Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

My draft pick for a #2 receiver...

66cobra

Waterboy
...if Ryan Kalil (C) is not there in the second round, I would like the Texans to select Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio State. This guy is bona-fide. I don't really like OSU but this guy blows me away. Nice posession receiver with some good speed. He is tough to boot.

i would like to see craig "buster" davis out of LSU with the second if we take a wr. he is fast, has great hands, and runs excelent routes, plus he can return punts. he was more consistant than bowe at lsu and will be a very solid pro.

i would like to see craig "buster" davis out of LSU with the second if we take a wr. he is fast, has great hands, and runs excelent routes, plus he can return punts. he was more consistant than bowe at lsu and will be a very solid pro.

Meachem if he falls, with Rice as my next option. I do not however, feel we need a WR that early.

Meachem if he falls, with Rice as my next option. I do not however, feel we need a WR that early.

Meachem would be nice but i don't think he will fall. I really like rice, he knows how to get open and is very sure handed. i agree that the second might be a little early but with moldes being cut wr became a day one priority if we don't get any one in FA.

mike walker in the 4th...im tellin ya. WR is the deepest position this draft class. DE and OT will all be gone by the 3rd, and we need both.

That's a tough one..especially now that we really need a #2 WR.

I take Kalil simply cuz he's the perfect ZBS C that could help us out for the next decade.

You can make a very good arguement for meachem too though...him and andre would be sick.

we need a great center one that knows what it takes to be a champion. Lalil is a perfect fit.

For the LSU guy, what do you think about Early Doucet. I had heard about him when he was recruited, but his first year (i think he's a junior) he didn't make any noise, but I told my brother before ya'll upset us, (tennessee) that if anyone would do it it would be doucet and he did. But do you think he's got pro potential? You should know more about him than anyone else, since's he is still flying under the radar.

What if Andre Johnson gets hurt? Do you think what we have can keep our team from being one dimensional?

I think signing Green yesterday, allowed us to go defense again in the 1st and using a 2nd on offense is very possible.

For the LSU guy, what do you think about Early Doucet. I had heard about him when he was recruited, but his first year (i think he's a junior) he didn't make any noise, but I told my brother before ya'll upset us, (tennessee) that if anyone would do it it would be doucet and he did. But do you think he's got pro potential? You should know more about him than anyone else, since's he is still flying under the radar.

i expect him to really take off this year. he was part of the three headed monster with bowe and davis, so now that they are gone he should explode. i thought last year they finally took advantage of his ability to make people miss and started throwing screens and running reverses with him, he actually lined up at QB a couple of times, too. with crowton as the new OC, i expect big things out of him this year with the new spread offense. He is an excellent pro prospect, big, fast, and strong. I beleive kiper currently has him as the number one Senior WR for next year.

Early is going to have a great senior year. he was really the go to guy this past year, but cuz of bowe he was under the radar. As far as the NFL is concerned he has 1st Round potential, i think he is 6'1" about 205-210 and great hands

Rice is a better reciever than Meachum. Rice can go up and catch any ball that is around him. He may not have all the speed but he can get open and run great routes. He would be a steal in the 2nd round.

I'm not sold on Rice. While he should have flourished under a pass happy coach like Spurrier, I don't feel like he performed as well as he should have. Definately not the best reciever in the SEC this year, and at times outperformed on his own team. I know his got size, but I question his work ethic and desire.

I'm not sold on Rice. While he should have flourished under a pass happy coach like Spurrier, I don't feel like he performed as well as he should have. Definately not the best reciever in the SEC this year, and at times outperformed on his own team. I know his got size, but I question his work ethic and desire.

That brings up a very interesting debate!.....Top receiver in each Division...I'll start a new thread. lol

I was just looking at Rice and Meachem's Stats.

Rice had one more catch than Meachem for 200 less yards and 1 less TD. 10 TD's 5 came against Florida Atlantic, 2 on MTSU, one on Arkansas, Houston, and Vandy.

Meachem had 2 against Cal while lined up on Daymeion Hughes, 2 against Air Force, One against Memphis, Georgia, Arkansas, Vandy, and Kentucky. He also had two against two tough safties in Landry and Jesse Daniels.

You decide

Back