Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-07-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default if he falls to round 2...

If we draft LaRon Landry (S/LSU) in the first; best player at his position, and for some reason Leon Hall (CB/Michigan) falls to round 2, do you thik we should spend a pick on him if Ryan Kalil and Robert Meacham are both gone?

Keep in mind, he was at first, the highest rated corner at the begining of all of 2007 mock drafts...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: if he falls to round 2...

No offense, but that is kind of like asking what if Marshawn Lynch falls to the 2nd round. Odds are so long against it there really isn't a point in hoping for it.
Old 03-07-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
If we draft LaRon Landry (S/LSU) in the first; best player at his position, and for some reason Leon Hall (CB/Michigan) falls to round 2, do you thik we should spend a pick on him if Ryan Kalil and Robert Meacham are both gone?

Keep in mind, he was at first, the highest rated corner at the begining of all of 2007 mock drafts...
And after running at the combine he's either the 1st or 2nd CB drafted. He doesn't make it past 15, much less to use in the 2nd.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes we take leon hall. He ran a 4.39 at the combine...so that mitigated any thoughts of him being slow. He's going in the 1st unless he commits a felony pretty soon.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'd be looking more along the lines of Aaron Ross, Daymeion Hughes, and Marcus McCauley for the 2nd round.
Old 03-07-2007   #6
real

Im really hoping Poslunzsny falls to us in the second rd. though I seriously doubt it...

Landry in the first, Poslunzsny in the second and I wouldn't even care about the rest of the draft..
Old 03-07-2007   #7
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think we'd be looking more along the lines of Aaron Ross, Daymeion Hughes, and Marcus McCauley for the 2nd round.
I'd put them in that order too....Ross has extra value as a return man.
Old 03-07-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No offense, but that is kind of like asking what if Marshawn Lynch falls to the 2nd round. Odds are so long against it there really isn't a point in hoping for it.
Or Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson falling to the eight. Not impposible. But means there's some real heavy duty baggage that's happened...like they discover the week of the draft his mother was found dead in the bathtub with his finger prints all over the knife sticking out of her chest. Or they found one of them dead cold passed out on a park bench with a needle dangling from their arm in the wee hours of the morning. Not impossible, but highly unlikly.
Old 03-07-2007   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Don't you remember the "What if VY falls to Round 2" threads last year?
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Im really hoping Poslunzsny falls to us in the second rd. though I seriously doubt it...

Landry in the first, Poslunzsny in the second and I wouldn't even care about the rest of the draft..
He's a guy I'm pretty sure will go somewhere in the 20's but if things fall funny...he could slip into the 2nd. If we got Landry and Posluzny i'd be a real happy camper.
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Freeder
Rookie

I would love to see Aaron Ross fall to us in round 2.
Freeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Don't you remember the "What if VY falls to Round 2" threads last year?
I forced myself to forget all of last year's draft talk.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #13
baba ganoush
Veteran

sorry, i didn think he did much at the cobine, i didnt get to see it, i'd be happ with ross though
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
He's a guy I'm pretty sure will go somewhere in the 20's but if things fall funny...he could slip into the 2nd. If we got Landry and Posluzny i'd be a real happy camper.
Hey it could happen...

They had Winston projected late first early second and he fell all the way to us in the third...

This years draft has a lot of talent in the late first/early second rd. area...I think we get an impact player in the second rd with our pick...
Old 03-07-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing to be sorry about. I thought he posted good numbers myself. The herd had him and quinn falling. They , the DBs posted some awesome numbers from what I saw. They'll be more than a hand full taken day one I garauntee you that. Hall's been rated top 15 to twenty all off season. He's not going to drop down to 39. Of course we hade a bunch on here who pitched a fit at not taking Erick with the two last year. Twenty picks...that's a prety hard fall. There'd have to be a good reason for it. dig up the numbers now. It's not as bad as I thought it was, just no Dieon Sanders out there.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10026017

Quote:
The 40-yard dash times for the first group of defensive backs were phenomenal. Among the highlights were safety LaRon Landry of LSU running a 4.32, Chris Houston of Arkansas (4.35), Leon Hall of Michigan (4.38), Michael Griffin of Texas (4.41), Tarell Brown of Texas (4.48) and Michael Coe of Alabama State (4.49). Overall, it was a very fast group.

From GBN:

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

Quote:
1:00 PM): Top DBs make statement... The theme of this week's Indianapolis scouting combine has been that for the most part the top prospects for the 2007 draft have come in and worked out like the top prospects. And that was the story for the story this morning as the DBs worked out. LSU FS Laron Landry, for example, may very well have locked up a spot in this year's top 10 when he ran a CB-like 4.35 40 time. Meanwhile, Michigan CB Leon Hall did nothing to hurt his status as one of the top 1-2 cover corners when he posted a fast 4.39 40 clocking. That helps Hall who was seen coming into the combine as a physical player but there were questions whether he had top-end recovery speed. Hall, though, still has a challenge on his hands for the top-grade among CBs as fast-rising Arkansas junior Chris Houston was even faster, running a vert fast 4.32, the fastest among the first group of defensive backs. Other fast times from today's first group of DBs included a 4.45 turned in by Texas FS Michael Griffin, while 6 other CBs: UNLV junior CB Eric Wright (4.36); Jonathan Wade of Tennessee (4.36); Josh Wilson of Maryland (4.39), Kenny Scott of Georgia Tech (4.39) and Fresno State's Marcus McCauley (4.39) were under 4.40 seconds. The one CB who struggled noticeably was California's Daymeion Hughes who was timed in the high 4.65-4.70 range. The other top CB in this year's drfat class - Pittsburgh junior Darrelle Revis opted not to workout.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-07-2007 at 05:09 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #16
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston Justice was also suppose to be a top 10 pick and he fall all the way to the mid of the 2nd round.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #17
Dunta_23
All Pro

I remember a little bit before the College Bowl games people were wondering if we should get Jamarcus Russell in the 2nd round or later...or trade back in the first round to the teens and get him there....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #18
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL View Post
Winston Justice was also suppose to be a top 10 pick and he fall all the way to the mid of the 2nd round.
Eric Winston was looked at as a top pick too...and fell to the 3rd
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #19
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Eric Winston was looked at as a top pick too...and fell to the 3rd
that was because of an injury though. no chance leon falls that far. there is always a need for CB and usually a run for them at the end of the first round.
Old 03-07-2007   #20
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Sidney Rice will fall to us in the 2nd....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read