Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-04-2007   #1
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler
Default my thoughts on AP

If he's there at #8 take calls about a trade down cause this club needs help at a lot of positions. If not, i'm not oppposed to taking him at 8. But only at the 8 spot. PERIOD.

Any trade ups for him and i put thing club in the Saints Ricky Williams trade catergory. Meaning it's really stupid to think one guy is really going to turn a franchise around by himself alone.

If you're hellbent on a first round RB. Next year Slaton, Rice and McFadden should be available. One of those three would be available barring a miracle turn around here next year.

Honestly i hope Celeveland picks him at three so this is all mute. I like Brown at 8 and i am so grateful for Landry's combine because it puts him as possibility as well. One of those two... thanks.
Old 03-04-2007   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Re: my thoughts on AP

Unless we give up our entire 2007 draft trying to get him, nobody will EVER be in the Ricky Williams trade catagory . . .
Old 03-04-2007   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want us to trade up, I would consider trading down though.

AD is in my top 5, so if he is there I wouldn't complain.
Old 03-04-2007   #4
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
If he's there at #8 take calls about a trade down cause this club needs help at a lot of positions. If not, i'm not oppposed to taking him at 8. But only at the 8 spot. PERIOD.
I feel bad that you wasted even this much thought on what would happen if AP was there at 8.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

stranger things have happened.

with all of the player movement being made in FA, it's not completely out of the question that he might slide down. ya just never know....

for the record though, I wouldn't mind the trade down if he is there.
Old 03-04-2007   #6
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX View Post
I feel bad that you wasted even this much thought on what would happen if AP was there at 8.
I feel even worse that you probably think that getting AP at 8 will miraculously turn this team around. Like i said i wouldn't mind AP at 8. But i'd field phone calls for the pick and see if we can pick up another pick in the draft.
Old 03-04-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I feel even worse that you probably think that getting AP at 8 will miraculously turn this team around. Like i said i wouldn't mind AP at 8. But i'd field phone calls for the pick and see if we can pick up another pick in the draft.
Me too. Some of these folks boggle my mind sometimes. The list of holes for this club are long. All Day will plug one of those for sure. But how many times have we seen this in the NFL and it just didn't work out the way the herd thought it would ? McGehee ? Kajana ? NFL history is littered with them.
Old 03-04-2007   #8
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Me too. Some of these folks boggle my mind sometimes. The list of holes for this club are long. All Day will plug one of those for sure. But how many times have we seen this in the NFL and it just didn't work out the way the herd thought it would ? McGehee ? Kajana ? NFL history is littered with them.
AD will not be a fix-all for the 07 season, but rather a side show to pacify a shallow fan base until the pieces fall into place. If we trade up for AD, I wouldn't see it as an attempt at improving a tattered offense but rather an attempt at throwing a blanket over the bigger problem until the FO has a chance to fix it in 08.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exithios View Post
AD will not be a fix-all for the 07 season, but rather a side show to pacify a shallow fan base until the pieces fall into place. If we trade up for AD, I wouldn't see it as an attempt at improving a tattered offense but rather an attempt at throwing a blanket over the bigger problem until the FO has a chance to fix it in 08.
Which is exactly why this FO won't trade up for him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #10
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Well your not probably wrong there, you're are wrong. Well you and threetoedpete. No one has talked about, including me, that AP would turn this team around. I'm sure you can find more than a couple of posts where I am a fan of trading down. But it would be asinine to not take a prospect of AP's rating if he fell to 8. But once again, I've actually just wasted my own time one talking about something that just won't be happening.

Anyways, stick to the point of people's posts, I said nothing about AP solving this team....I said it was foolish to dream he fell to the 8 spot. Don't run with something that wasn't even there.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #11
sangien
Rookie

We need to go for quality we are not going to get better giving up a few star players for a lot of average ones,.
Old 03-04-2007   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangien View Post
We need to go for quality we are not going to get better giving up a few star players for a lot of average ones,.
An excellent point and one that I am consistently surprised to see unappreciated by more people. When you have a chance to draft someone truly special you add that player to your team. At least I do.

Of course I'd be sitting with a linebacker corp that included DeMeco Ryans and Derrick Johnson right now so who am I kidding.

Travis Johnson and Jason Babin would both be underachieving on somebody elses team in my world.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read