Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default whats the next move?

I believe that Ahman was a good pick up and im stoked about Andre restructuring his contract...now i think we should put the majority of our free agents money into signing Ken Hamlin, and then get others for depth...what do yall think should be next???
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: whats the next move?

That would be neat if we signed Ken Hamlin. If we didn't, we should definitely draft Landry NOT Quinn. If we did sign Hamlin, we should draft Levi Brown or trade down and get Darrelle Revis. Ken Hamlin & Cooper Carlisle are the only FA signings I could see.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
That would be neat if we signed Ken Hamlin. If we didn't, we should definitely draft Landry NOT Quinn. If we did sign Hamlin, we should draft Levi Brown or trade down and get Darrelle Revis. Ken Hamlin & Cooper Carlisle are the only FA signings I could see.
Ok why not Quinn?
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

1. Can't win the big game
2. Defense Wins Championships
3. LaRon Landry could very well be the next Ed Reed / Brian Dawkins.
4. FS is a bigger priority than QB
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Old 03-05-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
Ok why not Quinn?
Gun shy.....

"fool me once, shame on you: Mr. Carr, Mr. Couch, and other highly drafted QB's."
"fool me twice, shame on me."

I also get this feeling in the pit of my stomach, that Quinn is the next Rick Mirer.
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see them sign an o-linesman and another d-back.
Old 03-05-2007   #7
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
1. Can't win the big game
2. Defense Wins Championships
3. LaRon Landry could very well be the next Ed Reed / Brian Dawkins.
4. FS is a bigger priority than QB
1) Teams win games, not individual players
2) Teams win championships, not overrated cliches or one side of the ball
3) Brady Quinn could very well be the next really good QB
4) I'm not sure that's true... QB is the most important position on the field
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

We need help in our secondary.. especially in our division.

Landry would be prefferable to me than Quinn. Now, if Russell was available, that would be a more difficult decision to make.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
1) Teams win games, not individual players
2) Teams win championships, not overrated cliches or one side of the ball
3) Brady Quinn could very well be the next really good QB
In addition, I wasn't very impressed with Notre Dame's schedule in 2006 either:
Opponent
at Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan
at Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
UCLA
at Navy
North Carolina
at Air Force
Army
at USC

Couldn't they fit the Coast Guard Academy on their schedule??
Old 03-05-2007   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't follow college football, but I keep hearing that next year's draft will be a great time to get a QB. We also have a lot of needs, particularly DBs, O-linemen, and OLBs, so I think we should wait on the QB situation.

Nothing really against Quinn, but I don't want him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #11
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
On the Texans. For the Texans, FS is a bigger priority than QB.
Old 03-05-2007   #12
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Notre Dame played one of the 20 toughest schedules in the country last year, by almost any measure you use. Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA... that's a deep collection of talented teams. Did they have their weak wins in there? Absolutely - just like Texas has its wins over Sam Houston State, North Texas, Rice, Baylor, etc. It's college football - every team has 3-5 automatic wins per season.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
On the Texans. For the Texans, FS is a bigger priority than QB.

I'm not sure that I would necessarily agree FS is a bigger priority than other positions, but I agree with your premise that there are glaring holes that need to be addressed ASAP before the QB position.

Thats not to say, that the QB position doesn't need to be addressed because it does. I would just rather draft a QB later on and bring him along over the next couple of seasons. Not invest a high draft choice - AGAIN on a QB.
Old 03-05-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Notre Dame played one of the 20 toughest schedules in the country last year, by almost any measure you use. Michigan, USC, Michigan State, Georgia Tech, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA... that's a deep collection of talented teams. Did they have their weak wins in there? Absolutely - just like Texas has its wins over Sam Houston State, North Texas, Rice, Baylor, etc. It's college football - every team has 3-5 automatic wins per season.
Last time I checked, Michigan State was firing their head coach, USC and Michigan spanked Notre Dame, Penn State was nothing to write home to momma about, they squeaked by Georgia Tech and picked on the military acadamies - giving them a 10-2 record.. Again, I will say that I am not impressed.

Now, their bowl against LSU and Jamarcus Russell.....Result: OWNED

I beleive there are others on here who feel like Notre Dame is over rated year after year, and many times their players are swept up in the hype machine. I beleive this to be the case with Rick Mirer.......errrrr Brady Quinn.

September
Sept. 2 Notre Dame 14, Georgia Tech 10
Sept. 9 Notre Dame 41, Penn St. 17
Sept. 16 Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21
Sept. 23 Notre Dame 40, Michigan St. 37
Sept. 30 Notre Dame 35, Purdue 21
October
Oct. 7 Notre Dame 31, Stanford 10
Oct. 21 Notre Dame 20, UCLA 17
Oct. 28 Notre Dame 38, Navy 14
November
Nov. 4 Notre Dame 45, North Carolina 26
Nov. 11 Notre Dame 39, Air Force 17
Nov. 18 Notre Dame 41, Army 9
Nov. 25 Southern Cal 44, Notre Dame 24
2007 Schedule/Results
January
Jan. 3 LSU 41, Notre Dame 14
Old 03-05-2007   #15
SuperMario
Rookie

We signed WR Charlie Adams.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511
SuperMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #16
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I beleive this to be the case with Rick Mirer.......errrrr Brady Quinn.
Yes, because Rick Mirer's the only ND QB to play in the NFL.
Old 03-05-2007   #17
ryansisgod
Veteran

someone here said that we tried to trade for Joey Porter, so im hoping we go after him, i hope he hasn't signed with someone yet.
Old 03-05-2007   #18
amazingandre
All Pro

ND has a whole lost to those teams....i dont know if you watched the games at all???? but there defense sucked horribly......brady quinn did a great job and he did his part.....his defense and offensive surroundings werent that stout.....we need a qb that is better than hand-off material......so dont compare brady quinn s team to another team...its not a realistic comparision....
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #19
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure that I would necessarily agree FS is a bigger priority than other positions, but I agree with your premise that there are glaring holes that need to be addressed ASAP before the QB position.

Thats not to say, that the QB position doesn't need to be addressed because it does. I would just rather draft a QB later on and bring him along over the next couple of seasons. Not invest a high draft choice - AGAIN on a QB.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Landry could be awesome, we need to stay where we are and draft him-or trade down-. I wouldn't be bothered at all if Drew Stanton or Kevin Kolb sat and watched for a year or two. Just because a QB isn't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean that he would suck. Draft Stanton / Kolb in the 3rd / 4th and let Kubiak "groom" him.
Old 03-05-2007   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: whats the next move?

Quote:
In addition, I wasn't very impressed with Notre Dame's schedule in 2006 either:
Opponent
at Georgia Tech
Penn State
Michigan
at Michigan State
Purdue
Stanford
UCLA
at Navy
North Carolina
at Air Force
Army
at USC

Couldn't they fit the Coast Guard Academy on their schedule??
Somehow, when the experts bash Quinn, they NEVER mention my Buckeyes. AJ Hawk Destroyed Quinn in the 2006 Fiest Bowl, and Quinn looked like Smith in the Nat'l Championship.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read