Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-04-2007   #1
66cobra
Veteran

Default My draft pick for a #2 receiver...

...if Ryan Kalil (C) is not there in the second round, I would like the Texans to select Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio State. This guy is bona-fide. I don't really like OSU but this guy blows me away. Nice posession receiver with some good speed. He is tough to boot.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
TexansCanes
All Pro

Default Re: My draft pick for a #2 receiver...

i would like to see craig "buster" davis out of LSU with the second if we take a wr. he is fast, has great hands, and runs excelent routes, plus he can return punts. he was more consistant than bowe at lsu and will be a very solid pro.
Old 03-04-2007   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes View Post
i would like to see craig "buster" davis out of LSU with the second if we take a wr. he is fast, has great hands, and runs excelent routes, plus he can return punts. he was more consistant than bowe at lsu and will be a very solid pro.
Meachem if he falls, with Rice as my next option. I do not however, feel we need a WR that early.
Old 03-04-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Meachem if he falls, with Rice as my next option. I do not however, feel we need a WR that early.
If Meachem is there, would you take him?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #5
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Meachem would be nice but i don't think he will fall. I really like rice, he knows how to get open and is very sure handed. i agree that the second might be a little early but with moldes being cut wr became a day one priority if we don't get any one in FA.
Old 03-05-2007   #6
htownfoozball
Veteran

mike walker in the 4th...im tellin ya. WR is the deepest position this draft class. DE and OT will all be gone by the 3rd, and we need both.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
If Meachem is there, would you take him?
If Kalil is gone....I'd take Meachem in a heartbeat.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Meachem over Kalil.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #9
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Kalil over meachem
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
Kalil over meachem
That's a tough one..especially now that we really need a #2 WR.

I take Kalil simply cuz he's the perfect ZBS C that could help us out for the next decade.

You can make a very good arguement for meachem too though...him and andre would be sick.
Old 03-05-2007   #11
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's a tough one..especially now that we really need a #2 WR.

I take Kalil simply cuz he's the perfect ZBS C that could help us out for the next decade.

You can make a very good arguement for meachem too though...him and andre would be sick.
we need a great center one that knows what it takes to be a champion. Lalil is a perfect fit.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #12
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

For the LSU guy, what do you think about Early Doucet. I had heard about him when he was recruited, but his first year (i think he's a junior) he didn't make any noise, but I told my brother before ya'll upset us, (tennessee) that if anyone would do it it would be doucet and he did. But do you think he's got pro potential? You should know more about him than anyone else, since's he is still flying under the radar.
Old 03-05-2007   #13
htownfoozball
Veteran

doucet isnt in the draft i dont think
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if Andre Johnson gets hurt? Do you think what we have can keep our team from being one dimensional?

I think signing Green yesterday, allowed us to go defense again in the 1st and using a 2nd on offense is very possible.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #15
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat View Post
For the LSU guy, what do you think about Early Doucet. I had heard about him when he was recruited, but his first year (i think he's a junior) he didn't make any noise, but I told my brother before ya'll upset us, (tennessee) that if anyone would do it it would be doucet and he did. But do you think he's got pro potential? You should know more about him than anyone else, since's he is still flying under the radar.
i expect him to really take off this year. he was part of the three headed monster with bowe and davis, so now that they are gone he should explode. i thought last year they finally took advantage of his ability to make people miss and started throwing screens and running reverses with him, he actually lined up at QB a couple of times, too. with crowton as the new OC, i expect big things out of him this year with the new spread offense. He is an excellent pro prospect, big, fast, and strong. I beleive kiper currently has him as the number one Senior WR for next year.
Old 03-05-2007   #16
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Early is going to have a great senior year. he was really the go to guy this past year, but cuz of bowe he was under the radar. As far as the NFL is concerned he has 1st Round potential, i think he is 6'1" about 205-210 and great hands
Old 03-05-2007   #17
freedoggy77
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to freedoggy77

i say take jarret hicks in the 6th
Old 03-05-2007   #18
Rosusu
All Pro

Rice is a better reciever than Meachum. Rice can go up and catch any ball that is around him. He may not have all the speed but he can get open and run great routes. He would be a steal in the 2nd round.
Old 03-05-2007   #19
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

I'm not sold on Rice. While he should have flourished under a pass happy coach like Spurrier, I don't feel like he performed as well as he should have. Definately not the best reciever in the SEC this year, and at times outperformed on his own team. I know his got size, but I question his work ethic and desire.
Old 03-05-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm not sold on Rice. While he should have flourished under a pass happy coach like Spurrier, I don't feel like he performed as well as he should have. Definately not the best reciever in the SEC this year, and at times outperformed on his own team. I know his got size, but I question his work ethic and desire.
That brings up a very interesting debate!.....Top receiver in each Division...I'll start a new thread. lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read