Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2007   #1
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Patrick Ramsey visiting

Former Green Wave QB, Patrick Ramsey will be visiting the Texans this week. Never had too much success in the league, but I don't think he has been given a fair shake.

Quote:
It's interesting to note that quarterback Patrick Ramsey is coming to visit, this week. Bringing in Ramsey for a look doesn't make the Texans seem like they intend to keep David Carr, who hasn't commented on the issue because you still get paid.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2007/03/c...benefit_f.html
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Patrick Ramsey visiting

Now if anyone wants to compare any incoming/current QB's to DC it's this guy. drafted out of a relatively small school, has been hit so many times that he's shell-shocked & can't concentrate down field, bad coaching/schemes that left the kid out to dry & virtually no pocket presence.

Really the only difference between both is there draft positions & mobility.

No thanks, i'll pass.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
AtheGreat
Veteran

this means that Ramsey is going to backup Sage and Carr is out???
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

You might as well let carr do it since he & Ramsey are identical & save the cap hit; you also have someone with 1 year in your system.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #5
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat View Post
this means that Ramsey is going to backup Sage and Carr is out???
If they sign Ramsey and trade Carr, I expect that Ramsey will eventually win the starting job.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #6
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
If they sign Ramsey and trade Carr, I expect that Ramsey will eventually win the starting job.
If Ransey wins a starting job, I beleive that it will only be because we are molding a rookie QB. No way can I fathom him being brought in as a long term solution.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
If Ransey wins a starting job, I beleive that it will only be because we are molding a rookie QB. No way can I fathom him being brought in as a long term solution.
I expect we're going to sign him to a small something, something. He'll be in the QB competition we'll hold this off season. I doubt we'll hold more than 3 QBs this coming season.

Sage is a lock to make the team(I think). If Plummer shows up, he'll be the starter by default.

If we draft Quinn, BVP & Ramsey, are gone, Porter will go back to the Practice team.

If we don't draft Quinn, Ramsey & BVP will duke it out for the third spot.

Without Plummer, I think it'll be:

Sage, BVP/Ramsey, Quinn

Last edited by thunderkyss; 03-05-2007 at 11:20 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

/slits wrist

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Side note: Why the heck did I think he was from Miami and who the heck am I thinking of !? lol

EDIT: Ken Dorsey.....man I was way off!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Side note: Why the heck did I think he was from Miami and who the heck am I thinking of !? lol
LOL..... Did you have a long weekend??

Maybe you were thinking of Feeley (back in Philly now)
Huard was there before
Sage was there
Fiedler??
Old 03-05-2007   #12
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Sage, BVP/Ramsey, Quinn
Ding ding ding... what does he win, Johnny?!

Sage, Ramsey and Quinn is what the actions are telling us right now. I can't imagine Plummer being in the picture for any draft pick consideration, even though he wants to play here. He just isn't worth it.

Either way it works out with Plummer, putting the screws to a potential Ramsey deal would cheapen the price for Plummer. And truth be told, I don't think there is much risk anymore in TB holding onto Plummer. I am sure if he stays retired, then they don't have to give anything up to Denver. So they have Simms, Garcia, and Plummer in an emergency should there be a significant injury to one of them.

I just worry about taking Quinn. So much expectation and the whole gripping Texan fan base will look at him and immediately say..."Now don't you go being a Carr on us!!!" He is going to get constantly bombarded with David Carr questions and comparisons to Carr after x years of development.
Old 03-05-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
LOL..... Did you have a long weekend??

Maybe you were thinking of Feeley (back in Philly now)
Huard was there before
Sage was there
Fiedler??
no it was ken dorsey....lol yes very long weekend.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
Ding ding ding... what does he win, Johnny?!

Sage, Ramsey and Quinn is what the actions are telling us right now. I can't imagine Plummer being in the picture for any draft pick consideration, even though he wants to play here. He just isn't worth it.

Either way it works out with Plummer, putting the screws to a potential Ramsey deal would cheapen the price for Plummer. And truth be told, I don't think there is much risk anymore in TB holding onto Plummer. I am sure if he stays retired, then they don't have to give anything up to Denver. So they have Simms, Garcia, and Plummer in an emergency should there be a significant injury to one of them.

I just worry about taking Quinn. So much expectation and the whole gripping Texan fan base will look at him and immediately say..."Now don't you go being a Carr on us!!!" He is going to get constantly bombarded with David Carr questions and comparisons to Carr after x years of development.
the only monkey wrench I can see in this, is if Plummer & Kubiak thought up this "retirement" crap together. If so, it would only be right for Kubiak to do the right thing, and get Jake in Houston(from a personal stand point, I mean if you ain't got your word, what do you have??).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
no it was ken dorsey....lol yes very long weekend.
You're talking about the U right?? Where Dorsey went to college. I think Texan Bill thinks you're talking about the Dolphins.
Old 03-05-2007   #15
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
the only monkey wrench I can see in this, is if Plummer & Kubiak thought up this "retirement" crap together. If so, it would only be right for Kubiak to do the right thing, and get Jake in Houston(from a personal stand point, I mean if you ain't got your word, what do you have??).
True. But still, If Jake got traded and it was Kubiak's idea about retirement, which I don't think it truly was, then Kubiak and Smith still have to consider the value of the pick they would have to give up. Harrington was had for a 5th rounder... that is the tops of the rung in my opinion, definitely shouldn't pay more than that... if that much.

to be honest, I don't want him here anyways. Would rather roll the dice with Sage or another veteran for a few years than give up a draft pick. He is a two year stop gap at best, so why sacrifice a pick.
Old 03-05-2007   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Now if anyone wants to compare any incoming/current QB's to DC it's this guy. drafted out of a relatively small school, has been hit so many times that he's shell-shocked & can't concentrate down field, bad coaching/schemes that left the kid out to dry & virtually no pocket presence.

Really the only difference between both is there draft positions & mobility.

No thanks, i'll pass.
Shell shocked? He has been sacked 75 times in five seasons. Ramsey has many faults, but being shell shocked is not one of them.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
to be honest, I don't want him here anyways. Would rather roll the dice with Sage or another veteran for a few years than give up a draft pick. He is a two year stop gap at best, so why sacrifice a pick.
I totally agree... I wish they never started this Snake in Houston "rumor" to begin with.
Old 03-05-2007   #18
SESupergenius

If the plan is to let Carr go and we sign Ramsey........I will not watch a single Texans football game this year.
Old 03-05-2007   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66846 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
If the plan is to let Carr go and we sign Ramsey........I will not watch a single Texans football game this year.

Please Texans sign Ramsey right away!
Old 03-05-2007   #20
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
The Texans were one of 3 teams to attend Brady Quinn's Pro-Day. I am suspicious that Carr will be traded (I won't even try to speculate the circumstances of such a trade), Ramsey will be signed as a backup, Sage will be the starter, Quinn will be drafted by Houston at #8, and Bob's your uncle.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read