Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default No AP/BQ in this mock

with the green addition, i want to see us ink ken hamlin, with that said...

1) LaRon Landry or Reggie Nelson
2) Robert Meacham or Ryan Kalil
3) Kevin Kolb or Tim Crowder

i think the best case scenario would be to get hamlin and landry, nothing beats a better defensive secondary...i think meacham will be gone, but i hope he falls, then Kalil would still be a great selection. Kevin Kolb, im a homer i want him on this team ( i think he'll go in round two though)...crowder would be a nice snag if he's still on the board
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No AP/BQ in this mock

That would be a pretty sweet secondary ...but if we sign Hamlin...i think we should go DL w/ Okoye or Branch.

If either one of Meachem or Kalil are there they'd be a good pick.

I wouldn't spend an 8 on Nelson anymore....combine bug hit me.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
Sportsfan
All Pro

Man i hope they take Landry. That guy can come in and make an instant impact i believe. Our defense will be feared.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Freeder
Rookie

When will this message board realize Adrian Peterson's nickname is NOT AP???? It's suppose to be "AD"....as in "he runs ALL DAY"

FREEDER
Freeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to assume that "the message board" is using the man's initials.

Old 03-05-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeder View Post
When will this message board realize Adrian Peterson's nickname is NOT AP???? It's suppose to be "AD"....as in "he runs ALL DAY"

FREEDER
you're right his nickname isn't AP....it is AD

but his initials are AP not AD....Adrian Peterson.

It's just a matter of preference although it can be very confusing. I choose to write AP, so if that causes any inconvenience I apologize.

Calvin Johnson= CJ
Jamarcus Russell= JR
etc.
Old 03-05-2007   #7
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
you're right his nickname isn't AP....it is AD

but his initials are AP not AD....Adrian Peterson.

It's just a matter of preference although it can be very confusing. I choose to write AP, so if that causes any inconvenience I apologize.

Calvin Johnson= CJ
Jamarcus Russell= JR
etc.
Yeah honestly....insisting on putting AD is just retarded. I mean it has no point but to add confusion. It isn't like it shortens it or anything. That being said....I'm pushing for Okeye.....but Landry will do.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2007   #8
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

What is with people not including certain players. You never know what can happen in a draft. I feel AD and BQ should be in a mock draft as much as anybody else.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #9
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX View Post
Yeah honestly....insisting on putting AD is just retarded. I mean it has no point but to add confusion. It isn't like it shortens it or anything. That being said....I'm pushing for Okeye.....but Landry will do.
AD is what he was called all through high school and college. When someone would speak about him, they referred to him as either AD, All Day, Peterson, or Adrian Peterson, but not once did I hear him called by AP even though they are his initials. At least not until reading it on the message boards.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I never really followed him untill his freshman year in college. and at that didn't get to watch a lot of big 12 games. for those that are fans of his (not that i dislike him one bit..) i have no problem them calling him AD or all day...after all didn't his mom give him that nickname when he was like 2?

when i talk about him i always say peterson or adrian peterson...it's just when writing on the MB's do I write AP...because it's just shorthand instead of having to write his whole name out.

I do get frustrated though when the AD/All Day crowd get angry because others write AP. Especially for those that arent as familiar with him it seems like more of a generic shorthand.

all i have to say is AP can go All Day baby! lol
Old 03-06-2007   #11
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
AD is what he was called all through high school and college. When someone would speak about him, they referred to him as either AD, All Day, Peterson, or Adrian Peterson, but not once did I hear him called by AP even though they are his initials. At least not until reading it on the message boards.
Oh I know its his nick name's initials. It just seems to add more confusion than it's worth. Considering they are so close to his real initials. But hey....its a free country and i'm not knocking it. I get who it is....just some others may not.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #12
Ckw

Back to the subject at hand. I personally think that if we get Hamlin, there is no point is going secondary in the first round. We could either go defensive line (Okoye, Anderson, or Branch) or offensive line (Levi Brown/Joe Thomas (if by some miracle he is available)). The only other scenario is to trade down, I'm not sure what we could get (maybe you guys can help me with ideas), and pick up a CB. At least we have a lot of things we can do. I have faith in our FO that we will do what will best help us now and in the future.
Old 03-06-2007   #13
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
We could either go defensive line (Okoye, Anderson, or Branch) or offensive line (Levi Brown/Joe Thomas (if by some miracle he is available)). The only other scenario is to trade down, I'm not sure what we could get (maybe you guys can help me with ideas), and pick up a CB.
if we're trading down, i'd try to nab Patrick Willis or Justin Blalock. Look at some of Willis' videos on youtube and think of him paired w/ meco! now, if we got NE's 2 1st rounders, we could pick up guard help with blalock being a monster.

but, that all being said, at 8. Landry > Nelson. Kalil > Mechem. Kolb > Crowder.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #14
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Has Hamblin been invited to Htown? I have not seen anything on it.
Old 03-06-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
well now he's AP. so there ya go.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #16
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
well now he's AP. so there ya go.
only to a small amount of posters that don't know much about him.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather see a mock without Kolb than one without Peterson or Quinn.
Old 03-06-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
only to a small amount of posters that don't know much about him.
or maybe they just want to call him AP. it DOES make more sense. plus it sounds better than AD.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #19
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

AD, is that a disorder? Thats what I think of. Huh? Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #20
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Well he isent in HS of College anymore so he has to be called AP untill he proves himself.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read