Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-04-2007   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What if the Texans drafted Brady Quinn?

What would be your feelings? Do you think he would be David Carr all over again? Would you pissed at the front office? What if Gary Kubiak came out and said Rosenfels would be the starter for a year or two while Quinn would sit the bench and learn for a year or two (ala Carson Palmer in Cinci)?

Personally, I wouldn't be too disappointed. While I'd rather take Levi Brown, Landry, or maybe even trade down if it's possible, I wouldn't be too disappointed in the pick. We need a QB, and even though some have mentioned taking someone like Kolb in the 3rd round, there's a reason Quinn is mentioned as one of the top prospects in the draft while Kolb (or whichever second tier QB) isn't.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: What if the Texans drafted Brady Quinn?

Do I want us to take him? No. Hell no, as a matter of fact, but I wouldn't be too upset, either. I'd support the guy, no lie. He'd sit down for a year, maybe 2, then finally start. (either 2008, or 2009)
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I wouldn't be too upset, either. I'd support the guy, no lie. He'd sit down for a year, maybe 2, then finally start. (either 2008, or 2009)
Quinn comes from a pro-style offense, I think he could be ready by mid-season of his rookie year.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #4
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What would be your feelings? Do you think he would be David Carr all over again? Would you pissed at the front office? What if Gary Kubiak came out and said Rosenfels would be the starter for a year or two while Quinn would sit the bench and learn for a year or two (ala Carson Palmer in Cinci)?

Personally, I wouldn't be too disappointed. While I'd rather take Levi Brown, Landry, or maybe even trade down if it's possible, I wouldn't be too disappointed in the pick. We need a QB, and even though some have mentioned taking someone like Kolb in the 3rd round, there's a reason Quinn is mentioned as one of the top prospects in the draft while Kolb (or whichever second tier QB) isn't.
Mixed feelings. I like him as a prospect a lot and i think he'll be a real solid QB in the future. If they came out after the draft and said...this is our plan with Quinn. Barring major injury problems he won't be starting this next season period. We'll give him time to adjust to the NFL and our play book and when we feel comfortable next year with his progress and our OL play. We'll let him compete in TC for the job and and throughout the season as well.

If that's the case then i wouldn't be opposed to the pick and assuming as well we went OL in the second and preferably third round to really solidify the line and not have to DEPEND on whether Spencer comes back healthy.
Old 03-04-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be all too upset. I would much rather pick up Landry with our pick though, even if quinn's there. I'd rather see kolb in the 3rd sit for 2 years.

I wouldn't want to A) Subject Quinn to our offensive line untill its 'fixed' and B) wouldn't want our 1st rd pick to sit on the bench for 2 years...paying him the big bucks for just sitting.

Would Quinn fit our team, with what kubiak is trying to do? I know he's the most pro ready and taught by weiss but What's his rollout ability and is he accurate on the run?

I don't know about david carr II. i think carr would be a great qb behind a better line. but now we've messed him up imo...he's always looking for who gonna hit him next..and i can't blame him.. he's like an abused dog.

i think quinn will be a great qb in the nfl if given to right opportunity. i think higher of him than most people...and i actually like quinn better than russell.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Personnely would rather take another losing season in '07 and get one of the QB's coming out in next years draft. Pass on Quinn, fix the O-line this year with Levi or get the running back position filled with Peterson or Lynch. Another way to go is Safety and DT are also big needs another OLB is a need as well.

Quinn to me is not the answer the Texans are looking for IMO he is WAY OVERATED I'd rather take a chance in the later round of the draft with Kolb,Stannton or for that matter Smith because they would come at a much cheaper price.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'd much prefer Landry/Okoye or a trade down at our pick.
Old 03-04-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lots of fans would be upset because of the way people have portrayed him as a loser, but then a few days later they'd get real excited after really taking a look at his resume. and then in a year or two you'd have a great player.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
lots of fans would be upset because of the way people have portrayed him as a loser, but then a few days later they'd get real excited after really taking a look at his resume. and then in a year or two you'd have a great player.
hope youre right about that, because i'd be pretty upset.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
I agree with you Kast. I really like Brohm next year. i'm also really hoping we're not in a position to take him though. Depending on how our o-line does..i'd like to see one of the stud LT next year baker, long, gaither.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

full scale rioting

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Same as last year. Anger and disbelief followed by optimism and excitement.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #13
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't let it happen...my wife is a Domer! Seriously, I think Landry is their focus.
Old 03-04-2007   #14
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

[quote=Ole Miss Texan;613922]I wouldn't be all too upset. I would much rather pick up Landry with our pick though, even if quinn's there. I'd rather see kolb in the 3rd sit for 2 years.

Bingo! Those are my feelings verbatim. He's too big of a gamble.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I might :brickwall or maybe or maybe just , but in the end I'll still be a fan!

If they do pick Quinn I hope it's to trade down with someone and get an extra pick or two! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w91-GMc3j7I

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #17
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I would be happy with the pick. Quinn's got lots of people to prove wrong on at the professional level and I personally think depending how our O-Line does this year, that he could start near the last 4 games of the season to get a taste of how it is going to be like. I'd be 100% happy with Quinn. As for the others (excluding Peterson), I would be alittle dissapointed, but hey these guys get paid to build a team; they should know a bit more than I do.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #18
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost expect us to draft him (not that I want us to) if Peterson isn't there at 8.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Same as last year. Anger and disbelief followed by optimism and excitement.
Me too.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

If we draft Quinn, we'll have a great QB. I'll do this:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read