Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-06-2007   #1
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Default Trent Green given permission to seek trade

What do you think, he's a proven Vet that can throw for 4000+ yards when healthy with no name receivers

I would like to see him in Houston
Old 03-06-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trent Green given permission to seek trade

One of the most underrated QBs that are in the league. I would give up an arm to have him in a Texans uni.
Old 03-06-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
One of the most underrated QBs that are in the league. I would give up an arm to have him in a Texans uni.
You would? I wouldn't mine seeing him here, but I'd prefer to have all my limbs in tact.
Old 03-06-2007   #4
energyo
Rookie

I like Trent Green but after last season I wonder if he still has it in him.
energyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd trade a 3rd plus Sage&DW (if they want him) for him. This team needs proven veteran leadership pronto.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

He would be better than Garcia as an option assuming the concussion doesn't have any lasting effects....but still not worth giving away a first day pick.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #7
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
He would be better than Garcia as an option assuming the concussion doesn't have any lasting effects....but still not worth giving away a first day pick.
Definitely not worth a first round pick. We could send them David or Sage, plus toss in a 3rd or 5th depending on which QB they took. Sounds good to me.... I wouldn't mind losing the 3rd to pick him up.
Old 03-06-2007   #8
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Definitely not worth a first round pick. We could send them David or Sage, plus toss in a 3rd or 5th depending on which QB they took. Sounds good to me.... I wouldn't mind losing the 3rd to pick him up.
Misread me...I was saying no first day pick at all. Really I wouldn't want to give up more than a 6th. He would be getting paid a considerable amount of money for probably 1 real year of play. I'll pass and take my chances.

Old 03-06-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
Misread me...I was saying no first day pick at all. Really I wouldn't want to give up more than a 6th. He would be getting paid a considerable amount of money for probably 1 real year of play. I'll pass and take my chances.
No man, I got what you said. I agree that a first day pick would be a lot to give, but I think he would have that big of an impact on this team. I think we just have him rated differently.

I also think he will be able to reproduce his pre-injury numbers, at least for two years.
Old 03-06-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a 5th rounder these days. nice pickup though. i hear he wants to play for miami, so who knows..
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
You would? I wouldn't mine seeing him here, but I'd prefer to have all my limbs in tact.
Hey Navy, I thought you thought Green was to old and we should call up some dude who ran a B&B in Idaho?

I'd prefer Green over Ramsey.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys forget that he played behind a HOF oline.He isnt very mobile. He's one good sack away from going to the intensive care unit....
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Hey Navy, I thought you thought Green was to old and we should call up some dude who ran a B&B in Idaho?

I'd prefer Green over Ramsey.
veteran leadership is something we need though. even if we brought him in, I'd still like to see Quinn or Kolb here.
Old 03-06-2007   #14
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
You guys forget that he played behind a HOF oline.He isnt very mobile. He's one good sack away from going to the intensive care unit....
That's what I'm concerned about too. He's a good QB from what things look like but that line and running game probably disguised a few weaknesses. Not to mention the injury concern and the age...I just don't know how much success he would find here. I don't even know if I would spend a 5th on him unless it was conditional. He just doesn't have a real future here in any capacity.

Old 03-06-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

How about:
Panthers | Team releases Weinke
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:33:46 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have released QB Chris Weinke.

Edit this needs a
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How about:

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have released QB Chris Weinke.
When I read that online I had forgotten Weinke was still even in the league. Pass.

Old 03-06-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about:

Isnt he like 40 already? He was the 30 year old QB at Florida State.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #18
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Trent's body will not be able to handle the amount of sacks we allow.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
How about:

Edit this needs a
And to think, he won the Heisman over LaDainian Tomlinson and Michael Vick
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #20
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
You don;t give up 1st day talent for anyone out there that a team doesn't want.

I think Trent Green is the best QB available right now, as compared to Plummer, Garcia, Harrington, Bledsoe, Ramsey, and on and on... But not for a 1st, a 2nd, or even a 3rd... No way.... I may offer a 5th in the 2008 draft...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read