Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2007   #1
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80
Default With Green's signing it's closer to it happening....

I REALLY think that the Texans will grab Quinn in the draft now. As sad as it is, AP will not be wearing a Texans uni.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
texan_b
Rookie

Default Re: With Green's signing it's closer to it happening....

If AP is not available at #8 it is not the Texans fault so there is nothing to be sad about. If he is available that is a different story.
texan_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Roughnecks
Veteran

Rep Power: 90 Roughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respectedRoughnecks is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe but they want to win and with everybody calling for Carrs head they may be trying to show that they are trying to win soon instead of wait three yrs.
Roughnecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am curious I didn't watch any N.D. games

why is everyone sold on Quinn? big games he seemed to disappear

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...yerpage/419111

below average against Michigan/USC/LSU
Michigan state was a good game along with army,navy,and some others

I am going stat wise mind you and I may be totally wrong
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #5
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Why Quinn?

I think they might take someone to rebuild our OL or strengthen our DL.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #6
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Levi Brown.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Part of that might just be self explanatory...playing against some of the top teams in the nation is going to hamper your stat production.

Personally...I don't know anything intelligent about Quinn. What I mean by that, is that all I hear are peoples opinions on this and that - and those opinions have changed dramatically in the last year or so.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Speaking of winning the big one (or not), Quinn, by my very unofficial count, was 2-8 in the Very Big Ones at Notre Dame: 2-1 versus Michigan, 0-4 against USC, 0-3 in bowl games. Not good. But let's not slay Quinn over it just yet. In those eight losses, Notre Dame allowed 47, 44, 41, 34, 34, 41, 38 and 45 points.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...26/indy/3.html
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i'd rather have laron landry
Old 03-04-2007   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

You can go to youtube and see a bunch of highlights of Quinn...now granted they're just highlights but still fun to watch and dream...

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=brady+quinn
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #11
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

Quinn doesnt play defense last time I checked. Check out all his career losses at Notre Dame. The Notre Dame defense surrenders 35+ points in almost every loss. Also most losses are against top college programs and aside from a few undeniable stinkers (this year's michigan game comes to mind) he played well in those losses.

He brings football intellect and the experience of leading a national treasure at QB. He knows about media/fan pressure/obligations and didn't play at some 2nd rate college program ala Fresno State.
Old 03-05-2007   #12
MATRIX
Veteran

STANTON in the 3rd or 4th...best take and a steal in 2yrs.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #13
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
Part of that might just be self explanatory...playing against some of the top teams in the nation is going to hamper your stat production.

Personally...I don't know anything intelligent about Quinn. What I mean by that, is that all I hear are peoples opinions on this and that - and those opinions have changed dramatically in the last year or so.
Well, this is just one more opinion. I watched the Sugar Bowl game (ND vs. LSU) this year, and was completely unimpressed with Quinn. Russell, on the other hand, was incredible. It would be hard for someone to watch that game and seriously think that Quinn is close to the NFL prospect that Russell is.

I know that's a really small sample size, but that one game made me believe that Quinn should not be our answer at QB.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Well, this is just one more opinion. I watched the Sugar Bowl game (ND vs. LSU) this year, and was completely unimpressed with Quinn. Russell, on the other hand, was incredible. It would be hard for someone to watch that game and seriously think that Quinn is close to the NFL prospect that Russell is.

I know that's a really small sample size, but that one game made me believe that Quinn should not be our answer at QB.
I'm an LSU fan, and even I'll admit that it wasn't that simple. Quinn had no offensive line whatsoever, was on the run the entire game and had receivers overmatched in speed by the LSU secondary. Russell, meanwhile, had an outstanding line that dominated the line of scrimmage and let him sit back without any pressure at all.

I'm not the biggest Quinn fan either, but the circumstances surrounding Quinn and Russell that game were entirely different.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
I'm an LSU fan, and even I'll admit that it wasn't that simple. Quinn had no offensive line whatsoever, was on the run the entire game and had receivers overmatched in speed by the LSU secondary. Russell, meanwhile, had an outstanding line that dominated the line of scrimmage and let him sit back without any pressure at all.

I'm not the biggest Quinn fan either, but the circumstances surrounding Quinn and Russell that game were entirely different.

Quinn reminds me of Moon...he tends to get rattled and never regrop. Plus, he plas awfl in bigger games. I have 2 QBs above him(Russel is a given) and Stanton is IMO better.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #16
ericdoesntcare
Rookie

I would prefer Trent Edwards from Stanford over Stanton. I think you will see much more upside, if you take a look at him. He played for lousy teams like Jay Cutler did.
ericdoesntcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #17
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt put it past us to make a move for Peterson still.

The FO said at the beggining of this offseason that they arent going to NOT fill holes, and hope that a player becomes available/healthy for us.

So they got Green..he fills a need. But hes in his 10 season.. and hes a running back. This is a temporary thing and everyone knows it. And if the FO felt that we needed a quality RB despite the fact that we had Taylor, Lundy, Gado, and (possibly) Dayne.. then I imagine they also feel that in a season or two we are gonna need someone to replace Green as the premier guy. Peterson could be him.

Look at New Orleans, Jacksonville, Dallas, New England.... last season all of them drafted running backs despite the fact that they had a starting RB that could be considered "good". And they benefited from it.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #18
done88
Veteran

The Texans are going to trade out of the 8 pick. They will pick up a few extras and draft a lineman. Either Offense or defense which ever is best available twhen they pick.
Old 03-05-2007   #19
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
I REALLY think that the Texans will grab Quinn in the draft now. As sad as it is, AP will not be wearing a Texans uni.
John Lopez is that you?

Why Quinn? Wolf got it right he hardly does well in big games. He is also a Car part deux. I say no way unless Kubiak can do wonders for the man.
Old 03-05-2007   #20
JAXwithanX
Veteran

I guess everyone is forgetting Okeye. This is the guy everyone here should be speculating about.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read