Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-06-2007   #1
humbleone
Veteran

Default What is the story with Lelie?

So, does anyone on the MB know why it looks like things are not going to work out between us and Lelie?

I am assuming that we just can't, or won't keep up with the 49'ers regarding the money but there may be more to the story.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is the story with Lelie?

If I am not mistaken... the story is he is a 49er.

http://49ers.com/pressbox/news_detai...tion=PR%20News
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #3
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh, I believe he signed a contract for the 49ers already. Which leaves us out of the picture entirely.
Old 03-06-2007   #4
TommyS
Veteran

he signed with the 49ers already

http://www.nfl.com/transactions
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #5
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

49ers agreed to a two-year, $4.3 million deal with WR Ashley Lelie. The deal includes a $2 million signing bonus.
What a deal for the 49ers. While Lelie probably isn't the receiver that Antonio Bryant is, he's a useful deep threat who's getting paid like a reserve, but should start. The Niners should continue to add talent at receiver in the draft, but Lelie has a chance to rebound statistically in San Francisco next season.
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #6
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
If I am not mistaken... the story is he is a 49er.

http://49ers.com/pressbox/news_detai...tion=PR%20News
OK thanks. You guys are correct, he is already signed with the 49ers. And, the link you provided gave me what I was looking for...he said he was looking for the chance to be the #1 WR (obviously with us, that job belongs to AJ).

This is why I love the MB, thanks again guys!
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I hear around the net he is soft. Like really soft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2007   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
From what I hear around the net he is soft. Like really soft.
Yep, that about sums it up.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #9
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

If my memory serves me right denver drafted him out of U of Hawaii at like 17 ina rather weak WR draft Class. One of those guys whose stock really rose after running a blazing 40 time but had the hands of Mathis.

I'm glad we passed on him.

On Edit how about Drafting Steve Breaston?
Old 03-06-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleone View Post
So, does anyone on the MB know why it looks like things are not going to work out between us and Lelie?

I am assuming that we just can't, or won't keep up with the 49'ers regarding the money but there may be more to the story.
where were you Sat. night when he cancelled his meeting with Smith? At least he didn't have to watch the Rockets get pounded by the Spurs....again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read