Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2007   #1
Dre_80
Rookie

Smile Dre's player journal

From nflplayers.com:

Quote:
Re-Signing With The Texans
03/07/07

This was the team I wanted to be with. I didnít want to be a guy who went from city to city.

It was a win-win for both of us, both the team and for me and it was something that I thought about going into the situation where you go in and get the deal done and then you can be able to bring some other guys in to help this team get to where it wants.

I canít wait to get it going here in April, once we start offseason workouts.
http://nflplayers.com/players/player...ection=journal
Dre_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Dre's player journal

Always good news when your best player is happy to be with you. A lot of people were afraid AJ was unhappy here.
Old 03-07-2007   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is by far the best thing the franchise has done in its short existance.
Amazing athlete
Great football player
Even better personality
Old 03-07-2007   #4
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
AJ is by far the best thing the franchise has done in its short existance.
Amazing athlete
Great football player
Even better personality
BETTER PERSONALITY, MAN ITS HARD TO GET A WORD OUT OF HIM.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #5
texans83
All Pro

I agree though he is the face of the franchise as of rightnow and I love the fact that he will be with the texasn for a long time.
Old 03-07-2007   #6
mike230765
Rookie

Andre is an awsome guy. He could be an all around leader if he would speak up sometimes. I am not saying that he should call everyone out all the time but just when it is really needed. I realize he does not like alot of attention but if he were just take people to the side and not front them out infront of everyone.

Anyway

Good Job Andre I am really glad you are a Houston Texan and decided to try and get us to the promis land.

Go Texans
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #7
texans83
All Pro

I would rather him be like he is then have him another TO. IMO
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2007   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that he is a great player and one of the few playmakers we have on this team right now. The only mark on him is that I wish he could be more physical. The guy has all the God given talent in the world. I think he will evolve over these next few years with this new regime and be someone that the whole league talks about, not just local fans. Face it, he's not a household name throughout the USA at this time. If he can be a nasty, physical player, the sky is the limit for that dude and I wish him the best of luck.
Old 03-07-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
LOL... I agree.

Not that its a bad thing, because he's a really good guy (from what I hear), but a social butterfly, he is not....
Old 03-07-2007   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I agree that he is a great player and one of the few playmakers we have on this team right now. The only mark on him is that I wish he could be more physical. The guy has all the God given talent in the world. I think he will evolve over these next few years with this new regime and be someone that the whole league talks about, not just local fans. Face it, he's not a household name throughout the USA at this time. If he can be a nasty, physical player, the sky is the limit for that dude and I wish him the best of luck.
You can only be so physical when your QB is afraid to throw over the middle. AJ has propsered mostly because he can catch the 1 yard stop route and break tackles. Thats pretty physical to me. Imagine if he was catching those 10-20 yard out each time with a real QB
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
You can only be so physical when your QB is afraid to throw over the middle. AJ has propsered mostly because he can catch the 1 yard stop route and break tackles. Thats pretty physical to me. Imagine if he was catching those 10-20 yard out each time with a real QB
I understand what you mean, but I am refering to him going up, one on one with a DB, and ripping the ball away from him. I've seen him do it before, just not on a regular basis. I do however, understand that it's hard to do that when you don't get the deep ball thrown to you too much.
Old 03-07-2007   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I understand what you mean, but I am refering to him going up, one on one with a DB, and ripping the ball away from him. I've seen him do it before, just not on a regular basis. I do however, understand that it's hard to do that when you don't get the deep ball thrown to you too much.
You're right. Too many times I've seen him drop the abll right out of his hands or let a DB take it.
Old 03-07-2007   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre 4 Life!!
Old 03-07-2007   #14
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

We're blessed to have AJ.
Old 03-07-2007   #15
Sportsfan
All Pro

Awesome. There is not a better receiver in the league in my opinion.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
gotta agree with you on that one. i guess its better than a loudmouth like TO or a malcontent like Moss.

I applaud the Texans locking this guy up for the foreseeable future
Old 03-07-2007   #17
AtheGreat
Veteran

casserly/dom did alot of STUPID crap, but you gotta give it up for the AJ pick. the guy is one of my fav. NFL stars becuase of his attitude more than his skill. hes good; he knows it, we know it, but he doesn't run his mouth to get noticed. he just catches 100+ balls and goes to the pro-bowl. i've got no problem with him being the face of the texans for years to come.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read