Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2007   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default So, what about our wr's?

theres no wr's left out there, antonio bryant but thats about it.anyone have any ideas about what theyre going to do? maybe we can pick up jeremy stevens and run some 2 te sets. any ideas?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
texanfan2100
Veteran

Default Re: So, what about our wr's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
theres no wr's left out there, antonio bryant but thats about it.anyone have any ideas about what theyre going to do? maybe we can pick up jeremy stevens and run some 2 te sets. any ideas?

They've backed themselves into a corner. They have to take one early in the draft now (first day). I hope they can pick up a guy who can start, because Kevin Walter is not a #2 receiver. He was barely a #3 receiver last year (not impressed with that signing so far). I'm sure they have something planned, though. Surely they wouldn't let Moulds go without having plans to replace him.

And, to reiterate, I hope their plan isn't to run Kevin Walter out as the other starting receiver.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2100 View Post
They've backed themselves into a corner. They have to take one early in the draft now (first day). I hope they can pick up a guy who can start, because Kevin Walter is not a #2 receiver. He was barely a #3 receiver last year (not impressed with that signing so far). I'm sure they have something planned, though. Surely they wouldn't let Moulds go without having plans to replace him.

And, to reiterate, I hope their plan isn't to run Kevin Walter out as the other starting receiver.
I think it'd be cool if Mathis' hands turned into glue.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #4
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think it'd be cool if Mathis' hands turned into glue.
Or maybe Domanick Williams' knee could grow some cartilage.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

what would u guys think of getting dwayne jarrett and a antonio pittman in the 2nd. or would u guys prefer a lynch and wr in 2nd combo (jason hill, meachem)?? i think id prefer the lynch combo.
Old 03-04-2007   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'd like to get Stallworth in Henry in FA but im not gonna get my hopes up over it.
Old 03-04-2007   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I'd like to get Stallworth in Henry in FA but im not gonna get my hopes up over it.
yeah that would be a sweet combo. i like chris brown over henry though.
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You could have Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, and Cris Carter as your WRs; wont do you any good if there isn't anyone to throw them the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought AJ caught 103 passes last year. Somebody threw him that ball.

Kubiak likes Walter as a #2 receiver. We'll see if he sticks to that sentiment when the season starts.
Old 03-04-2007   #10
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
You could have Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, and Cris Carter as your WRs; wont do you any good if there isn't anyone to throw them the ball.

That's right...I forgot that DC was just a figment of our imagination and we've never actually had a QB for our first 5 years...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #11
Brandyon
Rookie

Move Daniels to WR where he should have been in the first place.

Getting rid of Moulds was a bad idea imo
Brandyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #12
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyon View Post
Move Daniels to WR where he should have been in the first place.

Getting rid of Moulds was a bad idea imo
a big factor in letting go of moulds was because he has lost a step, and putting in a TE at WR wouldn't help too much. daniels has good speed for a TE, but if you think that translates into playing WR, then you got issues.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #13
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

One of the top receivers is going to drop in to the second round. I would not be opposed to taking Sidney Rice with our second pick if he drops, but not Jarret.
Old 03-04-2007   #14
MATRIX
Veteran

They have a plan, and it's too bad we have no idea what it is.

Maybe it's Carr trade and get a RB, then WR on day 1 and then OL or DL on day 2.

After all, Carr could get a 3rd or 4th...and they seem to want a decent WR. But, he just has to beable to catch and draw double teams off AJ. So, a 3 rd WR pick as a #2 isn't too far fetched.

Jerivicious(sp) wasn't real fast, but he did the job. So, maybe thats the idea. A reciver that will catch the ball and help save AJ from being doubled. After all we know TE is a bigger part of the O than last year showed.

You have 1 great WR(AJ) then a dependable(not a 4.4 guy) at #2 and use Walter as #3-4. Then use the TE and get a good back.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #15
htownfoozball
Veteran

mike walker in the 4th round

Central Florida

6'2 210 lbs

4.35 40yd

Pros- good production in college, sure hands, runs good routes, has a big frame

Cons- doesnt play up to timed speed, isnt very elusive after the catch, had an ACL injury 2 years ago, level of competition wasnt great.

his YPC went down significantly after his injury, which may mean he hasnt fully recovered or that he's lost some of his agility. however, for a 4th rounder, he would be a nice pickup. good character and makeup and goes over the middle.

he's more of a number 2 receiver at this point, but he has very good size, speed, and hands, which means he has some pretty good upside.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #16
MATRIX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
mike walker in the 4th round

Central Florida

6'2 210 lbs

4.35 40yd

Pros- good production in college, sure hands, runs good routes, has a big frame

Cons- doesnt play up to timed speed, isnt very elusive after the catch, had an ACL injury 2 years ago, level of competition wasnt great.

his YPC went down significantly after his injury, which may mean he hasnt fully recovered or that he's lost some of his agility. however, for a 4th rounder, he would be a nice pickup. good character and makeup and goes over the middle.

he's more of a number 2 receiver at this point, but he has very good size, speed, and hands, which means he has some pretty good upside.

Their you go, a legit #2 WR in the 4th rd. Leaving us with 3 picks for RB, QB and OL/DL in the 1st 3.

Don't forget Kubes learned from Shanny...and he has a way of making not so big time guys legit starters.
MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #17
Don'tMessWithTexas
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2100 View Post

Kubiak said (article in The Chronicle) that one of the factors in getting rid of Moulds was that he wants to get Walter the ball more. Obviously he is impressed with him. I think I'll put Kubiak's opion above that of texanfan! I think Walter can step it up and become a solid #2 and appariantly so does Kubiak. Let's not forget that maybe he could have made more of an impression if he had a decent QB to throw him the ball! If yall remember he did make quite a few clutch catches for 1st downs.
Don'tMessWithTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #18
Brandyon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281 View Post
a big factor in letting go of moulds was because he has lost a step, and putting in a TE at WR wouldn't help too much. daniels has good speed for a TE, but if you think that translates into playing WR, then you got issues.
yea im just angry right now
Brandyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #19
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well with donte stallworth not getting much attention he might be had for cheap...in detriot mike williams might be cut soon...and then you have the draft...our GM rick smith often talks about ted ginn jr. during a lot of interviews so read into that if you want...but you got guys like courtney taylor, joel filani, dallas baker, steven smith, etc who could be available in round 4
Old 03-04-2007   #20
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess would be that the Texans will sign some boring, flawed veteran who won't preclude them from drafting a WR, but may keep them from "needing" to draft one early. I will let some of you play the name game.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read