Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

It's All Becoming Clear To Me Now!!!

Chrispy

Practice Squad
With the Green signing all of the other stuff that is going on is beginning to make sense to me. Keep these things in mind:

1) We cut Moulds
2) We hear that we are attempting to trade up with Cleveland to get AP
3) We sign Green to go along with Williams, Gado, Lundy, Taylor, and Possibly Dayne.

Now answer this question:

Why would we want to trade Carr, and a couple of thirds for another RB? Also keep in mind we had the chance to get Bush last year and passed on him.

My answer:

The fact that we are attempting to trade for Clevelands 1st round (3rd) pick to get AP is only half right. Yes we are attempting to get the pick but it's not AP we are after, it's Calvin Johnson. We just leaked AP so that teams like Tampa wouldn't try to counter with a trade to Oakland or Detroit. What would it be like having the RBs we have plus a decent QB, whether it be Sage, Ramsey, or whoever with the Johnson and Johnson Recieving Duo?

Yes it's my little conspiracy but it would be optimal in my opinion. It would be worth giving up so much to get a freak like Calvin.

Give me your opinion and please, please don't leak this to the media. I don't want Tampa Bay or anyone else to catch on and trade for the first or second pick and snag him from us.:secret:

I was thinking the same thing.

I had heard the Texans were attempting to move up to get AP and that the trading partner was Cleveland. That seemed funny to me since I also hear Cleveland is interested in AP. Why would Cleveland trade out of a player they want? You most likely would trade one spot before the target player is expected to be drafted. So if we were to trade with Cleveland and it is expected that Tampa would take CJ, then the Texans are probably targeting CJ.

I know it is all conspiracy type stuff,:tinfoil: but it made sense in my head.

i totally agree with you. He's much better than any fa wr we would waste money on this off season.

With the Green signing all of the other stuff that is going on is beginning to make sense to me. Keep these things in mind:

1) We cut Moulds
3) We sign Green to go along with Williams, Gado, Lundy, Taylor, and Possibly Dayne.

Why would we want to trade Carr, and a couple of thirds for another RB? Also keep in mind we had the chance to get Bush last year and passed on him.

My answer:

The fact that we are attempting to trade for Clevelands 1st round (3rd) pick to get AP is only half right. Yes we are attempting to get the pick but it's not AP we are after, it's Calvin Johnson. We just leaked AP so that teams like Tampa wouldn't try to counter with a trade to Oakland or Detroit. What would it be like having the RBs we have plus a decent QB, whether it be Sage, Ramsey, or whoever with the Johnson and Johnson Recieving Duo?

Yes it's my little conspiracy but it would be optimal in my opinion. It would be worth giving up so much to get a freak like Calvin.

Give me your opinion and please, please don't leak this to the media. I don't want Tampa Bay or anyone else to catch on and trade for the first or second pick and snag him from us.:secret:

Hmmmmm sounds logical too me. I would either take Calvin or Adrian because they are okay in my book. I just wish we had Plummer. :(

heck either player would be fine with me but if we trade up to the 3rd overall pick and joe thomas is there then what do you do with the pick if you choosing between: thomas, peterson, and johnson...obviously by the 3rd pick one of those three won't be there but who would you chose

1) We cut Moulds

My answer:

I would love to see it happen, but I think it will be hard to get that trade to happen.
I like your thinking though.

if we trade up I am not sure if I want another WR , maybe the lions fiasco scarred me, I want either a LT that is a monster, or a RB to chew up the yards (and clock) or a defensive back that can cover and we stop some people in key situations

heck either player would be fine with me but if we trade up to the 3rd overall pick and joe thomas is there then what do you do with the pick if you choosing between: thomas, peterson, and johnson...obviously by the 3rd pick one of those three won't be there but who would you chose

Great Question. I was assuming Thomas would be gone but you're right at three we get one of those three and probably our choice between two of them. If I had to put them in order I'd put AP third simply because RB is our least needed now with Green's signing. That said if the other two were gone I would be happy to get AP. Now the choice between Thomas and Johnson would be very difficult. We've been saying since our first season that we need a stud OT to protect our QB and that would be a super smart choice but from what I have been hearing from watching the combine and draft reports from the experts Johnson is an amazing almost once in a lifetime pick and is as close to a "sure thing" as you can get. For that reason I'm partial to Johnson and would make my order Johnson, Thomas, Peterson.

I've been saying that taking a RB in the 1st seems all but impossible for Kubiak to do...and I'm not necessarily right yet, but I think it's safe to say he won't. I wondered in a post the other day if we'd take CJ. I'd certainly love the thought of having him, but I don't necessarily know if we need him that bad. Maybe we're just going to take a FS/DL like we really need. Who knows though, that's the fun of having to wait, right....RIGHT?!?!?!

the pick up of green gives the texans many more options

1. they can trade up and grab either johnson or peterson
2. trade down and grab more picks
3. grab best player at the 8 spot

what i would like to see is trade down grab more picks because the texans are a long ways off from where they want to be, but if they were to move up and grab johnson the offense would all of the sudden take on an explosive look. one thing to remember is this, kubiak loves to run the ball and all 4 teams in the 2 conference championship games had a two headed monster running the ball (saints-mcallister/bush, bears-jones/benson, colts-addai/rhodes, patriots-dillion/maroney), so grabbing petterson is not out of the question, if they stay put at the 8 spot and peterson and johnson are gone i would not mind seeing them grabbing branch, okoye or landry to help the defense out even more. so here we are guessing and speculating on what is going to happen next and with that the mystery begins till the draft. all this being said even though it is one free agent signing i like what the front office has done thus far and look forward to what else they have in store for the texan fans

very interesting. good points...

1. I don't want us to trade up at all. If we did, I'd take CJ (safest pick in draft..followed by Landry and Willis)

2. I have my own conspiracy theory...Tampa Bay signed Garcia so oakland cant take him, they also pushed plummer into 'retirement'...why would they go after 2 FA QB's when they have simms and grakoski one might ask...It's cuz they are trying to force oakland to take jamarcus russell seeing how FA is even more limited....Tampa Bay then would have a better shot at getting Calvin Johnson! thats my tin foil hat ideas...

3. another conspiracy is us showing so much interest in quinn so someone will trade up ahead of us to draft him. Thus giving us a better chance of getting Laron Landry at 8. and then we take kolb in the 3rd.

Great question. I sure sure wouldn't mind seing AP and Greene in the backfield pounding that Defense come the 4th quarter with a 7 point lead. Nor would I mind seeing Jonhsnon & Johnson opposite opposite of each other. Can't double team both of them. Greene and Dayne pounding the ball, and Johnson & Johnson making the T.D catches. You gotta love the offseason. Every teams can believe their the next best thing. Just like the Saints did, from 3-13 to N.F.C Championship. Go Texans!

very interesting. good points...

1. I don't want us to trade up at all. If we did, I'd take CJ (safest pick in draft..followed by Landry and Willis)

2. I have my own conspiracy theory...Tampa Bay signed Garcia so oakland cant take him, they also pushed plummer into 'retirement'...why would they go after 2 FA QB's when they have simms and grakoski one might ask...It's cuz they are trying to force oakland to take jamarcus russell seeing how FA is even more limited....Tampa Bay then would have a better shot at getting Calvin Johnson! thats my tin foil hat ideas...

3. another conspiracy is us showing so much interest in quinn so someone will trade up ahead of us to draft him. Thus giving us a better chance of getting Laron Landry at 8. and then we take kolb in the 3rd.

I don't think Kolb is part of the big plans as Houstonians would like, but the other points look good. The whole world knows that Gruden wants CJ, he's trying to force the Raiders to take Russell. Not only is he playing hard ball w/ the Raiders, but he is with the Texans as well. Gruden wants to see if we will bite and give up a draft pick, I would not be surprised if Tampa cut Plummer right after the draft. Then again they could keep Plummer's rights to ensure the stays retired. The NFL is a cut-throat business!

The Texans seem to be reluctant to give up draft picks , so I don't think they'll trade up. Also, it seems to be the wrong thing to do at this time when we have a lot of needs. If they did, though, I would think they would do it to get Thomas.

That's a really good idea. The ONLY way I would trade up would be to get Thomas. Then using a 2nd rd. pick (assuming we trade Carr, 1st rd pick, & 3rd rd pick) we draft Michael Griffin or Brandon Merriweather. That would be an A draft IMO with David Ball in the 5th round.

as much as i like the potential duo of Johnson & Johnson.. im not sure that is what the texans are planning. I think the texans are not going to move down, because gm rick smith specifically said we do not want to lose draft picks, we want to acquire them. and it would be illogical to move down at this point because we are going to be riddled with cap problems over the next couple of seasons, so the only way to build a respectable club is to acquire talent via draft. I say we still trade carr, and get a pick, draft kolb as late as possible, and give the reigns to sage... and with the rest of the picks, we HAVE to go defense and OL (maybe a receiver)... nothing else. If i were to put $$ on who we are going to pick at the 8th spot, i'd bet on landry from LSU. In addition to the johnson conspiracy, if we did that, wouldnt our team look just like the arizona cardinals?? i'd say so, but whatever, texans rule

If i had a pick between CJ and JT. i'm taking CJ. ONLY because next year is going to be pretty good for OL. Sam Baker, Jake Long, etc, etc. looks pretty decent to me. I would love to have Calvin, but as much as i'd love to think about it, we'll end up with Landry at 8.

but...maybe all the talk about not giving up picks is more smokescreen talk....OMG!!!!! :yes:

Any chance we want to see if we can get Russell? I mean you never know what Oakland is going to do. They haven't drafted well in years so them and Detroit might not go QB and we could then get Russell.

....2. I have my own conspiracy theory...Tampa Bay signed Garcia so oakland cant take him, they also pushed plummer into 'retirement'...why would they go after 2 FA QB's when they have simms and grakoski one might ask...It's cuz they are trying to force oakland to take jamarcus russell seeing how FA is even more limited....Tampa Bay then would have a better shot at getting Calvin Johnson! thats my tin foil hat ideas....

Nah, Oakland still takes CJ just so Al can stick it to Gruden once again, then TB will have to figure out if they want 6 QB's on the team or 4 RB's with their pick. Al then decides to take Carr in exchange for a 3rd ('cause all he needs is a change of scenery.... OL.... RB..... WR's...... coaching...... moons to line up....) and either we work that into another 2nd or we have a few 3rds.

Any chance we want to see if we can get Russell? I mean you never know what Oakland is going to do. They haven't drafted well in years so them and Detroit might not go QB and we could then get Russell.

No. Stay put and choose from Landry, Okoye, Branch, Adams, Anderson, Brown, or Quinn.

Any of those guys could easily go top 5...I like them at 8. And i think Quinn is a QB Kubiak would rather work a little with than a lot with Russell.

Sounds juicy as ever...Trust me I would love to Get CJ with AJ and Green! WOW! But more then likely not going to happen..

Im going with my source who tells me Levi Brown is our guy!

Just watch gents, just watch! :stirpot:

The Texans seem to be reluctant to give up draft picks , so I don't think they'll trade up. Also, it seems to be the wrong thing to do at this time when we have a lot of needs. If they did, though, I would think they would do it to get Thomas.

Exactly.

It's been said over and over that we are not trading UP. Rick Smith is communicating that very clearly.

We stay at No. 8 or we trade down.

That's what's happening, it's why we signed Ahman Green.

No AP. Period.

Calvin Johnson is going to be a good player, but I don't see us trading UP to get him.

You guys need to go ahead and clear your mind of any expectations of trading UP. Or you'll be mad and spend the first day of the draft venting to all of us about how stupid it was for the Texans to not trade UP.

Save yourself the anxiety and the grief. We are NOT trading up.

We save a lot of money by staying at No. 8 vs. moving up to No. 3. I have a feeling the first three picks are going to demand No. 1 money...it's the new trend, IMO. You've got several players who all think they are No. 1 "material," and they're probably right.

We're staying or trading DOWN. It's that simple.

Ahman was signed because we are not selecting AP...now, if the planets align and he falls to No. 8, then perhaps we'd take him.

I'd be willing to bet that we are going with Landry at number 8.

If we sign Ramsey, then Carr is gone for sure, and we are either taking Quinn at #8.

If we don't sign a QB between now and the draft, then we are taking Landry or Levi BRown, and probably hoping for a Drew Stanton in the 2nd.

I don't think we ditch Carr at this point unless we are sure that we can get the QB that we want in the draft. I don't know who that QB is exactly, but if Ramsey and Sage are on the roster, there is no way we enter this year without a significant QB prospect that will be around to sit and learn for a year.

If we sign Ramsey, then Carr is gone for sure, and we are either taking Quinn at #8.

If we don't sign a QB between now and the draft, then we are taking Landry or Levi BRown, and probably hoping for a Drew Stanton in the 2nd.

I don't think we ditch Carr at this point unless we are sure that we can get the QB that we want in the draft. I don't know who that QB is exactly, but if Ramsey and Sage are on the roster, there is no way we enter this year without a significant QB prospect that will be around to sit and learn for a year.

I somewhat agree; however, the franchise sounds EXTREMELY high on Landry, but also feel the need to upgrade at qb. I don't think they are/or should be that high on Levi Brown...should be interesting.

I somewhat agree; however, the franchise sounds EXTREMELY high on Landry, but also feel the need to upgrade at qb. I don't think they are/or should be that high on Levi Brown...should be interesting.

Is the franchise high on Landry or just us on the MB?

I haven't seen anything from the Texans to give me any real indication for where they're planning on going with the pick.

Are they?? If you know anything...PM me. Don't spread it around...I hope he's still available at 8!!! I love him. Do you know something??

Hmmmmm sounds logical too me. I would either take Calvin or Adrian because they are okay in my book. I just wish we had Plummer. :(

Sorry I could not be there..............
jake2_e.jpg

Is the franchise high on Landry or just us on the MB?

I haven't seen anything from the Texans to give me any real indication for where they're planning on going with the pick.

It is my personal opinion that they like Landry and feel that he can be a huge asset to their continued growth. I am not saying that I think (or know enough) to judge the potential of such a pick...just that I believe it is likely to happen if Landry is still there.

It is my personal opinion that they like Landry and feel that he can be a huge asset to their continued growth. I am not saying that I think (or know enough) to judge the potential of such a pick...just that I believe it is likely to happen if Landry is still there.

Richard Justice of the Chronicle likes Landry to be a Texan, from what I have read.

I agree with most of what you said here except the part about taking Quinn at #8. I just don't think they will draft a QB in the 1st round and pay him that kind of money to sit on the bench for a year or two when they could get Stanton or Kolb in the 2nd or 3rd and do the same thing. Also, I haven't heard anything about Kubes liking Quinn, or interviewing Quinn, or saying anything about Quinn, but I have heard of Kubes liking Stanton and Kolb and interviewing Kolb at the Combine (not sure if he talked to Stanton).

I guess I could be totally wrong about this (like I am about other things), but I just don't see us drafting Quinn. JMHO!

now that the Lions have signed a veteran LT they will likely go for Brady Quinn. that way if we have the 3rd pick we would go for Thomas to protect David Carr...or whoever else may be throwing the ball.

now that the Lions have signed a veteran LT they will likely go for Brady Quinn. that way if we have the 3rd pick we would go for Thomas to protect David Carr...or whoever else may be throwing the ball.

the Lions resigned their LT to a big time deal. The got the RT from Denver via the trade with Bell. I really don't see them taking Thomas like everyone else does.

I also am pretty darn sure the texans will not trade up to cleveland's spot. no matter who oakland and denver take.

we're either staying put or trading down. who the lions take ...i don't know...i hope its quinn though.

I for one hope that the Texans do not draft any QB's in the entire draft. Just take a look at their needs: LT, C, WR, DE, DT, SLB, CB, FS. Those are just the holes. They could also stand to improve at G & WLB. If they draft a QB instead of an equally talented player at any one of these other positions then they will be slowing the rate of their progress.

Richard Justice of the Chronicle likes Landry to be a Texan, from what I have read.

So, what's your point? This has nothing to do with the Chronicle, which is usually 99% wrong on most Texans-related issues. This has more to do with Landry's recent workouts and the fact that we just picked up our starting RB through free agency. This is going to come down to Quinn or Landry and I think the most likely scenario is Landry.

Back