Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Top Receiver in each division.

This could be an interesting debate...one position we may be looking to draft in either this year or next years draft would be WR.

Who do you think is the top receiver in each division? I'll start a few...

Big XII- Limas Sweed? The Ok St. Receiver?
SEC- I'd say Robert Meachem then maybe Dwayne Bowe?
Big 10- I think Mario Manningham is awesome...but am gonna have to go w/ Ginn Jr.
Pac 10- Dwayne Jarrett?
ACC- hands down Calvin Johnson

i don't know much about the WR in big 12 or pac 10 this year...please shed some light.

We may be inclined to select a WR that drops to us in the 2nd round this year. Next year there should be some good receivers too.

and so forth
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top Receiver in each division.

Pac 10- Desean Jackson...Cal?
Old 03-05-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I've been talking NFL too long. Let me clear that up..lol but i think you get the point.

top receiver in each CONFERENCE. my bad
Old 03-05-2007   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Big 12- Probably Sweed, and I am an OU fan.
Big 10- Ginn or Manningham
SEC- Meachem
ACC- No doubt Calvin Johnson
Pac 10- Dwayne Jarrett

On a side note, this guy may be a sleeper:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=146954
http://www.indstate.edu/athletic/foo.../12-28-06.html
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
DMars87
Rookie

yea, i would go with Jackson or Jarrett, USC, for your Pac 10 slot
DMars87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

lol okay i guess there isn't much debate there....

How about BEST OVERALL PLAYER IN EACH CONFERENCE for 2007 draft??!!!

Big 12= Adrian Peterson
Big 10=Joe Thomas
ACC=Calvin Johnson
SEC=Laron Landry
Pac 10= I'd go Marshawn Lynch over Dwayne Jarrett...who else in pac10?

hmm I think this thread ends up being a dead end real soon.
Old 03-05-2007   #7
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

The best player in the Big 10 this year was troy smith. The Heisman is awarded to the best player, and it wasn't even close this year.
Old 03-05-2007   #8
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

My second round sleeper is Steve Smith.

We're seeing all these freakishly huge yet fast wide receivers coming out of college, but when you look at the all-time greats at that position you find a bunch of 6 foot tall guys who are always open because they run precise routes and never take a play off. You find a bunch of guys who have good but not stellar speed that catch (almost) everything thrown their way.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Sidney Rice is the best WR in the SEC IMO...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
The best player in the Big 10 this year was troy smith. The Heisman is awarded to the best player, and it wasn't even close this year.
True good point....I'll buy that. guess I shouldn't have overlooked him.
Old 03-05-2007   #11
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

I don't know, I don't think its really fair to add offensive lineman to the mix. It's too hard to compare.
Old 03-05-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
This could be an interesting debate...one position we may be looking to draft in either this year or next years draft would be WR.

Who do you think is the top receiver in each division? I'll start a few...

Big XII- Limas Sweed? The Ok St. Receiver?
SEC- I'd say Robert Meachem then maybe Dwayne Bowe?
Big 10- I think Mario Manningham is awesome...but am gonna have to go w/ Ginn Jr.
Pac 10- Dwayne Jarrett?
ACC- hands down Calvin Johnson

i don't know much about the WR in big 12 or pac 10 this year...please shed some light.

We may be inclined to select a WR that drops to us in the 2nd round this year. Next year there should be some good receivers too.

and so forth
Big XII - Billy Pittman
Big 10 - Adrian Arrington
ACC- Chansi Stuckey
Pac-10 - Patrick Turner
Big East - Mario Urrutia (i'm being serious with this one.haha)

OK, so I was joking about the first 4.
Old 03-05-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Big East - Mario Urrutia (i'm being serious with this one.haha)
I like him, he's gonna be good.
Old 03-05-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
I like him, he's gonna be good.
He's coming out this year, right? If he is, it's odd I haven't heard anything about him.
Old 03-05-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

no, i believe he's a sophomore. what's the situation in louisville now? new coach and all...Brohm's leaving next year...i wonder if urrutia would leave early next year.
Old 03-05-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=169217

#7 Mario Urrutia - sophomore- 6'6 228 lbs.

whoa. i'd like to know how fast he is.
Old 03-05-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
no, i believe he's a sophomore. what's the situation in louisville now? new coach and all...Brohm's leaving next year...i wonder if urrutia would leave early next year.
From what I hear, Kragthorpe is installing more of a pro-type offense in Louisville. They're gonna have a good #1 receiver in Urrutia and 2 good backs in Smith and Stripling. I wouldn't be surprised if Urrutia took off next season either. He's got a chance to be a 1st rounder if he has an awesome year.
Old 03-06-2007   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83329 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

ACC - Calvin Johnson (GTU)
Big 12 - Limas Sweed (UT)
Big East - Mario Urrutia (LOU)
Big 10 - Ted Ginn (OSU)
Conference USA - Aundrae Allison (ECU)
MAC - Eric Deslauriers (EMU)
Mountain West - Brian Hernandez (Utah)
Pac 10 - Jason Hill (WSU)
SEC - Dwayne Bowe (LSU)
Sun Belt - Johnny Quinn (UNT)
WAC - Paul Williams (FS)

Last edited by bah007; 03-07-2007 at 04:21 PM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read