Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2007   #1
macaronitoni
Rookie

Default Anyone else disappointed?

Looks like Carr is here to stay. Kubiak isn't going to go with Rosenfels as our starter and the two QB's he wanted via Free Agency BOTH signed with the Bucs. Don't look for Plummer to be traded again. get ready for another disappointing season. We are the new "Detroit Lions." (meaning, who the hell wants to play for us? They'd rather play for a team that won't guarantee them a starting job than to come here knowing they will be the star)
macaronitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #2
newport texan
Veteran

Default Re: Anyone else disappointed?

i am disappointed in Tampa's greed and Denver's spite. Two more teams i now hate!

I dont think its over yet as far as a new QB...at least i hope not
newport texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there is ALOT going on here, Plummer has made it very well known he'd rather RETIRE than go to Tampa Bay. So.... why would he make to go to TB if there wasn't something more there? I think Carr might be traded to TB in exchange for Plummer or Garcia and maybe some draft movement. I just have a weird feeling something is going on here more than meets the eye.

but who am I , guess we'll have to watch the football soap operas and see what happens
Old 03-04-2007   #4
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have more pressing needs than the QB position.
Old 03-04-2007   #5
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides View Post
I think we have more pressing needs than the QB position.

I agree with you there, but it is something that needs to be addressed.
Old 03-04-2007   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Yawn @ trippin on 3/3/07.
Old 03-04-2007   #7
phan1
All Pro

I'll be dissappointed if we don't get a QB in the draft at least.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2007   #8
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

were doomed, we are the Lions, Cards, and Raiders in one!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #9
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
were doomed, we are the Lions, Cards, and Raiders in one!
LOL
Man.....we are one talented team Wig !
Old 03-04-2007   #10
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

It Is Truely Time To Send All The Texans Management For A Drug Test, Including The Owner, Dead Money In The Cap, Releasing Players With Potential Jabar Gaffney Is Just One Example The Pats. Stole From Us. Someone Said Above Are We The New Raiders, We Just Might Be.......if This Boat Continues To Sail In The Wrong Direction
Old 03-04-2007   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Patriots didn't steal anything. Gaffney was cut by both the Texans and the Eagles before being picked up by the WR depleted Patriots. The Texans actually have a GM instead of an owner/GM like the Raiders so the Texans are a far way from being the Raiders.
Old 03-04-2007   #12
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS View Post
It Is Truely Time To Send All The Texans Management For A Drug Test, Including The Owner, Dead Money In The Cap, Releasing Players With Potential Jabar Gaffney Is Just One Example The Pats. Stole From Us. Someone Said Above Are We The New Raiders, We Just Might Be.......if This Boat Continues To Sail In The Wrong Direction

If you're going to rant against the team, at least get your facts straight. It would make your arguments seem more credible.

The Pats didn't steal anyone from the Texans. Gaffney was signed by the Eagles as an unrestricted free agent last off-season after the Texans chose not to re-sign him. He obviously wasn't in great demand as he signed with the Eagles for next to nothing (1 yr : 900k) about a week into free agency.

Gaffney was with the Eagles through minicamps, training camp and preseason but he couldn't beat out Darnerian McCants and was released from the team prior to Week 1. He was out of work for about six weeks (available to any team as a street free agent) and floated around until around mid-October when a WR needy Pats team gave him a call.

This just in: Tom Brady can make almost any WR look good - Jabar Gaffney Is Just One Example.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #13
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
Looks like Carr is here to stay. Kubiak isn't going to go with Rosenfels as our starter and the two QB's he wanted via Free Agency BOTH signed with the Bucs. Don't look for Plummer to be traded again. get ready for another disappointing season. We are the new "Detroit Lions." (meaning, who the hell wants to play for us? They'd rather play for a team that won't guarantee them a starting job than to come here knowing they will be the star)
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #14
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Jake Plummer is going to play next year, and Tampa is not going to keep THREE $5 million QBs.

I think this situation will sort out fairly quickly.
Old 03-04-2007   #15
texun
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I think there is ALOT going on here, Plummer has made it very well known he'd rather RETIRE than go to Tampa Bay. So.... why would he make to go to TB if there wasn't something more there? I think Carr might be traded to TB in exchange for Plummer or Garcia and maybe some draft movement. I just have a weird feeling something is going on here more than meets the eye.

but who am I , guess we'll have to watch the football soap operas and see what happens
I agree. Plummer will not remain in Tampa Bay - they are using him for trade bait to the Texans. There is always more going on in the front offices than we will ever know. If we end up keeping Carr, it isn't the worse that can happen. While Plummers Won/Loss record in Denver was very good, he had a good organization and proven system behind him, which is more than I can say about the Texans at this point. Plummers early career in Arizona is very similar to Carr's career in Houston.
texun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaronitoni View Post
Not going to happen. Not with what has transpired lately. They can still start Rosenfels and get a pick for Carr. Plummer wanted to be here and all the texans had to do was give up a pick but they want to keep the picks. With their effort to get Garcia it is obvious they are looking for a replacement starter. I doubt they would want to be back-ups again.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 03-04-2007 at 12:17 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Yawn @ trippin on 3/3/07.

he's right, you know.
Old 03-04-2007   #18
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

I would've liked to have seen the team sign Garcia or acquire Plummer, but I'm not disappointed. There is still a decent chance we'll get Plummer, because if he wants to keep playing, all he has to do is show up in Tampa with a bad attitude and the team will cut him. There's no way Tampa will pay $15+ million to 3 quarterbacks next season. Or perhaps we could ship a #5 or worse pick to Tampa for him, but that doesn't have to happen RIGHT NOW.

As far as the lack of activity in free agency, I'd rather have no signings than bad signings. We had way too many of the latter due to Casserly's gross incompetence. Going into free agency, I didn't think the team would do more than pick up a few players who could patch holes, and there's still time to do that.

Extending Andre's contract was a good thing, and I expect more good things during the draft.

There's no reason to get discouraged this early into the offseason. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's going to take some time to clean up the mess Casserly left behind.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #19
Big J
Rookie

I totally agree that I would rather not be that active in free agency if we are out to get mediocre players. The signing of Andre Johnson is a huge step toward success and shows that our front office rewards talented players for their hard work/dedication.

I think it is very important to get Vonta Leach back. He was critical down the stretch in our run game. I think the front office should reinvest money into our GOOD players such as him.

It might be a tough year, but I like the we arent picking up scrubs and that we resigned our best player. I think we are setting ourselves up for success in the coming years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan View Post
I would've liked to have seen the team sign Garcia or acquire Plummer, but I'm not disappointed. There is still a decent chance we'll get Plummer, because if he wants to keep playing, all he has to do is show up in Tampa with a bad attitude and the team will cut him. There's no way Tampa will pay $15+ million to 3 quarterbacks next season. Or perhaps we could ship a #5 or worse pick to Tampa for him, but that doesn't have to happen RIGHT NOW.

As far as the lack of activity in free agency, I'd rather have no signings than bad signings. We had way too many of the latter due to Casserly's gross incompetence. Going into free agency, I didn't think the team would do more than pick up a few players who could patch holes, and there's still time to do that.

Extending Andre's contract was a good thing, and I expect more good things during the draft.

There's no reason to get discouraged this early into the offseason. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it's going to take some time to clean up the mess Casserly left behind.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007   #20
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if the team is patient they can force the Bucs hand. Tampa won't keep all 3 QBs. Plummer is the one they are most likely to dump and I think they picked him up to try and get something from the Texans for him. If the team doesn't panic they might be able to get him as a Free Agent without giving up a pick.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read