Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-04-2007   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post "Texans, Say No to Trading Up in Draft"

As most everyone on this board knows, I am not a believer in trading up. Well I grudgingly gave that up for trading up for Thomas, because, at the time it looked like Spencer would never play again, now it looks like he will, and I go back to original opinion, NO TRADEUP! No way, nohow.

Every year on this board, and others, some of us fall in love with what I call the "flavor of the Draft". This year it is Johnson, Thomas, Russell, Peterson, or some other variation. In retrospect it almost never works out that the somewhat "special player" is what we thought he would be.

The fact is Russell will be the first pick by the Raiders. Johnson will be the second, and Cleveland will probably take Brady Quinn. That leaves an awful lot of very good players to be had when we get to the #8 pick. Just hold the rope and the Draft will come to you. Don't panic over what might have been, if it happens it happens hey I'm still always a Texans fan.

But if we trade Carr we better have a liable player to take his place. With Garcia gone and Plummer in a tug of war with Denver and TB over whether he will report to TB or retire, it looks more and more like we are stuck with Carr for another year. Which is fine with me cosidering we'll save more money for next year's offseason.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Texans, Say No to Trading Up in Draft"

What is so difficult about posting in the draft forum? I think I've moved about a dozen threads this week.
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I don't think the Browns will draft Quinn. I feel that they will look at Thomas more, or Peterson, seeing as how I think they feel Frye can get it done.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What is so difficult about posting in the draft forum? I think I've moved about a dozen threads this week.
I put it there because its about the TEXANS draft acquistion of not trading up sorry there guy if its off the bull pen topic but it is concerning the texans though.....sheeesh.
Old 03-04-2007   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I put it there because its about the TEXANS draft acquistion of not trading up sorry there guy if its off the bull pen topic but it is concerning the texans though.....sheeesh.
The Texans havent drafted anybody yet meaning they arent Texans yet meaning it goes in the draft forum, sheeesh
Old 03-04-2007   #6
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
The Texans havent drafted anybody yet meaning they arent Texans yet meaning it goes in the draft forum, sheeesh
Thanks there guy I got the point the first time, considering I like your sig I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-04-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i think you're wrong on all 3 of your first picks.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i think you're wrong on all 3 of your first picks.
I beg the differ my friend, but hey we all don't have the same opinions. Good you stated yours though, so who do you think then, I mean since I'm wrong on all 3 of my picks, what do YOU think Mrs. Cleo?!j/k
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But if we trade Carr we better have a liable player to take his place.
What does liable mean in this context?
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I beg the differ my friend, but hey we all don't have the same opinions. Good you stated yours though, so who do you think then, I mean since I'm wrong on all 3 of my picks, what do YOU think Mrs. Cleo?!j/k
oakland: johnson or peterson. detroit: joe thomas or possibly johnson, but i'm certain they'll go thomas. cleveland: russell or peterson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #11
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
What does liable mean in this context?
Come on man, you know what I mean. Someone who is liable or should I said better and able to win games more than Carr did if he's traded which I doubt it anyways. But hey anything can happen right, Joe Montana can come out of retirement and play for us.........hilarious.
Old 03-04-2007   #12
66cobra
Veteran

No way! I agree with kastofsna about the first 3 picks:

Oakland: Most likely QB after Garcia went to TB so Russell or WR after the freakish combine that Calvin Johnson turned in.

My pick: Johnson after Russell showed up fat at the combine.

Detroit: If Oak goes Russell then Joe Thomas is the likely pick here after Millen picked, what?, 3 WRs in the last 4 years (Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, and the Texas guy, name escapes me)

My pick: Joe Thomas, they need to fix the line.

Cleveland: RB, WR or defense
They may pick Johnson here because he looked great at the combine.

my pick: Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson.

Just my 2 cents!
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #13
notanexpert
Rookie

I think Oakland will take Johnson. If Detroit gets an offer I look for them to move down. I think Russel or Quinn might be the second player taken, only not by Detroit. Cleveland will have to chose between Thomas and Peterson.
notanexpert is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read