Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-07-2007   #1
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where will this CB go in the draft???

NFL | C. Brown works out at Pro Day
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:06:35 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Cal-Poly DB Courtney Brown measured a height of 6-1 3/8 and a weight of 200 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 seconds and 4.32 seconds. He finished the short shuttle in 4.07 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.10 seconds. He had a 41 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-11 broad jump and completed 15 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

Now, I'm no scout or anything, but the measurables on this guy are pretty nice. He's tall for a DB....fast as heck...has ups...relatively strong. I can't say I know much about the Cal-Poly football program though.
Old 03-07-2007   #2
texans83
All Pro

Default Re: Where will this CB go in the draft???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
NFL | C. Brown works out at Pro Day
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 02:06:35 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Cal-Poly DB Courtney Brown measured a height of 6-1 3/8 and a weight of 200 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 seconds and 4.32 seconds. He finished the short shuttle in 4.07 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.10 seconds. He had a 41 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-11 broad jump and completed 15 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press.

Now, I'm no scout or anything, but the measurables on this guy are pretty nice. He's tall for a DB....fast as heck...has ups...relatively strong. I can't say I know much about the Cal-Poly football program though.
I think thats going to be the only reason he getts drafted in the late 1st round. He is although a great corner and I wouldnt mind having him it would just be a reach at 8 but if he is there in the 2round then they would have to jump on this kid.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #3
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
I think thats going to be the only reason he getts drafted in the late 1st round. He is although a great corner and I wouldnt mind having him it would just be a reach at 8 but if he is there in the 2round then they would have to jump on this kid.
Is he really expected to go that high?

I'd think that Hall and Revis and Hughes and Ross would all go before him just based on competition faced. I was thinking he'd maybe be a third or fourth, but after the second round, I'm useless in draft guessing.
Old 03-07-2007   #4
real

Meausurables look good....

I've never seen him play, but hopefully this is a guy that the Texans have decided to scout...
Old 03-07-2007   #5
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Is he really expected to go that high?
Oh yea soe say he is the best Corner in the draft but some say he isent. I look to see him go either late 1st or early 2nd.
Old 03-07-2007   #6
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh yea soe say he is the best Corner in the draft but some say he isent. I look to see him go either late 1st or early 2nd.
Very interesting...can he return kicks? I can't imagine passing on a guy who burns like that with that size. I'm getting all fired up now.
Old 03-07-2007   #7
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Very interesting...can he return kicks? I can't imagine passing on a guy who burns like that with that size. I'm getting all fired up now.
that im not sure of I know he did in college but Im not so sure how he would do in the NFL. It wouldnt hurt to throuw him in there just to see.
Sponsored links
Old 03-07-2007   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

He was a unamious pre season 1st team all 1-aa american.

I find it odd that if he's likely to go on teh first day that he didn't get a combine invite.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

he could prob beat out Daunte by his 2nd season if the Texans drafted him.
Old 03-07-2007   #10
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
he could prob beat out Daunte by his 2nd season if the Texans drafted him.
Robinson wouldn't have to worry....Faggins would be a nickel forever though if we got this guy.
Old 03-07-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I need a source for this, cause he's not listed as even a top 5 DB on any source I can find.
Old 03-07-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's definitely not a first rounder. great measurables though. very good prospect.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #13
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I need a source for this, cause he's not listed as even a top 5 DB on any source I can find.
I just heard it the other day on NFL network but ill try to fing some thing from him.
Old 03-07-2007   #14
texans83
All Pro

The guy came out of no where and just lit it up at the combine.
Old 03-07-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Ummm..Courtney Brown did NOT go to teh combine. Maybe you are confusing him with somebody else?

http://www.nflcombine.net/files/invl...name_sort.html
Old 03-07-2007   #16
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude wasn't at the combine.

I think you're full of it.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #17
texans83
All Pro

not the combine but his numbers, He didnt get invited to the combine bc there was only one other DII guy there I believe but that might have been the TE that was DII. Anyways they were still talking about him during the DB day and were saying that they felt he should worked out. Was he injured or something or did he just not get invited
Old 03-07-2007   #18
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Dude wasn't at the combine.

I think you're full of it.
Ok well when have I ever been wrong???? You asked so I just put in my 2cents on what I heard
Old 03-07-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
not the combine but his numbers, He didnt get invited to the combine bc there was only one other DII guy there I believe but that might have been the TE that was DII. Anyways they were still talking about him during the DB day and were saying that they felt he should worked out. Was he injured or something or did he just not get invited
Not invited at all.
Old 03-07-2007   #20
texans83
All Pro

if they scoted him which I hope they did, I would like to see them seriously think about taking him. He would deff have to make a huge leap from d2 to the pros but with those numbers how could you not feel excited. It would be great if he fell to the 2nd day as a draft sleeper and just light it up in the pros for the Texans as a steal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read