMO, but I don't think the Texans really went after Ramsey all that hard. I will really be suprised if we don't wind up with Plummer/Sage/draft pick. This to me is an upgrade over Carr/Sage/draft pick and most certainly over Sage/Ramsey/draft pick. The Texans are gambling a little bit here but I truely believe they are shooting for Plummer via a draft pick for Carr with another team or players from our own. But again, thats JMO.

JMO, but I don't think the Texans really went after Ramsey all that hard. I will really be suprised if we don't wind up with Plummer/Sage/draft pick. This to me is an upgrade over Carr/Sage/draft pick and most certainly over Sage/Ramsey/draft pick. The Texans are gambling a little bit here but I truely believe they are shooting for Plummer via a draft pick for Carr with another team or players from our own. But again, thats JMO.

two years, $5mill, $1.5 guaranteed.... we paid Sage more, knowing he was going to be on the bench all year. If we couldn't beat that deal, then no, we didn't even try to sign Ramsey, it was just a show.

Thank god. I was terrified he was going to end up here.................

Well, time to pay the broncos board a visit so i can get a couple of laughs in!

Back