Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2007   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A. Green = Bad Deal

Am I the only one that thinks this was a deal not worth making? A FA running back with 9 years on the clock for 23 mil? Let's just change the name to the Green Bay Broncos and be done with it. I guess since neither Denver or Green Bay had an OT they didn't want we just took what they had just to look like we were doing something.

I could be wrong.....but I'm not.

Still a genius............yep.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A. Green = Bad Deal

Someone's full of himself...

And FYI, not all the $23 million is guaranteed. Only about $7 million is.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks this was a deal not worth making? A FA running back with 9 years on the clock for 23 mil? Let's just change the name to the Green Bay Broncos and be done with it. I guess since neither Denver or Green Bay had an OT they didn't want we just took what they had just to look like we were doing something.

He is only guaranteed 6.5 million. So if he can just last a couple seasons, the cap hit will not be that significant. It's nice not looking at our backfield and seeing Gado, Lundy, and Taylor as our only options.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
macaronitoni
Rookie

Submit your resume to Bob McNair or get over yourself. I'm sick of all these people in here that think they know better!
macaronitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
Submit your resume to Bob McNair or get over yourself. I'm sick of all these people in here that think they know better!
Well put! Green is a proven RB who Sherman knows how to utilize, whats wrong with that? Hell, 2 strike Henry got $12 million guaranteed, almost that of Green. A more proven RB who is a better person by far and has been a better player for cheaper doesn't to be a bad idea to me.
Old 03-05-2007   #6
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

The art of satire is overlooked as a method of artistic expression. Never forget that until you do forget it and then and only then will you forget that then. Remember that.
Old 03-05-2007   #7
GoTexans
Rookie

Ahman Green played 14 games last year and rushed for over a tousand yards with an offensive line not better than the Texans. Its a nice upgrade. And now we can cut Domanick Williams and maybe add a few more solid FA's.

Green, Dayne, Taylor and Lundy I like the options.

Two proven vets and two guys entering there second seasons.

And no more draft Adrian Peterson threads to boot.
Old 03-05-2007   #8
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, signing Green was the greatest thing since sliced bread and tennis shoes. Sooooooooooo, where's the OL help we've needed since........we'll its been too long to remember, but it's been a long time. Has everyone forgotten how bad our OL is? Oh, and by the way, we still don't have a DL that can pressure a QB. I guess a RB at the end of his career will fix all that.....

And still a......well, you know.
Old 03-05-2007   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, signing Green was the greatest thing since sliced bread and tennis shoes. Sooooooooooo, where's the OL help we've needed since........we'll its been too long to remember, but it's been a long time. Has everyone forgotten how bad our OL is? Oh, and by the way, we still don't have a DL that can pressure a QB. I guess a RB at the end of his career will fix all that.....

You tell us, where's the OL help? Which free agent offensive lineman would you have signed considering the money that is being thrown around?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
prostock101
Mr. Big

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
You tell us, where's the OL help? Which free agent offensive lineman would you have signed considering the money that is being thrown around?
I heard there were several available in NFL Europe and the Arena Football League...........Cheap!
Old 03-05-2007   #11
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:

Not everything can be fixed within 4 days of free agency, so be patient. We still have the draft and time to look at some more solid FA prospects. The Green signing is a good start and step in the right direction which is why most are excited, not because we think we got LT.
Old 03-05-2007   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I heard there were several available in NFL Europe and the Arena Football League...........Cheap!

wow ...just wow
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #13
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You are officially not a genius.........yep.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

A.Green is not that bad of a move i mean we did pass up reggie bush just so we can spend millions on a RB on the wrong side of 30
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

You aren't the only one that thinks this is not a good deal. I really was ok with Dayne, Lundy, and Taylor. I'd like to see more of Taylor.

That being said I'd rather have drafted a young back. This feels like us signing Moulds all over again only to let him go after one season.
Old 03-05-2007   #16
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
I can't help but notice you weren't trying to convince yourself you were smart at the end of this post. Seems fitting considering how stupid it is.

Quote:

So I guess by your rationale...one of the mirade of pass rushing DL's would have fixed our O-Line and also ran the ball as well. Or that one of the amazing prospects on the O-Line would have fixed our non-existent pass rush? But I am happy to see that you do actually have enough logic to realize no RB (regardless of age) can also help our O-Line and D-Line. Yeah thats right kid, it takes one player at a time.

I feel like i need to make a thread just so everyone knows we have a genuis on the board that lacks any sort of coherent thinking or logic and can be owned pretty easily. Wait a second....your a confidence booster throw down created by the mods aren't you?! lol. I get it....you crazy mods....always trying to promote the welfare and confidence of the boards.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #17
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
You aren't the only one that thinks this is not a good deal. I really was ok with Dayne, Lundy, and Taylor. I'd like to see more of Taylor.

That being said I'd rather have drafted a young back. This feels like us signing Moulds all over again only to let him go after one season.
You will see more of Taylor, but since basically every team in the NFL passed on him last year, do you think that it is better to have a little insurance if the undrafted rookie doesn't turn into the pot of gold everyone thinks he will be?

Taylor will get some carries and needs to earn his spot. In the meantime, I'd rather have real NFL players on my team competing and pushing the young talent to get better.

I like the Green acquisition, I think it is a good two year deal.
Old 03-05-2007   #18
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Congratulations, think with a condom on your head next time. We are all dumber from having read this.
Old 03-05-2007   #19
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
You will see more of Taylor, but since basically every team in the NFL passed on him last year, do you think that it is better to have a little insurance if the undrafted rookie doesn't turn into the pot of gold everyone thinks he will be?

Taylor will get some carries and needs to earn his spot. In the meantime, I'd rather have real NFL players on my team competing and pushing the young talent to get better.

I like the Green acquisition, I think it is a good two year deal.
Well while Taylor is earning his spot as I recall Dayne was doing a pretty good job. I had no problem keeping him as our starter while Lundy and Taylor worked out their youngster issues.
Old 03-05-2007   #20
kcwilson
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
Well while Taylor is earning his spot as I recall Dayne was doing a pretty good job. I had no problem keeping him as our starter while Lundy and Taylor worked out their youngster issues.
The "Hey Kool-aid" guy is probably available as well.

Dayne isn't the threat that Ahman Green is.... unless we are talking about the safety of donuts.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read