Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-07-2007   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jags Owner Wants More $ From NFL Owners

Seems the Jags ownership is concerned with not having enough .to stay competitive...

"Prescott said he doesn't expect a consensus on revenue sharing among the league's owners. But he's hoping NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will step in with a plan that the owners will accept at the upcoming meetings.

"It's time that we get this behind us. It's a distraction," Prescott said. "Is it going to be what we want? Is it going to be perfect? I don't anticipate it."

Besides the naming rights and revenue sharing issues, Prescott said the Jaguars' other concern right now is ticket sales.

"In particular, it's the club seats," he said."

Isn't he one of the guys .who stuck it to McNair for over 750 mil. to join the fraternity, but was going to let LA in much cheaper. Allegedly.

Houston builds a state of the art stadium. And sells it out every week.

Jacksonville remodels the Gator bowl or whatever that statium used to be named. Then covers up seats with tarpaulins to help sell out games.

Think he should share in the Texans revenue?

Personally..I think he chose to play there, so play there and quit crying for more help.

Is he setting the groundwork for relocation, maybe to LA?

Link to the article

= hardazz I suppose.
Old 03-07-2007   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jags Owner Wants More $ From NFL Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post

Besides the naming rights and revenue sharing issues, Prescott said the Jaguars' other concern right now is ticket sales.

"In particular, it's the club seats," he said."[/i]

Stop sucking.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless the population of Jacksonville grows dramatically, that team will eventually be relocated. They don't have the history of the other small market teams, they come from a state that has two other NFL teams, and it seems every year we hear about "ticket sales". Imagine if they had a run like we've had over the past 5 years. That team is fragile and if they go into a slump the relocation winds are going to be blowin.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate whiners. Did he or did he not choose to have his team in Jacksonville? Risks go with every investment...location..location...location. It's been one of the worst markets for football ever...i think.

If he can't take it...move the team else where or sell it.

He's just pissed off that his Jags are the red headed step children of the Texans.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298506 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw the Jags and their owner. Seriously, beyond being division rivals - which is enough to wish bad on them - they chose to be in Jacksonville.

The three most important rules of starting a business: location, location, location. Move the team if the market doesn't support it, but don't come begging the rest of us to make up for your losing business venture!
Old 03-08-2007   #6
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Jacksonville is centered around college football heaven. I'm sure so many people are too hungover or tired to go to Sunday's games.

Relocation may be a possibility.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Wayne is screaming for more funding again for his small market team?

Why am I not surprised. Maybe because it ain't the first time?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Jacksonville Jagtards in debt.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin..._8486869.shtml

Quote:
The Jacksonville Jaguars, facing the financial squeeze of being a small-market team coping with rising player costs, have hired a New York investment-banking firm to find ways to restructure or reduce their $110 million debt, the Times-Union has learned. One of the options being pursued by Galatioto Sports Partners is to find limited partners willing to invest in the team so the money could be used to pay down the debt.
Another option is to restructure the bonds to reduce the interest payments. Bill Prescott, the team's senior vice president and chief financial officer, said the current rate is "north of 7 percent.''
The Jaguars, who lost money last year, need to reduce debt in order to become profitable and to field a competitive team.
Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver stressed that one option not being considered is selling the team.
"Just listen to me carefully,'' Weaver said. "I am not selling the team. If and when I'm going to sell, I promise the city will know it first.''
Weaver said Sal Galatioto, the president of Galatioto Sports Partners, found a potential buyer for the majority interest of the team, but the Jaguars owner rejected the offer.
"I said no. I'm not selling,'' Weaver said.

"We need higher-paying jobs [in Jacksonville], and we need to get divisional headquarters. That's important for the growth of Jacksonville and important for our growth because that's the demographic that is going to buy our club seats,'' Prescott said.
I say move 'em to LA.
Old 03-09-2007   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Jagtards in debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
No! We own them in jacksonville. Houston teams always get eaten alive in California for some weird reason. Lets hope they stay in Jax and have to cut talent to stay way under the cap in order to make a return on the investment
Old 03-09-2007   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Seems the Jags ownership is concerned with not having enough .to stay competitive...

"Prescott said he doesn't expect a consensus on revenue sharing among the league's owners. But he's hoping NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will step in with a plan that the owners will accept at the upcoming meetings.

"It's time that we get this behind us. It's a distraction," Prescott said. "Is it going to be what we want? Is it going to be perfect? I don't anticipate it."

"In particular, it's the club seats," he said."

Isn't he one of the guys .who stuck it to McNair for over 750 mil. to join the fraternity, but was going to let LA in much cheaper. Allegedly.

Houston builds a state of the art stadium. And sells it out every week.

Jacksonville remodels the Gator bowl or whatever that statium used to be named. Then covers up seats with tarpaulins to help sell out games.

Think he should share in the Texans revenue?

Personally..I think he chose to play there, so play there and quit crying for more help.

Is he setting the groundwork for relocation, maybe to LA?

Link to the article

= hardazz I suppose.
yeah, I think he is setting the table to go to Los Angeles. Bottom line is that Jacksonville does not deserve a team in the NFL. To not even be able to support a NFL team that plays 10 games and with them being a 'one team town' just doesnt bode well for the future of NFL in Jacksonville.
Old 03-09-2007   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

if JVille is moved to LA, then there could be a realignment. Due to the fact that the Rams moved to STL from LA, they lose all veto power on realignment.

Move JVille/LA to NFC West
Move STL to AFC South

I also think a possibly smart move would be to simply put JVille/LA into AFC West and then drop the Chiefs into the AFC South...but the Chiefs have a veto power on that prospective move. Hunt didnt want to leave his rivalries in the AFC West back in '01 so something tells me his offspring wont either.

I would just really love to transfer that great Cardinal/Astros rivalry into a Texans/Rams rivalry
Old 03-09-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
if JVille is moved to LA, then there could be a realignment. Due to the fact that the Rams moved to STL from LA, they lose all veto power on realignment.

Move JVille/LA to NFC West
Move STL to AFC South

I also think a possibly smart move would be to simply put JVille/LA into AFC West and then drop the Chiefs into the AFC South...but the Chiefs have a veto power on that prospective move. Hunt didnt want to leave his rivalries in the AFC West back in '01 so something tells me his offspring wont either.

I would just really love to transfer that great Cardinal/Astros rivalry into a Texans/Rams rivalry
If Jacksonville moves to LA, I hope they can realign the conferences so the Cowboys and Texans are in the same division.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #13
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a bunch of crap. The Jags need to be sold and relocated immediatly. If not L.A., S.A. is the next leading candidate for a team. If those Cali's don't get their act together, we could be seeing 3 Texas teams!

BTW, I really don't want to hear any weak ass Alamodome comments......Mayor Hardberger already made it a point that a new stadium would be built. But.......SA might make NFL history by denying the relocation of the Jags here....they're already OWNED!
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #14
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Screw the Jags and their owner. Seriously, beyond being division rivals - which is enough to wish bad on them - they chose to be in Jacksonville.

The three most important rules of starting a business: location, location, location. Move the team if the market doesn't support it, but don't come begging the rest of us to make up for your losing business venture!
And to think at the time the other option was to give the new franchise to a St Louis bid backed by Walter Payton and not Jacksonville. I know there were issues with the consortium but hey they should have give it to Walter.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #15
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as Jerry Jones has say so in the realignment committee, the pokes will always be in the NFC East, the rivalry with the other teams there means big money to him.

San Antonio has a snow ball's hells chance to get a team, they are not going to move a small market team to another small market city. They can watch all the cowpoke games to their hearts content.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
What a bunch of crap. The Jags need to be sold and relocated immediatly. If not L.A., S.A. is the next leading candidate for a team. If those Cali's don't get their act together, we could be seeing 3 Texas teams!

BTW, I really don't want to hear any weak ass Alamodome comments......Mayor Hardberger already made it a point that a new stadium would be built. But.......SA might make NFL history by denying the relocation of the Jags here....they're already OWNED!
Good luck with getting a team in S.A. Though San Antonio is a few hundred thousand larger than J'Ville, the disposable income there is not right to support a team. I made one long post about this somewhere, I have to go and find it.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #17
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker View Post
As long as Jerry Jones has say so in the realignment committee, the pokes will always be in the NFC East, the rivalry with the other teams there means big money to him.

San Antonio has a snow ball's hells chance to get a team, they are not going to move a small market team to another small market city. They can watch all the cowpoke games to their hearts content.
True, the NFL is hellbent on getting some sort of football franchise in LALA land, this would be their perfect opportunity.
I think SA would be a great town for another franchise, but LA will have to have another team land and bomb first before seeing a 3rd team in Texas.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #18
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

don't see what the fascination for LA is, they had 2 teams and they both ran a mile.
Also got me thinking which other cities could support an NFL team. San Antonio? Portland, Oregon maybe, - where else is big enough?

I cant see the NFL having a franchise outside the US, there have been rumours about the Bills going to Toronto.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Los Angeles is in much better shape now than before. The other teams moved because of stadium issues, not that the city couldn't support them...like the Oilers.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007   #20
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Los Angeles is in much better shape now than before. The other teams moved because of stadium issues, not that the city couldn't support them...like the Oilers.
The Oilers moved because of stadium issues. I hope that is what you are refering to with your little"...like the Oilers" statement.

Anyway. I feel sorry for the fans. Having lost an NFL team, I know how they would feel if they lost theirs and I don't wish that on anyone.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read