Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2007   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default So the Ramsey deal was to pressure the Broncos?

I'm trying to follow this without a program. If Plummer does indeed want to come to Houston, and Houston wants him, but doesn't want to give up a 3rd round choice, did Houston bring Ramsey (who the Broncos apparently want as backup to Cutler) as a threat to the Broncos for holding Plummer for the 3rd round pick ransom?

Or am I way off, again?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So the Ramsey deal was to pressure the Broncos?

Doesn't Tampa Bay already own the rights to Plummer?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're just honestly looking for Sage's backup...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I think we're just honestly looking for Sage's backup...
your picture looks like he's saying..."Where's MY diet pepsi!?"
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #5
BGRICK
Rookie

don't think it matters now the Broncos signed him already
BGRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Doesn't Tampa Bay already own the rights to Plummer?
Tampa will find a way to spin him off to Houston. Don't kid yourself, Kubiak WANTS Plummer, IMO. It's just a matter of...How badly do we want Brady Quinn? DO we want Brady Quinn? I think the answer is Yes, we do want Quinn. So, how much will we be willing to give up to get Jake?
Old 03-07-2007   #7
Buckle
Veteran

Broncos | Team signs Ramsey
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:21:24 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) to a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2007   #8
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
So, how much will we be willing to give up to get Jake?
Probably whatever we get for David.
Old 03-07-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos have signed unrestricted free-agent QB Patrick Ramsey (Jets) to a two-year contract worth approximately $5 million, with about $1.5 million in guarantees.
That's about what Sage got last year. Well, Sage got 4 yrs/$10M, but it averages out to about the same per year. So, does this mean we're DEFINITELY considering Brady Quinn? If so, are we moving up to get him?
Old 03-07-2007   #10
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post

Quite an interesting deal. Let's see how we respond.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I'm getting a similar feeling about all of this.
Old 03-07-2007   #12
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
Well, I am glad to see Ramsey signed somewhere else. He is a good kid and will likely do well in Denver behind Cutler. Hopefully Plummer will either stay in Tampa Bay or retire.

Credible free agent alternatives to Carr and Sage are dwindling pretty fast, and hopefully someone will take Quinn before the Texans have a chance, leaving the Texans to focus on defense, o-line, and backs.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Well, I am glad to see Ramsey signed somewhere else. He is a good kid and will likely do well in Denver behind Cutler. Hopefully Plummer will either stay in Tampa Bay or retire.

Credible free agent alternatives to Carr and Sage are dwindling pretty fast, and hopefully someone will take Quinn before the Texans have a chance, leaving the Texans to focus on defense, o-line, and backs.
Is'nt that like begging .... for circumstances to break your way so the people trying to fire you will be stuck with you .

This is not the fire we're looking for .
Old 03-07-2007   #14
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:

If they have the mindset to remove Carr.. he will be gone... oh yes... he will be gone.
Old 03-07-2007   #15
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
If they have the mindset to remove Carr.. he will be gone... oh yes... he will be gone.
You are probably right, but the fact that Sage is pretty fragile, Carr is tough, and there are very few credible free agents left fortunately makes the decision much more difficult. While the Texans might consider starting Sage, they won't go that route without a credible and durable backup, (and Bradlee and Quincy don't fit the bill). In other words, if you eliminate Carr from the picture right now, the only true pro QB the Texans have now is Sage. THAT is why Carr is still here.

Since the semi-decent free agents are dwindling, it makes it a tougher decision to let Carr go before the draft. If Plummer finds his way over here then, yes, Carr is definitely gone. If not, Carr will be here on draft day until they acquire a QB. And in order to assure getting Quinn, someone is going to force them to trade up.

QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #16
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You are probably right, but the fact that Sage is pretty fragile, Carr is tough, and there are very few credible free agents left fortunately makes the decision much more difficult. While the Texans might consider starting Sage, they won't go that route without a credible and durable backup, (and Bradlee and Quincy don't fit the bill). In other words, if you eliminate Carr from the picture right now, the only true pro QB the Texans have now is Sage. THAT is why Carr is still here.

Since the semi-decent free agents are dwindling, it makes it a tougher decision to let Carr go before the draft. If Plummer finds his way over here then, yes, Carr is definitely gone. If not, Carr will be here on draft day until they acquire a QB. And in order to assure getting Quinn, someone is going to force them to trade up.

Actually.. If Carr can make it past day two via the draft, I think he will have a real shot at starting for us. But that is a long ways away.
Old 03-07-2007   #17
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

personally i don't see how can be here in training camp...with players throwing him under the bus i just don't see how management could do that to him...i mean it would take a huge let's all come together moment in the locker-room which just won't happen

what we'll probably see now is another guy come in for an interview...a guy who has played for awhile and has been a back-up for awhile with relatively little playing time...a guy like anthony wright, or marques tuiasosopo...maybe john navarre since arizona didn't tender him an offer they don't get any draft compensation for losing him

these guys do have some mobility and some very limited playing time...all have started a few games here and there...but none have had success starting with the exception going to anthony wright...haha...who knows maybe aaron brooks is on his way down for a visit
Old 03-07-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
personally i don't see how can be here in training camp...with players throwing him under the bus i just don't see how management could do that to him...i mean it would take a huge let's all come together moment in the locker-room which just won't happen

what we'll probably see now is another guy come in for an interview...a guy who has played for awhile and has been a back-up for awhile with relatively little playing time...a guy like anthony wright, or marques tuiasosopo...maybe john navarre since arizona didn't tender him an offer they don't get any draft compensation for losing him

these guys do have some mobility and some very limited playing time...all have started a few games here and there...but none have had success starting with the exception going to anthony wright...haha...who knows maybe aaron brooks is on his way down for a visit
man i sure hope you are wrong about those prospects. navarre is somewhat easier to stomach but only as a backup. if brooks comes down here and signs the whole Texans FO needs to take a random urinalysis.
Old 03-07-2007   #19
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:

Hang on, aren't you the guy who claims to be Carr's brother and who was telling us a day or two ago how we would all rot in he11 for treating Carr so bad?

Pee Wee Herman is a credible free agent alternative to David Carr, IMHO.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Hulk75 is David's brother.

I have theorized that QB75 is also a relative of DC's...but I cannot prove it yet.

Having "75" in their screen names lends itself to such a theory. But I digress...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read