Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wtf Texans Over

I'm not exactly sure what the hell the texans are wanting to do here. We release several players (some decent) and start signing players that not too sure we'd sign and not sign the players "EVERYONE" expected us to ie. Plummer, Garcia. I had a hunch that Plummer going to TB was so they could trade us for Carr and switch spots in the draft. The more and more i think about this i get confused and the WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Anyone else feeling this way?
Old 03-04-2007   #2
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wtf Texans Over

and alone i sit on this park bench.
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

no we have too many people making too much money for their worth and IMO are clearing out so we can start fresh next year

sadly CC left us with rebuilding mode after 5 glorious years
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

yeah atleast those 5 years were something to look back on and go we will never do that again, hopefully.
Old 03-04-2007   #5
texan_b
Rookie

I do not feel this way we have to fix the mess the old crew left us. The franchise more then likely is hoping for a .500 season. We build with another good draft and then you add a couple big pieces with the huge amount of cap space we should have after next season.
texan_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #6
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
and alone i sit on this park bench.
Seems like the same old thing. GB or Denver people signing and no one else seems to even want to sniff. I think there really is a question as to what we are going to do this year. So far it doesn't look like we have any kind of plan.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Seems like the same old thing. GB or Denver people signing and no one else seems to even want to sniff. I think there really is a question as to what we are going to do this year. So far it doesn't look like we have any kind of plan.
I just feel there is no method to this madness.
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
Chrispy
Rookie

Hey Andrew, I was feeling the same way until a little while ago but it's all starting to become clear to me. Check out this post and tell me what you think. Keep in mind that when I talk about the trade with Cleveland the same could be true with Tampa Bay.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36122
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Hey Andrew, I was feeling the same way until a little while ago but it's all starting to become clear to me. Check out this post and tell me what you think. Keep in mind that when I talk about the trade with Cleveland the same could be true with Tampa Bay.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=36122

makes some since, anyway we can trade up and just get J Russell? lol
Old 03-05-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I remember last year when one of the Texans' biggest FA signings was Anthony Weaver. The big question there was who was this guy and why is he important? Well, he has filled a hole. Last year's biggest signing was Moulds. This year, it will likely be Green, although I would have liked for the Texans to pick up another "name recognition" WR. After that, it's going to be mostly people we've never heard of.
Old 03-05-2007   #11
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

my 2 cents, I think the Texans have alot of young talent allready, and Kubiak wants to develop them some more this year, any aquisitions will be to create competition at key positions, not neccesarily to replace anyone. I think they may wanna grab that db (bryant?) if they can get him at a decent price. but I figure in the draft we will be business as usual and grab needs first 3 rounds and best available after that. I think if we trade up it will be for Thomas, otherwise we stick with no. 8 and take one of the safeteys. then Kolb in the 3rd. ofcourse if Kolb's stock goes up by draft day, we trade down the 8 pick for another 3rd or a trade involving Carr for a 2nd. I do think we take Kolb regardless what it takes. quinn I dont believe will be available no matter what we do. neither will peterson. I see quinn and peterson going by pick 3. we'll just have to wait...
Old 03-05-2007   #12
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
my 2 cents, I think the Texans have alot of young talent allready, and Kubiak wants to develop them some more this year, any aquisitions will be to create competition at key positions, not neccesarily to replace anyone. I think they may wanna grab that db (bryant?) if they can get him at a decent price. but I figure in the draft we will be business as usual and grab needs first 3 rounds and best available after that. I think if we trade up it will be for Thomas, otherwise we stick with no. 8 and take one of the safeteys. then Kolb in the 3rd. ofcourse if Kolb's stock goes up by draft day, we trade down the 8 pick for another 3rd or a trade involving Carr for a 2nd. I do think we take Kolb regardless what it takes. quinn I dont believe will be available no matter what we do. neither will peterson. I see quinn and peterson going by pick 3. we'll just have to wait...
You may need to explain this one to us that don't know football. On MY big board, I have 2 names going before them, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas. That is 2 players that are better than Brady Quinn and AD... So how do you see Quinn AND Peterson being gone by pick 3?
Old 03-05-2007   #13
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
You may need to explain this one to us that don't know football. On MY big board, I have 2 names going before them, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas. That is 2 players that are better than Brady Quinn and AD... So how do you see Quinn AND Peterson being gone by pick 3?
Simply put he does not think Calvin will be picked until Tampa selects at 4. While the general consensus is that CJ is the best player in the draft Oak, Det, and Cle have more pressing needs than a WR. Question answered?
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
Simply put he does not think Calvin will be picked until Tampa selects at 4. While the general consensus is that CJ is the best player in the draft Oak, Det, and Cle have more pressing needs than a WR. Question answered?
CJ is going to be #1 overall. oakland is going to trade Moss for AR and then they are going to draft CJ.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
CJ is going to be #1 overall. oakland is going to trade Moss for AR and then they are going to draft CJ.
I think they are going to take CJ too. If Oakland doesn't select Jamarcus Russell, I can see him plummeting...something nobody is talking about (probably cuz they don't it'll happen..lol). Cleveland has been the popular team to select him at 3..but now it 'sounds' like they are just as interested in Quinn. They could still select AP at 3 or even Joe Thomas if he's there. If Cle doesn't take him because they have so many options...where does he go? Minnesota, us, Miami? farther down??
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #16
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think they are going to take CJ too. If Oakland doesn't select Jamarcus Russell, I can see him plummeting...something nobody is talking about (probably cuz they don't it'll happen..lol). Cleveland has been the popular team to select him at 3..but now it 'sounds' like they are just as interested in Quinn. They could still select AP at 3 or even Joe Thomas if he's there. If Cle doesn't take him because they have so many options...where does he go? Minnesota, us, Miami? farther down??
I dont think Minnesota will pass him up. If they did I would hope the texans pick him up. Charlie Weiss sad on espn that BQ is the next Tom Brady. Thats something I would like to see. I know there are plenty of other holes that we need to address but I think you have to go with the best player avalible this draft bc we have so many positions we need to address. Either way I would be fine with either Quinn, Landry, or that tackle from Penn st
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read