Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2007   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default We already have our starting QB next year...

Why is everyone crying over Plummer, Garcia, and all the trash on the FA market? None of those guys are long term solutions anyway.

IMO I think Carr will be traded for a draft pick. Probably a 4th, maybe a 3rd if we're lucky. And Sage Rosenfels will be our starter next year. He's already familiar with the system and played well when given the chance last year.

Then we draft a QB this year to groom for the future. Possibly Kevin Kolb or Drew Stanton. I could even see a slim possibility of us taking Quinn with our #8 pick if he's there.

But again, why give up any picks or money for a "scab" QB?

And using this rational it makes perfect sense why we are looking at Patrick Ramsey. He would be brought here to be Sage's backup as we groom the rookie.
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We already have our starting QB next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr View Post
Why is everyone crying over Plummer, Garcia, and all the trash on the FA market? None of those guys are long term solutions anyway.

IMO I think Carr will be traded for a draft pick. Probably a 4th, maybe a 3rd if we're lucky. And Sage Rosenfels will be our starter next year. He's already familiar with the system and played well when given the chance last year.

Then we draft a QB this year to groom for the future. Possibly Kevin Kolb or Drew Stanton. I could even see a slim possibility of us taking Quinn with our #8 pick if he's there.

But again, why give up any picks or money for a "scab" QB?

And using this rational it makes perfect sense why we are looking at Patrick Ramsey. He would be brought here to be Sage's backup as we groom the rookie.
We were never going to give up any picks. Hence the reason Plummer is not a Texan.
Old 03-05-2007   #3
jdm12
Rookie

After the combine it was widely reported that AP will not be there for us to take at 8. If that is the case, I see no reason not to take Quinn. I would prefer we grab a LT in the 1st round and then a QB like Kolb in the 2nd or Stanton in the 3rd.

JMO,

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm12 View Post
After the combine it was widely reported that AP will not be there for us to take at 8. If that is the case, I see no reason not to take Quinn. I would prefer we grab a LT in the 1st round and then a QB like Kolb in the 2nd or Stanton in the 3rd.

JMO,

J
I agree. I think you meant Stanton in the 2nd and Kolb in the 3rd or 4th.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

If Carr is eventually traded I would have no problem drafting Quinn and signing Ramsey. Both Ramsey and Quinn will provide real competition for Sage though.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Rosenfels has thrown for all of a thousand yards in his career.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #7
TheRealX9
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TheRealX9

well you cant blame everything on david, and people thinking rosenfels as a starter? you're on crack.
TheRealX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
afcman
Veteran

I have a real bad feeling about Quinn. I saw plenty of games this last year. Two I taped and watched again this past weekend. Who knows, he may work out in the long run. If he's still there for our pick we may indeed grab him. Kubiak was at his workout.

But I have not seen anything that made me jump up and say, 'man I hope we get HIM."

And I too will not be surprised to see Sage this next season.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
jdm12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I agree. I think you meant Stanton in the 2nd and Kolb in the 3rd or 4th.

Correct, it was a type-o.

KJ3,

I have not completely ruled David out as still being here. You are right, he is the best we have. Even if we draft a QB, that will still be the case. I have no problem with him continuing to play if he is the best we have. Especially since we know Kubes will yank him if he is not performing.

I see no reason in ruining another QB by throwing a rookie into the fire.

J
jdm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
the seat is very, very hot and if nothing else he knows now that people's opinions are shifting
I think Kubiak's seat is very hot. It may not be fair but I bet he feels the pressure. I'd say he's got a 2 yr window to make improvements. It's just reality.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #11
texans83
All Pro

No to Sage as our starting QB. You know there is a reason why he is a back up.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be happy going into the '07 season with Sage as our starter and Quinn/Kolb/etc as our backup.

Carr is not an option anymore. Kubes made it very clear that all confidence was lost when he tied Carr's hands at the end of last season.
It's time to move on beyond these miserable Carr years.

Hope springs eternal.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealX9 View Post
well you cant blame everything on david, and people thinking rosenfels as a starter? you're on crack.
With that kind of thinking, we should've signed Ron Dayne to a three year extension worth $25.25 million, with an $8million signing bonus.

& I like Ron Dayne, but I'm not stupid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read