Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2004   #1
Titan1216
Rookie

Default Congrats Texans fans

You kicked our butts today....of course people on our boards keep blaming injuries...but thats a bunch of nonsense..Every team has injuries..you are building a great team in Houston....almost makes me wish I stayed with Houston after the Oilers left...But I followed them to Tennessee...so go Titans !
Titan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Hey Thanks a lot the Titans played a hard fought game,,Mcnair just had a bad day and i think he was playing injuried after that hit he took from us mid way through the game. Things will get better for the Titans every team goes through rough times ,,,H*LL we felt the smae things yall were feeling our first 2 yrs. But thanks again and good luck " LOL until we face again "
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Well Well, Just as I suspected, Titans with Fans that are, Well Good Fans. I assure you that I can speak for 90% of the Houston Fans when I say that we want a Titan Win for the simple reason Bud the Dud thought he got the last laugh. I have been to Nashville and can positively say that The Tennessee Titan Fans are a class act. I have been treated with nothing but respect by every fan of the music city. Thank you for your post and thank you for your city as I have claimed and will continue to claim Nashville a #1 city to see an away game. Good luck to you and your team and please find me if you plan on visiting Houston.
Old 10-18-2004   #4
phan1
All Pro

Well, I can't say I wasn't totally ecstatic with seeing Bennet having a bad day. Last year's Reliant Stadium loss to the Titans on a 4th and very long by a McNair to Bennet TD just broke my heart.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #5
Comar
Rookie

Congrats to the Texans. I know ya'll have wanted this one for a while now. As much as I hate to say it, our teams look like they might be going in different directions for a while.

Joe Texan, I saw you at the game but wasn't able to catch up to you. Thanks for the kind words for our city!
Comar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #6
bruenice
Rookie

being at the game yesterday, i must echo the sentiments mentioned before. before, during, and after the game my family and i were treated with nothing but class by the titans fans. in fact, a number of them went out of their way to congratulate us and wish us continued luck. thanks nashville!
bruenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #7
Predarat
Rookie

More props to the Texans from a Titans fan. You guys are building your team right and it must be exciting to watch this team look to take flight. Some of you who visit the Titans board may see Titans fans blaming the Titans for losing the game but the Texans came into Nashville and won the game, make no mistake about it. Carr is an excellent young QB and made several difficult throws look easy. Andre Johnson is just plain awesome-there is no other way to say it. I would love to have him on a fantasy football keeper team. Your other recivers contribute to a problem-who to cover? Gaffney and Bradford are good compliments to Johnson. We didnt see much of Davis, he got hurt or something, but Wells is a Bull. I hate giving props to a place kicker but Brown kicked a 50 yarder that was staight as an arrow and looks like it would have made it from 75 yds. If you guys are ever down by a FG late in a game, you dont have to get to far beyond the 50 and that guy has a shot. Good luck on the rest of the season and beat those preppy Colts!!
Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2004   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up

Wow! Cool to see so much respect among rival fans! You guys are class acts, and we have a lot of respect for you and your team.

Too bad you dudes don't sit in our section at home games. We have a couple of real...uhhh..."not-very-respectful" Titans fans that do not understand the concept of sportsmanship.

It was a good game yesterday, tho'. I was very surprised to see McNair off his game. 4 interceptions is not something I'm used to seeing from him.

When we were leading 13-10 for a good part of the game, our first thoughts were how dangerous a position it was for our Texans, because the Titans are never out of the game with McNair leading them on the field.

I can't wait until November 28! I don't want to jinx our boys, but I think we should get our brooms ready!
Old 10-18-2004   #9
chicagotexan
All Pro

[quote=Predarat]More props to the Texans from a Titans fan. You guys are building your team right and it must be exciting to watch this team look to take flight. QUOTE]

Classy, Dude. Thanks.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #10
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Thanks Titan fans! This is great and all but we still have to have that rivalry spirit....save this amicable, sportsmanship for after the game like now. Before games....it on!

Next time we play....I think the Texans had better step it up even more cause 4 INTs by McNair isn't an every season thing. It's rare so we'd better be more than prepared when facing the Titans again later in the season.
Old 10-18-2004   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Titans fans. You are a classy bunch.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004   #12
Predarat
Rookie

You guys must have had quite a day today with the Astros winning also. I am a KC Royals fan and want to see Beltran do well, he is quite a player. Enjoy him and do your best to get him back, though I hate that he is not a Royal anymore, i dont want him to joint the 'Dark Side'. Someone talk him into firing his agent!
Predarat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #13
Titan1216
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
Well, I can't say I wasn't totally ecstatic with seeing Bennet having a bad day. Last year's Reliant Stadium loss to the Titans on a 4th and very long by a McNair to Bennet TD just broke my heart.
lol....I was at that game....enjoyed your fans and the stadium..
Titan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004   #14
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kudos

Thanks for the good wishes. I was living in Nashville when old Bottom Line Bud brought the Oilers to Nashville. I really enjoyed living there for almost a year. The connection to Houston holds a special bond between us. Fortunately for us Texans, we had the better day. Good luck to you and the Titans.
Old 10-19-2004   #15
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1216
You kicked our butts today....of course people on our boards keep blaming injuries...but thats a bunch of nonsense..Every team has injuries..you are building a great team in Houston....almost makes me wish I stayed with Houston after the Oilers left...But I followed them to Tennessee...so go Titans !
When a team has 12 injured players, and the biggest percentage of that number includes starters....it has a lot of sense.

Houston has had a comprenhensive developing time in past seasons since they were created, and they are doing things in a smart way and key players are developing and executin better as well.

They have hired good players to make the team stronger in many areas, so things are working for them in an obvious way.
Old 10-20-2004   #16
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanico
... so things are working for them (the Texans) in an obvious way ...
Things are working in an obvious way for the Tacks too!
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004   #17
Titanico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
Things are working in an obvious way for the Tacks too!
Yeah..of course.
Old 10-21-2004   #18
pookha
Rookie

wanted to also say congrats to the texans players and fans.

honestly i will say injuries did play a part in what happened but also your team was in position to take advantage of them.
your players made some very good plays and didnt become intimidated.

good luck on the rest of your season
well except for one game
pookha is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read