Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-07-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reggie Nelson's Ridiculous Pro Day

TFY initially reported that Nelson ran a 4.22 40 time at his Gator pro day....

"The moment that Reggie Nelson crossed the finish line and the pro scouts checked the number on their stopwatches, they started looking at each other and shaking their heads. The lowest number read 4.22. The highest read just a shade under 4.3. Nobody was the least bit surprised thirty minutes later when Nelson declined to run again. That sub-4.3 40 was all the statement he needed to make."

being just a tad bit skeptical, i decided to check NFL.com. here we go:

"Nelson ran the 40 once in a time of 4.35 seconds. He had a 35-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-6 long jump, ran 4.15 in the short shuttle and 6.70 in the three-cone drill. Nelson looked very good in the drills and may well have improved his stock. "

still, we're looking at a guy here who ran a 4.35, compared to the 4.55 he ran at the combine. his stock was near the end of the first, and now look at what we have here. top 15 pick.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reggie Nelson's Ridiculous Pro Day

What the !?!!?!?

That is a massive improvement. What is in the water down there??

Great chance of going top 15 now, perhaps the Falcons grab him now they have Horn??
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

With that kind of speed, i'd make him a CB...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

No way he ran a 4.2. I have seen him play, and he is not as fast or faster than Mathis.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
With that kind of speed, i'd make him a CB...
LOL, with that kind of speed, he would play RB, WR, PR, KR, Corner, Safety, and any other place I could stick him...
Old 03-07-2007   #6
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO he just caught back up with Laron Landry for the first S taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I dont know about that. Did you see how Laron is built? Dude is a beast...
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, that's really impressive. He pretty much had to do that. It looks like he just had a bad day at the combine. just made himself some money there.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
He may have but I still take Landry over Nelson any day of the week. Landry's 1 inch taller and about 15 lbs heavier....and now it looks like they pretty much have the same speed. Both are ball-hawks but Landry is a much better tackler imo.

I agree it looks like Atlanta is gonna take whoever is highest on their list. Landry,Nelson, Hall etc. There's a lot of talk they'd be moving one of their cb's to safety. it looks like secondary to me..for their pick
Old 03-07-2007   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Thats impressive, but I really question why it didn't show at the combine which was only 2 weeks ago. Does anyone else wonder or am I the only one who is curious how he dropped .2 of his 40 time?
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Thats impressive, but I really question why it didn't show at the combine which was only 2 weeks ago. Does anyone else wonder or am I the only one who is curious how he dropped .2 of his 40 time?
I think he just had a bad day and didn't run very well at the combine. His time at the combine REALLY surprised me...so i just think it was an 'off' day for him.
Old 03-07-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think he just had a bad day and didn't run very well at the combine. His time at the combine REALLY surprised me...so i just think it was an 'off' day for him.
Numbers aside, the bottom line is that this guy can play the hell out of the safety position! Whoever gets him is going to get a guy with 'STARDOM' written all over him.
Old 03-07-2007   #13
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Err, he ran a 40 ounce?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
Err, he ran a 40 ounce?
He drank a 40 in 4.35 seconds...impressive.
Old 03-07-2007   #15
htownfoozball
Veteran

i saw reggie run at the combine and he had a real bad start. id probably blame that for his time
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #16
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
He drank a 40 in 4.35 seconds...impressive.
wow. that IS impressive.
Old 03-07-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
wow. that IS impressive.
Pffft. i can do a 4.3 flat...
Old 03-07-2007   #18
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Pffft. i can do a 4.3 flat...
man. i thought my 4.54 was good.

p.s. Ryan Leaf? BUST? I think not. He's a hell of a golf coach out here in West Texas.
Old 03-07-2007   #19
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
man. i thought my 4.54 was good.

p.s. Ryan Leaf? BUST? I think not. He's a hell of a golf coach out here in West Texas.
Yeah, I agree

Regards,
Heath Shuler

PS. he's just giving Peyton his 15 minutes of fame...
Old 03-07-2007   #20
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
What the !?!!?!?

That is a massive improvement. What is in the water down there??

Great chance of going top 15 now, perhaps the Falcons grab him now they have Horn??
Gatorade.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read