Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you thought Carr was bad

Quote:
The Texans have set up visits with three more unrestricted free agents for this week: linebacker Danny Clark, defensive tackle James Reed and quarterback Patrick Ramsay.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4601378.html

Ramsey? (if he was to sign)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Re: If you thought Carr was bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
What?!?! What can they POSSIBLY see in Patrick Ramsey? He's definitely not even better than Rosenfels. He's been beat up since he got into the league, sort of like Carr. This makes absolutely no sense.

Does anyone know what the Texans tried to give up for Joey Porter before he was cut?
Old 03-04-2007   #3
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

hey i'm on with all those other UFA's coming in even ramsey...if we get ramsey he won't be coming in for the starting job...he'll be coming in to compete with sage for it...personally i think sage is going to be our starter for a couple of years and we will all see that sage is a very good manager of the game...he won't win games for you...but he won't lose them either

as for danny clark and james reed...i think clark is a very versitle LB...reed i don't know much about
Old 03-04-2007   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they are bringing in Ramsey to be a backup. It's obvious that they want Carr gone and my guess is that they don't think they'll be able to get Jake Plummer. I think Sage will be the starter next season and they need a decent backup for him. Quinton Porter isn't a 2nd string QB. I think they'll draft a QB and whoever he is he'll be 3rd on the depth chart.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Noooooooo!!!!! Not Ramsey!!!!
Old 03-04-2007   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wait.. wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Don't jump on Pat Ramsey. Think of our fellow fans who want; ABC
Bring him in and let them compete and let's see who comes out on top. What could possibly be wrong with that? If Ramsey is that bad and Carr is all that, then Carr shouldn't have anything to worry about, right? Let's bring as many scrub QB's in here as we can and let them duke it out.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think they are bringing in Ramsey to be a backup. It's obvious that they want Carr gone and my guess is that they don't think they'll be able to get Jake Plummer. I think Sage will be the starter next season and they need a decent backup for him. Quinton Porter isn't a 2nd string QB. I think they'll draft a QB and whoever he is he'll be 3rd on the depth chart.

Do we know if Sage is okay? He still had his cast on his hand at the Super Bowl--early February.
Old 03-04-2007   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Do we know if Sage is okay? He still had his cast on his hand at the Super Bowl--early February.

Like I needed that bit of darkness. Thanks a lot.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Like I needed that bit of darkness. Thanks a lot.
If it is any consolation, when I saw him speak in December, he said he would have the cast on for a while, have it off long enough to play some golf, and that he was expected to be fine.
Old 03-04-2007   #10
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Does anyone know what the Texans tried to give up for Joey Porter before he was cut?
I havent heard about any trade ever being offered, but unless it was an early pick, the Steelers may have taken Joey Porter's wish of not getting traded to a bottom ranked team and getting to pick his own destination(cut and thus a UFA), because surely any team would rather get something instead of nothing?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
I havent heard about any trade ever being offered, but unless it was an early pick, the Steelers may have taken Joey Porter's wish of not getting traded to a bottom ranked team and getting to pick his own destination(cut and thus a UFA), because surely any team would rather get something instead of nothing?
that's what i was thinking too. miami also was in the mix, supposedly.
Old 03-04-2007   #12
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
that's what i was thinking too. miami also was in the mix, supposedly.
Who was the 3rd team? Ravens?
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #13
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Mister Tulane Pat Ramsey

2003 Redskins 5-11

He starts 11 games ( completes 10 games ) for 4-6 W/L
throws for 14 TDs
throws for over 300 yards in two games

Carr 4 complete seasons and at best two 300 yard games
TDs
2002 9 - zero 300+
2003 9 - 1 300+
2004 16 - 2 300+
2005 14 - zero 300+
2006 11 - 1 300+
Old 03-04-2007   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Casserly passed on Ramsey, that means something to me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read