Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2004   #21
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanico
As far as numbers are conecrned, the Titans had done much much better, than when they were the Oilers...the Oilers NEVER went to a SB...but if for you that is a bad karma....lol....then what the city of Houston has delivered footballwisely in their entire history?

The City of Houston denied to Mr. Adams, the request of building a new stadium...and thanks god the team left that cursed city, because we had achieved much more things at Nashville.
Hmm as soon as that SOB got his new stadium, the team started doing well. I think the city saw right through that and was willing to part ways with him.

But hey what happened happened, we have a new team we love, you have a team you love so lets just keep this friendly rivalry going.
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #22
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

well alright I dont that needed to be said twice!
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #23
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SI.com's Power Rankings

si.com

12 (now) 15 (was) Houston Texans (3-3)
They're a young team, so they'll continue to break your heart one week and gladden it the next. They play with passion. They're fun to watch. Wish their O-line was better.

Interesting fact. Every team in the AFC South is in the top 15.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #24
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Hmm as soon as that SOB got his new stadium, the team started doing well. I think the city saw right through that and was willing to part ways with him.

But hey what happened happened, we have a new team we love, you have a team you love so lets just keep this friendly rivalry going.
I hope that many txans fans think like you do, is my hope as well...to keep things friendly.

The truth is that there are many reasons from many texans fans, to hate us.

If and when both teams are in strong and winning seasons...the Titans-Texans games are about to become the most hated rivalries of all time.
Forget about the Raiders-Denver harsh confrontations, this one is going to say "excuse me, we are harsher".

I am willing to talk about football in an objective way, but then there are some that are blinded by the hate they feel against us, and nonsense comes alive and quickly.

So lets see.
Old 10-20-2004   #25
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I stand by every word I say..and you gotta be pulling my leg for sure.

the City of Hosuton DENIED the Oilers the request to build a NEW stadium..and the same City then didn't knew what they lost untill it was gone. And..oh yeah! they created a NEW franchise, they built a NEW stadium....but they didn't care to lost a traditional team. Very laughable.
The city knew what it was losing and we accepted it after Bud had first threatened to move the team to Jacksonville and a few years later to Tennessee.

BullPenAndy eloquently sums the way most of us feel in a song he wrote after this momentous occasion.

"It was a sad day in November when we heard the disturbing news. We all knew it was coming but still it gave us all the blues. Bud was moving the Oilers cause Houston wasn't gonna pay. He found a new home in Nashville and he moved our team away.

But I say thank you and I 'm sorry to Nashville, Tennessee. Sorry you got stuck with Bud but thanks for taking him from me. Bud doesn't care about your city, he only cares about your money. Thank you and I'm sorry Nashville, Tennessee."

By the way, WTF does this mean??
Quote:
And..oh yeah! they created a NEW franchise, they built a NEW stadium....but they didn't care to lost a traditional team. Very laughable.
Old 10-22-2004   #26
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a reminder...thanks god, George is not playing anymore with us!!! he was an extra weight in the team, just barely getting 3 or some yards averagely in the last three seasons. Now Chris Brown is the second better RB in the NFL...
I do agree with you completely there, except that George was a good back for you at one time. I always thought he was too slow to the hole, myself, but he was a workhorse. I can't take that away from him. He was also an EXCELLENT pass blocker.

You asked about which Dyson, but I was just throwing his name in. I don't really remember. I used to watcht he Titans when they first went to Tennessee (hey, I had to root for somebody and I still liked McNair and Kearse a lot), but I've forgotten a lot about them now.

Last edited by HJam72; 10-22-2004 at 05:34 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read