Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2007   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Green signing one of best according to Fox Sports

I, for one, am happy with this pick. It gives the Texans a proven back and of course, veteran leadership. Price was a little too high but time will tell if the Texans will get their return on investment.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6530632
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green signing one of best according to Fox Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I, for one, am happy with this pick. It gives the Texans a proven back and of course, veteran leadership. Price was a little too high but time will tell if the Texans will get their return on investment.

Thanks for sharing, but it certainly shows most of these pundits do not understand the business. He mentions the contract, but not the signing bonus which is the real key for these FA signings.
Old 03-05-2007   #3
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
Price was a little too high but time will tell if the Texans will get their return on investment.
I truely hope he kicks ***** for us.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

From the link above:

Quote:
5. Ahman Green to Houston — He told us he had the Texans as one of his top choices and the Texans needed a veteran presence at running back. Green knows line coach Mike Sherman well from their days together in Green Bay and will enter camp healthier than he has been in years. I know some feel the four-year, $23 million contact was too much, but I think it will pay dividends on the field and in the locker room this year.
I think this team still needs veteran presence at just about every position. Of course, Adam Schein is the same Fox guy who thinks the Texans shouldn't give up on David Carr. So what does he know?
Old 03-05-2007   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

He also puts AJ's name in the same sentence as Marvin Harrison.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Thanks for sharing, but it certainly shows most of these pundits do not understand the business. He mentions the contract, but not the signing bonus which is the real key for these FA signings.
Exactly. The signing bonus was prohibitively low especially by Texans standards and seemed to be that Ahman WANTED to come to Houston. I think it could end up being one of the best signings in the NFL this offseason.

Even if we are forced to witness yet another season of pathetic QB play, we can at least take solace that we have a pretty damn good stable of RBs and an OL that can open some holes.

'Batman' just hit the tarmac in Houston. Here is to him having much success as a Houston Texan.
Old 03-05-2007   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Well... you just did it too...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Exactly. The signing bonus was prohibitively low especially by Texans standards and seemed to be that Ahman WANTED to come to Houston. I think it could end up being one of the best signings in the NFL this offseason.

Even if we are forced to witness yet another season of pathetic QB play, we can at least take solace that we have a pretty damn good stable of RBs and an OL that can open some holes.

'Batman' just hit the tarmac in Houston. Here is to him having much success as a Houston Texan.
As someone who believes Carr is a 3-4 million QB, at best, I am elated that we have an accomplished veteran at RB to help out are challenged QB.
Old 03-05-2007   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As someone who believes Carr is a 3-4 million QB, at best, I am elated that we have an accomplished veteran at RB to help out are challenged QB.
Well KT I for one am going to be tantalized to see how long the KT line holds on Ahmen there. That is going to be one of my little dramas playing out the next two seasons. I look forward to it. Going to be a hoot.
Old 03-05-2007   #10
jdm12
Rookie

Quote:
Good point. You took the words right off my keyboard.

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Peter King didnt like it in his MMQB.

But what does Peter know. The only deals he liked were Adalius Thomas and Shaun O'Hara.

This is 2007 King! Not 1997.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

I don't like it, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. Just hope his two games out last year due to a previous injury doesn't multiply while here with us this season. *sigh* I hope Lundy is able to step it up this year if he does end up being another highly-paid player riding the pine.
I swear, if we did this so we can pass on Lynch and draft Quinn, I'm gonna kick this computer desk.
Old 03-05-2007   #13
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Peter King didnt like it in his MMQB.

But what does Peter know. The only deals he liked were Adalius Thomas and Shaun O'Hara.

This is 2007 King! Not 1997.
Peter King also thinks Randy Moss is going to, and should, stay in Oakland.

Plain silly.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well KT I for one am going to be tantalized to see how long the KT line holds on Ahmen there. That is going to be one of my little dramas playing out the next two seasons. I look forward to it. Going to be a hoot.
I'll be here to spar with you brutha. Like Mayo said in an Officer and a Gentleman, "I got nowhere else to go!"
Old 03-05-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll be here to spar with you brutha. Like Mayo said in an Officer and a Gentleman, "I got nowhere else to go!"
I'm not going to have to spare anthing...ahmen's thirty year old legs will do all the work for me.
Old 03-05-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*cough* did we just quote a line from Officer and a Gentlemen?? This indeed is going to be a loooooooooooong offseason.... lol
Old 03-05-2007   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
AJ was voted the best WR in the NFL by the Players Union (ie, the players).
Old 03-05-2007   #18
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i'm intruiged with the signing. unless we are totally remodeling the run game, because i'm still trying to figure out wherre dd is going to fit in all of this.
Old 03-05-2007   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
AJ was voted the best WR in the NFL by the Players Union (ie, the players).
I think it was the NFL Alumni.
Old 03-05-2007   #20
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post

Stuart Scott of ESPN called him "the prettiest open field runner in the league." If he can stay healthy, he can turn into an excellent signing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read