Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-05-2007   #1
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thomas Jones to the Jets

I just saw that snippet on Sportscenter. It was for a swap of 2nd rounders. I guess the Benson era has begun.

Last edited by dtran04; 03-05-2007 at 05:49 PM.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

Default Re: Thomas Jones to the Jets

i think the jets got themselves a hella deal
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
ryansisgod
Veteran

look for the jets to make a legit run next year, that might be their final piece.
Old 03-05-2007   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY View Post
i think the jets got themselves a hella deal
Same here. I think the Bears could have gotten a lot better of a deal. But say the Bears get a 3rd round pick, if you look on the pick value chart the Bears got a good end of the deal.
Old 03-05-2007   #5
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Same here. I think the Bears could have gotten a lot better of a deal. But say the Bears get a 3rd round pick, if you look on the pick value chart the Bears got a good end of the deal.

That's funny, I think the Jets just stole him from the Bears. That is a pretty valuable known commodity to land for basically a few spots on the draft. Granted it is 25 spots or so, but still... they keep picks relatively constant and add a quality RB. Good deal by the Jets' GM.
Old 03-05-2007   #6
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

i would have exchanged our 2nd round picks for him in a heartbeat, and then use the money we spent oh ahman to reel in jeff garcia
Most Improved- Juwan Howard
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets definitely got the better end of this deal.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
baba ganoush
Veteran

now, if the jets can real in asante samuel, i think they have a legit shot at the superbowl
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
i would have exchanged our 2nd round picks for him in a heartbeat, and then use the money we spent oh ahman to reel in jeff garcia
I think the deal with Jones is that his contract is up after this yr and he is going to want a big payday....meaning either the Jets re-sign him now....or risk losing him after the year....he will probably want more than Travis Henry got....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
now, if the jets can real in asante samuel, i think they have a legit shot at the superbowl
Samuel was franchised by the Patriots.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
I think the deal with Jones is that his contract is up after this yr and he is going to want a big payday....meaning either the Jets re-sign him now....or risk losing him after the year....he will probably want more than Travis Henry got....
That's the downside for the Jets.

The upside is that they have him for a year and they still have a 2nd round pick (the one they traded to the Bears was acquired from Washington in a prior deal).

Washington is cementing themselves into the cellar for years to come. They have the 6th pick overall but then nothing else until the 5th round.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
what so you could then whine and complain about how we signed what 37 year old vet and we have people screaming murder for a 30 year old RB. Apply the same logic you'd prolly use to sign Garcia and insert Greeen's name and position.
Old 03-06-2007   #13
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thomas to the Jets for a 2nd round pick.

With alot of people on this MB complaining about the Green signing my question is would you have rather give up a 2nd for Thomas or keep Green I say was a good pick up.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #14
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
That's funny, I think the Jets just stole him from the Bears. That is a pretty valuable known commodity to land for basically a few spots on the draft. Granted it is 25 spots or so, but still... they keep picks relatively constant and add a quality RB. Good deal by the Jets' GM.
I agree. I cannot beleive the Bears made this trade. I wonder if it was a salary cap issue or if there is more to this than we know...
Old 03-06-2007   #15
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets | Team signs Thomas to extension
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:28:19 -0800

The New York Jets have signed RB Thomas Jones to an extension. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

NY cleaned house on thsi one, curious to see what the extension is for.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #16
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

4 yr 20 mil extension 12 guaranteed
Old 03-06-2007   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Why couldn't we do this? Ahman Green is a great pick up, but Thomas Jones is younger, and is starting his prime, not closing it out.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #18
SESupergenius

Vinny use to be pretty high on Jones when he left the Cards. I actually have come around to think that he's could very well be a good back in the right situation. The Jets might have done good here.
Old 03-07-2007   #19
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Why couldn't we do this? Ahman Green is a great pick up, but Thomas Jones is younger, and is starting his prime, not closing it out.
Yeah, I mean Jones being 16 months younger makes him so worth doubel teh quarantied money!!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007   #20
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

An interesting comparison of Green and Jones from last year:

Link

I like that we didn't tie up the amount of guaranteed money that Henry and Jones received.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read