Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-06-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jets/Lions Trade Rumor

Since this is about the draft I put this here...esp since it couls shake things up a bit.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/...ions-pick.html

Supposedly the Jets may want to trade their 1st round pick and a Defensive Player (most likely Vilma) to the Lions for their 1st round pick (#2 overall).

Any body have some insight into this? who would they really want? I think they just got Thomas Jones RB from Chicago so would it not be AP?

Is Pennington their Answer? it could be for Quinn or CJ??

what if the draft ended like this...

1. oak-jamarcus russell
2. nyj-trade-Brady Quinn
3. cle-adrian peterson
4. tb.-calvin johnson
5. ari- joe thomas..they get him lol
6. was-dline?
7. min-dline or landry??
8. hou-dline, landry, brown?

this trade may or may not happen ...or it could just be made up..just a rumor right now. what do yall think may happen and how bout the draft??
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets/Lions Trade Rumor

They could be looking for Quinn.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm guessing quinn or johnson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #4
Navy_Chris
All Pro

OR...Detroit could draft Thomas, then turn around and trade his rights to Oakland, who could then trade Randy Moss and the rights to Joe Thomas to New England for Tom Brady. Meanwhile, the Jets are re-trading Thomas Jones and cash to the Texans for Dunta Robinson. THEN, the Texans turn around and trade Ahman Green to the Jets for Chad Pennington and future considerations. FINALLY, Tampa Bay uses the #4 pick to draft Calvin Johnson and then trades him to the Redskins for Jason Campbell and London Fletcher-Baker. Make sense?
Old 03-06-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
OR...Detroit could draft Thomas, then turn around and trade his rights to Oakland, who could then trade Randy Moss and the rights to Joe Thomas to New England for Tom Brady. Meanwhile, the Jets are re-trading Thomas Jones and cash to the Texans for Dunta Robinson. THEN, the Texans turn around and trade Ahman Green to the Jets for Chad Pennington and future considerations. FINALLY, Tampa Bay uses the #4 pick to draft Calvin Johnson and then trades him to the Redskins for Jason Campbell and London Fletcher-Baker. Make sense?
That's is EXACTLY what I was thinking.....I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it sooner.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #6
TexansCanes
All Pro

My guess would be Calvin because they used there second on Clemens last year and I think they really like him.
Old 03-06-2007   #7
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's is EXACTLY what I was thinking.....I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it sooner.
ppreciate it.
Old 03-06-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

what's with the avatar navy..
Old 03-06-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
what's with the avatar navy..
I found the Cam picture on google. I was trying to prove my point that Casserly looks kinda like Cam. It's a funny pic too.
Old 03-06-2007   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

My money would be on CJ in that situation. Pennington is pretty young still and could be really dangerous with Coles, CJ and Thomas Jones. Although it would be a waster of CJ's speed with Pennington's "deep ball"...jk
Old 03-06-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I found the Cam picture on google. I was trying to prove my point that Casserly looks kinda like Cam. It's a funny pic too.
it's not cameron, though.
Old 03-06-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
it's not cameron, though.
it's not? looks like him. who is it then? lol.
Old 03-06-2007   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it's not? looks like him. who is it then? lol.
In your avatar? That's Sir Paul MacCartney ( and I know I mispelled that)
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
In your avatar? That's Sir Paul MacCartney ( and I know I mispelled that)
oh ok. let's change that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read