Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-06-2007   #1
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A. Green's Non-endorsement of David Carr

From Monday's Houston Comical....

"I don't think I'll have a hard time adjusting," Green said. "One of my priorities other than running the ball and scoring will be to help protect David Carr or whoever's throwing the ball."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4601956.html
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #2
mikey21
Lifer

Rep Power: 10 mikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmikey21 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: A. Green's Non-endorsement of David Carr

even though i think carr will be gone i think you are reading too much into that statement
Old 03-06-2007   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

^^^^No lie...and you know this....

Old 03-06-2007   #4
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey21 View Post
even though i think carr will be gone i think you are reading too much into that statement
Exactly! But I'm pumped about Green. Look, if Carr doesn't get the job done, we have Sage and hopefully a draft pick (either Troy Smith, Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb, or Jared Zabransky). Just someone who can give us a change of scenery. I wish David the best and hope somehow he can come out and play great for us next year, but I want some genuine backups!
Old 03-06-2007   #5
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I don't think I'll have a hard time adjusting," Green said. "One of my priorities other than running the ball and scoring will be to help protect David Carr or whoever's throwing the ball."
I guess it is how you read it right Kooliad.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #6
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
From Monday's Houston Comical....

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4601956.html
If you happened to watch the interviews on tv that Green had with the media sunday night, you would have noticed that he said that it was his job to protect David Carr. He liked David's ability to get up every time he was thrown down and he thought it was sick how often David was sacked.

He also said that David is very respected in the league and needed a better running game and protection and that was what he ( A. Green ) was going to help provide.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
If you happened to watch the interviews on tv that Green had with the media sunday night, you would have noticed that he said that it was his job to protect David Carr. He liked David's ability to get up every time he was thrown down and he thought it was sick how often David was sacked.

He also said that David is very respected in the league and needed a better running game and protection and that was what he ( A. Green ) was going to help provide.
Wow, I have been saying that for 6 years.

Good Post.
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2007   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It was interesting to see Sage there at the press conference though.

David must have been at his top secret QB camp, working out with some high dollar QB coach. It's good to see him take such interest in his craft.
Old 03-06-2007   #9
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

David must have been at his top secret QB camp, working out with some high dollar QB coach. It's good to see him take such interest in his craft.
Agreed, not much of an offenseive leader when you can't even show up to a news conference welcoming a new addition to your offense.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #10
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This town is making David Carr its scape goat. The Texans have never ever provided him with a top notch running game and protection. They hired a coach his first year that ran Tim Couch into the ground.

David and his family can read the writing that most of you guys are putting on the wall and probably knows that he will be gone next year, so thats probably why he wasn't there yesterday.

But you should also know that David wasn't at the press conference when Gary Kubiak was announced as head coach, and with his job in the balance last year you would have thought he would have been there then. So how do you read into it now??
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Were was he then?
Old 03-06-2007   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Were was he then?
In that little selectioin you quoted... I say exactly where I thought he must have been.

Did they teach you deductive reasoning in college, or did you sleep through that part??
Old 03-06-2007   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
In that little selectioin you quoted... I say exactly where I thought he must have been.

Did they teach you deductive reasoning in college, or did you sleep through that part??
Wow! So how much do those top secret QB camps and coaches cost, were are they located.

I slept through it.
Old 03-06-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Wow! So how much do those top secret QB camps and coaches cost, were are they located.
I was hoping you could fill us in.

bye the bye....... nice avatar.
Old 03-06-2007   #15
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was hoping you could fill us in.

bye the bye....... nice avatar.
Why, I would call him and ask him but he is probably going through one of those top secret QB drills right now.
Old 03-06-2007   #16
texans83
All Pro

hey Hulk just wondering but why did david stop the construction on his new house? I like Carr and I hope he can produce I just wonder sometimes if he lost that fire that he first had when he came into the league.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #17
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Maybe Carr wasn't at the press conference because the spot light would have focused on him and not Green.

Maybe his is just tired of dealing with all of the negativity he is shown when the Texans never provided him with a way to succeed.

Maybe he is gone.

Who really knows; Until something announced the NFL is all smoke and mirrors.
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #18
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardTexanFan View Post
Maybe Carr wasn't at the press conference because the spot light would have focused on him and not Green.

Maybe his is just tired of dealing with all of the negativity he is shown when the Texans never provided him with a way to succeed.

Maybe he is gone.

Who really knows; Until something announced the NFL is all smoke and mirrors.
The man has to have some kind of leadership, the texans cant give him the best talent in the league to help him along, he should be the team leader, players shold look him in the eyes when the game is on the line and know that david can make it happen. That has never been the case. The team leaned on him in the begining and he crumbled. Not his fault, he just isent a leader. You have to be a leader on and off the field at this lever expecially. The QB can make anything happen. How many come from behind wins does david have? ANY? I dont thinkk so. I wish we had the rookie David back, when he threw a touchdown he ran down the field with his hands in the air greeting his teammates. That was great when I saw that I felt forsure he would be ok as a good leader. But I was wrong. Now we cant even throw the ball downfield. Im just so dam frustrated with it all. Its not all davids fault I nkow that, he never had great coaching till this past year and he never really had a consistant Running game with that Oline hasent been up to Par. But with htat said I think it will be better on both sides if they just went there seperate ways, a new start.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #19
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan

Texans 83,

I agree Carr needs a new start, but maybe not next year. The Texans basically destroyed Carr when they drafted him #1 and put him in charge of an expansion team the first year. They should have put him behind a veteran and groomed him but this is hind sight. If there is a viable veteran replacement Carr should be traded and allowed to move on with his life. I just do not believe that Ramsey is the one.
WaywardTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #20
Sco-tai
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey21 View Post
COMPLETELY agreed.

I mean....it's all over the news that there is doubt about Carr's future...and I just interpret Green's word as saying he's a team-player.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read