Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-04-2007   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Mock Draft Thread

Rather than having posters make a new thread for updated mock drafts, how about one thread?

I'll start.

1. Levi Brown OT
2. Brandon Meriwether DB
3. Drew Stanton QB
3b. Steve Smith WR
4. Daymeion Hughes DB
5. Andy Alleman OG
6. Josh Wilson DB
7. Garrett Wolfe RB
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Mock Draft Thread

far less confusing to make individual threads. easier discussion.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
far less confusing to make individual threads. easier discussion.
i'm trying to figure out who the Texans tried to trade for Joey Porter. Would you happen to know?
Old 03-04-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I looked up his articles and found nothing about the Texans.
Old 03-04-2007   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

we have a 2nd 3rd rd pick?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I looked up his articles and found nothing about the Texans.
This is driving me crazy! Michael Smith reported it on ESPN just a few days ago. AHHHHH!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
we have a 2nd 3rd rd pick?
I'm assuming that's what we get for Carr.
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

1. LaRon Landry FS
2. Tony Ugoh/ Marshal Yanda/ Justin Blalock OL
3. Drew Stanton QB (DT if stanton is not there)
4. Tra. Bain CB
5. David Ball WR
6. Josh Wilson DB
7. Jared Zabranzy QB(if we dont get stanton), K/P (if we get stanton)
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

1. LaRon Landry, FS, LSU (unless we sign Hamlin, which in that case trade down & draft Darrelle Revis)
2. Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
3. Ryan Harris, OT, Notre Dame
4. Travarous Bain, CB, Syracuse
5. David Ball, WR, New Hampshire
6. IDK, I guess BPA
7. Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northern Illinois
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
1. LaRon Landry, FS, LSU (unless we sign Hamlin, which in that case trade down & draft Darrelle Revis)
2. Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
3. Ryan Harris, OT, Notre Dame
4. Travarous Bain, CB, Syracuse
5. David Ball, WR, New Hampshire
6. IDK, I guess BPA
7. Garrett Wolfe, RB, Northern Illinois
Trade DC and #8 to Cleveland for their #3. Trade #3 to team that is looking to move up for a slew of 2nd and 3rd rounders. Use them to draft Blalock, Harris, Kolb, Bishop, Coe, Staley....not in that order, of course. We've gotta get some young depth on our o-line. that is a MUST!!!
Old 03-04-2007   #11
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Trade DC and #8 to Cleveland for their #3. Trade #3 to team that is looking to move up for a slew of 2nd and 3rd rounders. Use them to draft Blalock, Harris, Kolb, Bishop, Coe, Staley....not in that order, of course. We've gotta get some young depth on our o-line. that is a MUST!!!
The only team I know of with more than 2 picks in rounds 2 & 3 are the NY Jets. They have 3. It's a good idea, but IMO we NEED Landry.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

NE has 2 1st Rounders, #24 and #28. Maybe trade our #8 for those two picks straight up. More draft picks seem to be the objective this year. According to the draft value chart, #8=1,400. #24=740 and #28=660. Perfect.

#24 Robert Meachem WR Tenn
#28 Brandon Meriwether DB Miami
#39 Ryan Kalil C USC
#73 Kevin Kolb QB Houston
#103 Tenard Jackson CB Syracuse
#134 Quincy Black OLB New Mexico

The rest are BPA.

If no trade with NE then.....
#8 Jamaal Anderson/Alan Branch/Levi Brown/LaRon Landry....depending on FA and Spencer's health.

Last edited by BSofA04; 03-05-2007 at 01:48 AM.
BSofA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #13
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
i'm trying to figure out who the Texans tried to trade for Joey Porter. Would you happen to know?

It was never disclosed so you can stop asking now.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
slamdunc
Rookie

4. Daymeion Hughes DB

Man...I don't think there is any chance he is there in 4th round. I know his combine was poor, but consider production on the field. He played great against USC...slowed up Jarrett (5 rec, 66 yards). By contrast, Jarrett lit up Leon Hall, who had all the measurables at the combine.

Would LOVE to get Hughes in round 4. He may go in second round IMO
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

hughes matched up against steve smith in the USC game, and smith owned him numerous times.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #16
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I've never done a mock before, but I'll give it a shot.

1st round---------------------

S LaRon Landry 6' 0 1/2" 213 4.35 LSU
or
CB Leon Hall 5' 11 1/4" 193 4.39 Michigan

2nd round ---------------------------

OC Ryan Kalil 6' 2 3/4" 299 4.96 USC
or
CB Chris Houston 5' 9 7/8" 185 4.32 California
(if Hall is the pick in the 1st, Brandon Merriweather would be my 1st choice and Kalil would be my 2nd choice here)

3rd round ---------------------------

if we couldn't get Landry or Merriweather in the 1st or 2nd, I would have to go with one of these three safeties:
S Sabby Piscitelli 6' 2 3/4" 224 4.47 Oregon St
S John Wendling 6' 1 1/4" 222 4.49 Wyoming
S Eric Weddle 5' 11 1/4" 203 4.49 Utah
if we do get Landry or Merriweather, I would go with one of these:

DE Brian Robison 6’ 3 1/8” 259 4.67 Texas
or
QB Kevin Kolb 6' 3 1/8" 218 4.85 Houston

4th round ---------------------------

BPA
possibly
OT Doug Free 6’ 6 ” 324 5.19 Northern Illinois
or
LB Zac DeOssie 6' 4 5/8" 250 4.58 Brown (could even fill in as a long snapper or an emergency QB)

5th round ---------------------------

BPA
possibly
P Daniel Sepulveda 6' 2 7/8" 229 4.8 Baylor
OC Doug Datish 6' 4 1/8" 302 5.13 Ohio St

6th round ---------------------------

if he is still here I would grab this guy without a doubt:
WR David Ball 6' 0 7/8" 196 4.5 New Hampshire
otherwise,
CB Anthony Arline 6’ 1 ” 199 4.43 Baylor
or
RB Steve Baylark 6' 0" 225 4.5 U Mass

7th round ---------------------------
this is definately a BPA...
maybe...
DE CJ Ah You 6’ 3 ” 274 4.70 Oklahoma
QB Jared Zabransky 6’ 2” - 219 Boise State
QB Jeff Smith 6' 6" 246 - Georgetown College (Kentucky)
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

I would draft Houston ahead of Hall.
Old 03-06-2007   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I would draft Houston ahead of Hall.
Hall was considered the best CB all year long...Houston is good and his 40 time has really elevated him, but Hall has been and still is better IMHO.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Leon Hall should be a really good cb imo...he backed it up with his 4.39 i believe?

Chris Houston is awesome too...he's really fast.

Personally I'd give Hall the benefit of the doubt because he's been on the radar the entire year, one knock was that he looked kinda slow...he got beat deep but his 40 time erases that for me. Houston is soo strong and very fast...I'd take either...I do think houston faced tougher competition and did VERY well though.

forget what i said....they are both awesome and so is revis. houston and hall are tied for 1 in my book with revis being very slightly behind them.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007   #20
slamdunc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
hughes matched up against steve smith in the USC game, and smith owned him numerous times.
Did not know that...thought it was flipped that Hughes covered Jarrett. Smith had 6 catches, 88 and a touch. Thanks for info.
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read