Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2007   #1
marv800
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 marv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden covermarv800 could be on the next Madden cover
Default Stop referring to this period as "Rebuilding Years"

Rebuilding suggests that you are reassemling a team from a past era of success where the players that comprised a team were once the reference standard.

We have not yet tasted success. We have never had a great person at QB, FB, LT, RT, RG, LG, etc.

If these are rebuilding years, then I don;t think I want to see what we are rebuilding to.
marv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Re: Stop referring to this period as "Rebuilding Years"

this public service announcement brought to you by marv
Old 03-05-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I get your point i think. Are you saying since we've never been good..we're not rebuilding but rather still building? i'll agree to that.

But i will say i refer to it as rebuilding simply because we have a new regime in. The old construction crew built up a house that was sub standard and probably against certain codes..lol. Now kubiak and Smith have been hired as our new construction builders and are taking down all the rotten....very expensive pieces of wood/ "support beems" that infact do absolutely nothing but bring down the value of the house. Because of that they have to pretty much take it all apart....Lay Down a new foundation (scheme...strategy..) and take those parts we've kept and start rebuilding it up.

I think we're going to have a pretty sweet "house" when it's all said and done. They are BUILDING it correctly and to the highest standards in the industry.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post
Rebuilding suggests that you are reassemling a team from a past era of success where the players that comprised a team were once the reference standard.

We have not yet tasted success. We have never had a great person at QB, FB, LT, RT, RG, LG, etc.

If these are rebuilding years, then I don;t think I want to see what we are rebuilding to.
By Man Law I am entitled to call this a rebuilding year.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I get your point i think. Are you saying since we've never been good..we're not rebuilding but rather still building? i'll agree to that.

But i will say i refer to it as rebuilding simply because we have a new regime in. The old construction crew built up a house that was sub standard and probably against certain codes..lol. Now kubiak and Smith have been hired as our new construction builders and are taking down all the rotten....very expensive pieces of wood/ "support beems" that infact do absolutely nothing but bring down the value of the house. Because of that they have to pretty much take it all apart....Lay Down a new foundation (scheme...strategy..) and take those parts we've kept and start rebuilding it up.

I think we're going to have a pretty sweet "house" when it's all said and done. They are BUILDING it correctly and to the highest standards in the industry.
haha good one, well said.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
LOL, "Don't fruit the beer"
Old 03-05-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Please cite the precedence.
Old 03-05-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
LOL, "Don't fruit the beer"
They lost me on that one. Ice cold Tecate and lime on a hot July day the only way to go.

Agreed old Miss. The fact is and I looked it up for something else the other day, there was a void of tallent in the 2002 and 2003 draft at key "franchise" positions. I think most of us understand that. If we were all "Edgar Casey's" we'd of taken Peppers with the #1 instead of David Carr in 2002 , and started to build the lines in 2003. From that fact...you cannot build anything if there is basicaly nothing there to build with....we're rebuilding. They draft is a cycle thing. We just happened to come into the league on a couple of bad tallent drafts. And we had a front office tring to make chicken salad out of...well you know the rest. But yes, we're rebuilding. Sorry about that.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 03-05-2007 at 02:34 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
afcman
Veteran

How about "starting over" ?
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
How about "starting over" ?
I'll go with starting over.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #11
coachemup
Rookie

Talking Re: Stop referring to this period as "Rebuilding Years"

how 'bout "Mulligans"?
coachemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv800 View Post

This team isn't "rebuilding". We haven't even been built properly. I prefer the phrase "building".
Old 03-05-2007   #13
real

Rebuilding doesn't mean that the team had past success...

All it means is that you're RE-building...which is exactly what we're doing...

We built it.....it was ugly...

So now we're going to RE-build it, and hopefully do it right...

Our team is being re-built...
Old 03-05-2007   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Look it's as simple as this. If you start building something (and we did start building something in 2002) but you built it wrong because the investor doesn't know anything about building, your architect can't draw a set of plans to save his life, and your contractors just got their job because all the good ones were busy when you started then it's perfectly acceptable to say that we need to rebuild this pile of manure.

We're rebuilding because everything we built so far doesn't meet code.
Old 03-05-2007   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Gold jacket, green jacket..... who gives a _____.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #16
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Gold jacket, green jacket..... who gives a _____.
No kidding! What does it say about us that there's a thread about THIS.

Hey I just found this......I don't think it violates the rules. If it does I'm sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75dvOAucJ8
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if it's called rebuilding, starting over, etc... I just want us to have a winning team and long-term success.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcman View Post
No kidding! What does it say about us that there's a thread about THIS.

Hey I just found this......I don't think it violates the rules. If it does I'm sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75dvOAucJ8

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
They lost me on that one. Ice cold Tecate and lime on a hot July day the only way to go.
That sounds good...nothing like a corona and lime...i was a little disappointed when the said that. Then I realized its miller lite, and corona is a 'competitor' so i thought it was pretty darn funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachemup View Post
how 'bout "Mulligans"?
That's a good one.lol Except our mulligans cost about $5 mill each!
Old 03-05-2007   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever you call it, it's still the same thing. We're trying to become a winning franchise and we aren't one right now. Call it "rose" if you want, it's still just finding guys that can play and putting them in a position to do it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read