Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-07-2007   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default William Henderson could be on his way to Houston!

Packers | Henderson released
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:52:25 -0800:

The Green Bay Packers have released FB William Henderson.
Old 03-07-2007   #2
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: William Henderson could be on his way to Houston!

When does Favre get here??
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Capster67
Veteran

You're right. We should absolutely stop getting anyone who has ever been associated with the Broncos and Packers. Who cares that the franchises and their players have won 3 of the past 10 Super Bowls. Instead, we should be focusing all our attention of players from franchises like Cleveland, Arizona, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. That's where all the talent has been locked up for the past 10 years.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capster67 View Post
You're right. We should absolutely stop getting anyone who has ever been associated with the Broncos and Packers. Who cares that the franchises and their players have won 3 of the past 10 Super Bowls. Instead, we should be focusing all our attention of players from franchises like Cleveland, Arizona, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay. That's where all the talent has been locked up for the past 10 years.
Where are all the 'big name' signings? Why do Houston sports teams traditionally go after guys that 'might' be able to resurrect their careers or guys that are over the hill? William Henderson is another one of those guys, in my opinion. Sure, he USED to be good, but does that really matter? It's all about "what have you done for me lately?"...and I'm not seeing much out of this year's FA class so far.
Old 03-07-2007   #5
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

<sigh> I'd welcome Favre!
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 124145 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Where are all the 'big name' signings? Why do Houston sports teams traditionally go after guys that 'might' be able to resurrect their careers or guys that are over the hill? William Henderson is another one of those guys, in my opinion. Sure, he USED to be good, but does that really matter? It's all about "what have you done for me lately?"...and I'm not seeing much out of this year's FA class so far.
As taken from Packers.com
Quote:
Running on roads paved by Henderson and an effective offensive line, Green Bay backs have recorded 1,000-yard seasons in six of the last seven years, and seven of the last nine
----
Played in all 16 games for the ninth time in his 11 NFL seasons, making eight starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 57823 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be looked at as insurance. Vonta hasn't signed yet.

Just my

Old 03-07-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
As taken from Packers.com
Point taken. I just don't really know exactly WHAT the plan is for Rick Smith. Maybe it'll become clearer in the coming months.
Old 03-07-2007   #9
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capster67 View Post
Are you saying all the players we have picked up from the Packers and Broncos have played in those 3 Super Bowls? I don't think so. How many players that played in those Super Bowls are still on those teams? Probably a few, if any.

Besides, even if they did, those Super Bowls were played 7 to 10 years ago.

I think your point is a ridiculous.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #10
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

This reminds me of when Jeff Van Gundy tried to turn the Rockets into the Knicks-Southwest by bringing over Charlie Ward, Mark Jackson, Clarence Weatherspoon, and even Patrick Ewing as a coach.
Old 03-07-2007   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what is wrong with coaches bringing people that they are familiar with.

They know what they can and can't do and probably have as good idea as anyone what they have left in the tank.

What interests me more is how good is this guys blocking?? Isn't that what is important rather than where he comes from.

I still expect us to keep Leach so if we sign Henderson we would cut Cook which can't be a bad thing.
Old 03-07-2007   #12
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Why do Houston sports teams traditionally go after guys that 'might' be able to resurrect their careers or guys that are over the hill?
We want to be the new Raiders?

Let's just sit back and watch. It could work out in the long run.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
We want to be the new Raiders?

Let's just sit back and watch. It could work out in the long run.
That's just it. you said COULD. I'm tired of dealing with 'it's possible' and 'it could work out'. Let's get a sure thing in here.
Old 03-07-2007   #14
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Let's get a sure thing in here.
Who's that?

I was trying to say that I'm willing to give Kubs and Smith a little time to fix the "Cass years".

But things need to turn around pretty fast. We don't need the SB, but positive results. 8-8 or better at least.

I'm amazed at how many Raider fans on Sirius say they like and would like to have Carr. Well, lets make a deal.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #15
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
Who's that?

I was trying to say that I'm willing to give Kubs and Smith a little time to fix the "Cass years".

But things need to turn around pretty fast. We don't need the SB, but positive results. 8-8 or better at least.

I'm amazed at how many Raider fans on Sirius say they like and would like to have Carr. Well, lets make a deal.
I don't think anything to do with Carr is going to happen until Draft Day.

Sure things...I'd love either Brady Quinn or Amobi Okoye in here on April 28. Maybe they're not surefire hits, but Okoye's certainly better than any DT we have...definitely better than Jeff Zgonina. Didn't he just celebrate his 64th birthday?
Old 03-07-2007   #16
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

I think this would be an excellent signing. He is 10 times better than Leach. Plus Henderson and Green have worked together in Green Bay for like 6 years, they know each other pretty real and won't miss a beat once the season starts here in Houston. He has experience, and is an actual threat in the passing game, somethings that Leach does not have. He would be the best FB in this division and could be the missing peice to this running game. Plus, FB play forever. They never get old. He should be our #1 prioity to sign right now.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I saw this on ESPN news. Buddy of mine was over at my house and I guaranteed that he'll be here a week from now.

I'd take the signing in a heartbeat, granted with the release of Cook.

We'll see how it turns out.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #18
potisyourfriend
All Pro

Rep Power: 1624 potisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respectedpotisyourfriend is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post

Just an FYI but it's the Texans.. I don't think stud FA's will look at the Texans like they would the Pats, Indy, Denver.. We have to be good before we can think about getting good FA's for a decent amount of change..
My lame Z build
My lame youtube channel
potisyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #19
texan1976
waterboy

Default William Henderson

Now that the Packers cut William Henderson...who thinks the Texans will go after him. May not be a bad backup at FB at the very worst.
texan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #20
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: William Henderson

If they plan on keeping 2 FB's then maybe they sign him. Leach is still their #1 FB and will be resigned. He's just too good to let go. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read