Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2007   #1
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jared Zabransky named to cover of NCAA football 08

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?id=jared

Quote:
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - March 2, 2007 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that former Boise State University quarterback and Tostitos Fiesta Bowl MVP Jared Zabransky will appear on the cover of NCAA® Football 08 , scheduled for release this summer under the EA SPORTS™ brand. Developed by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 08 will be available on the PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, and Xbox® and Xbox 360™ video game systems from Microsoft.

“This has been a magical season for me and seeing my face on the cover of NCAA Football 08 is yet another unforgettable moment in what has already been a great year,” said Zabransky. “This video game truly embodies the spirit of college football and I'm very proud to be a part of it.”

Zabransky led Boise State to an undefeated season this year and most recently to a 43-42 overtime victory against Oklahoma at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl in what some call one of the most exhilarating games in college football history. At the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, he completed 19-of-29 passes for 262 yards and will most likely be remembered for perfectly executing the Statue of Liberty play to win the game. In three seasons as the starting quarterback, Zabransky compiled a 33-5 record and was named a semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien and Maxwell Awards this past season.

In NCAA Football 08 , players will look to be a leader and become a legend on the field. With all-new Leadership Control, players now lead by example and control the action on the field and can increase their sphere of influence by improving their players' personal ratings on each big play. For the first time on Xbox 360 and PS3, the game will feature a new and deeper recruiting system and an all-new Campus Legend mode. NCAA Football 08 is everything that's great about college football.
I thought Calvin would be the guy...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jared Zabransky named to cover of NCAA football 08

That's dumb.
Old 03-05-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love Zabransky in the 7th. The kid helped his team do the improbable in one of the greatest bowl games ever with a little razzle dazzle.
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Chris Leak over Zabransky to be on the cover...I mean nobody saw that performance by Florida over OSU...
Old 03-05-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

McFadden will be all over that next year.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
McFadden will be all over that next year.
Thats what i thought of CJ this year...
Old 03-05-2007   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

For you photoshop junkies, here's the link for the template...

http://www.easports.com/ncaa08/
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I thought it was a fine choice. The guy led Boise State to one of their best years in their college history. The only team I believe to end the season 13-0.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I thought it was a fine choice. The guy led Boise State to one of their best years in their college history. The only team I believe to end the season 13-0.
i'm buying it. this guy's better than a 7th rounder, imo. but then again, i could care less who's on the cover. Hunter Cantwell could be on the cover, it doesn't matter.
Old 03-05-2007   #10
TexansCanes
All Pro

i was suurprised when i first heard, but i kind of like it, it's a change of pace over the last couple of years. kind of the perfect year to have a smaller school guy on the cover. what sucks though, is that they put the statue of liberty play in the game and the CPU will run it 5 times a game.
Old 03-05-2007   #11
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes View Post
i was suurprised when i first heard, but i kind of like it, it's a change of pace over the last couple of years. kind of the perfect year to have a smaller school guy on the cover. what sucks though, is that they put the statue of liberty play in the game and the CPU will run it 5 times a game.
I am afraid of that as well. Also wondering as to how the AI will react to the play.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Old 03-05-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a cool choice. Doesn't matter to me who's on the cover though. Good honor for him though. They should put him doing the Statue of Liberty play on there though.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #14
Ckw

He deserves it. Give me one quarterback over the last three years with a better record. Maybe there is one, but as far as I know, Zabransky has been great and he topped it all off with a great performance against Oklahoma and then a great combine. He made Boise State the football Cinderella story!
Old 03-06-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love it. the best part about that game is taking a small team from some MAC school and turning them into champions. perfect cover athlete.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i love it. the best part about that game is taking a small team from some MAC school and turning them into champions. perfect cover athlete.
Don't the MAC have a pretty decent record of putting out Good NFL QBs??
Old 03-06-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah...what's that have to do with anything.
Old 03-06-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
yeah...what's that have to do with anything.
I was just asking..
Old 03-06-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

ah okay.
Old 03-06-2007   #20
common_fan
Rookie

Quote:
I always thought that Boise State was from the WAC.?.?
common_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read