Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-06-2007   #1
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where are Hamlin, Grant, etc.?

We all know that our team has many needs, including a hole at the FS position and help at OL and CB. I'm curious to know why the Texans have not scheduled any visits with Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant? Why is Carlisle the only OL that we've talked to so far? Just thought I'd find out why, with so many holes at different positions, we aren't at least contacting these players. Anyone have any information on this?
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #2
texans83
All Pro

Default Re: Where are Hamlin, Grant, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
We all know that our team has many needs, including a hole at the FS position and help at OL and CB. I'm curious to know why the Texans have not scheduled any visits with Ken Hamlin or Deon Grant? Why is Carlisle the only OL that we've talked to so far? Just thought I'd find out why, with so many holes at different positions, we aren't at least contacting these players. Anyone have any information on this?
Bc we are in Cap space hell
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #3
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
They haven't contacted them because the Texans are drafting Laron Landry, excellent size with 4.3 speed that can get there and is angry when he arrives. lol
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #4
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
They haven't contacted them because the Texans are drafting Laron Landry, excellent size with 4.3 speed that can get there and is angry when he arrives. lol
There going for Quinn havent you heard?
Old 03-06-2007   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

well both players are probably wanting a lot in guaranteed money. that is something that Smith is unwilling to do so given his current cap predicament. We are probably hoping that they get no biters and have to lower their demands. I think Grant is the better choice as Hamlin is only a better version of CC. Good in run support bad in pass coverage. We need that like we need a hole in the head.
Old 03-06-2007   #6
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
Bc we are in Cap space hell
Safeties are not that expensive a commodity, plus you can't know the price unless you ask. I would like to at least see us bring in some OL and DBs to see if we could get a reasonable deal done.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
rumors and smoke screens my friend
Old 03-06-2007   #8
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hahahahaha....i hope not..quinn is another pretty boy QB..he was great at beating up the military schools but when they played the Trojans and the Wolverines of the college world..he looked as bad as kyle bollinger.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
rumors and smoke screens my friend
well I know they wont draft Kolb in the 2nd or 3rd.
Old 03-06-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hahahahaha....i hope not..quinn is another pretty boy QB..he was great at beating up the military schools but when they played the Trojans and the Wolverines of the college world..he looked as bad as kyle bollinger.
Yea, so did the Notre Dame defense.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #11
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
well I know they wont draft Kolb in the 2nd or 3rd.
oh great teller of the future, can you let me know what the lotto numbers are going to be?
Old 03-06-2007   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
did you even watch Notre Dame football? There defense was giving up an average of 40 points in losses to UofM, USC, etc.
Old 03-06-2007   #13
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
What if Brady Quinn was ugly? would that make him a better prospect?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #14
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
I suspect in some people's minds here yes.
Old 03-06-2007   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
yes

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #16
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
oh great teller of the future, can you let me know what the lotto numbers are going to be?
That would be useful considering Mega Millions is 355 million.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #17
mike230765
Rookie

I need to go get some lottery tickets tonight!

I do believe that we will end up drafting Landry......i just wish that they would draft all line men and then see if carr improves next year. If not he might have more trade value next year. The main thing i want is for the Texans to have a good o-line and plenty of depth because they are always getting hurt.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #18
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Quinn vs. the Trojans: 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 74 more rushing yards

Want to try again?
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
Quinn vs. the Trojans: 274 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 74 more rushing yards

Want to try again?

don't bother. half these guys don't even watch the games. not surprising half the quinn-bashers are also carr-lovers.
Old 03-06-2007   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think they're more than likely targeting FS and OL on the first day of the draft and if they are not satisfied with the players available when they pick they'll get a stop gap type player to fill these positions from the June 1st cuts available.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read